Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#3,802 ·
Got my buckets back in and then back on the wiring. Finished the rear tailights, and the instrument panel. Wont be doing anything tomorrow, as it's opening day for Beaches, our weekly summer cruise! I bet there'll be 1200+ cars tomorrow with 82 degrees predicted!
I am jealous. You are really coming along. Looking good

I'll be looking for the new thread on your car, John. I'm fasinated by people who can fabricate a floor like that. I don't have the skill or patience to do that. I'd rather buy a complete pan and start from that. And then fight with it to make it fit...
Amen on the fight to make them fit. Most all of them are "near fit panels".....if your lucky. :pain:

John

#3,808 ·
I'll be looking for the new thread on your car, John. I'm fasinated by people who can fabricate a floor like that. I don't have the skill or patience to do that. I'd rather buy a complete pan and start from that. And then fight with it to make it fit...
Just posted the thread. Hope to start cutting tomorrow. It just occurred to me my wife's nephew has my bead roller about 40 miles from here. will have to get it back pretty quick.

John

#3,813 ·
#3,816 ·
I am going thru boxes of parts to sell off the Buick stuff and get the truck stuff in the garage for use. I am having a ball getting into these parts. :D My five minutes turned into 2 hours. :D

Brian

#3,819 ·
I got out in the back yard and moved my frame and cab around to get ready to get it up on the cart I am making.

I got a butchered up frame in part of the deal on my frame with the Camaro clip. I cut that frame up to make a cart for the cab.

I am getting gitty, I can't say it any other way, I am so damn excited to get on this truck!

Brian

#3,820 ·
I am excited to see you getting started Brian. :thumbup:

I got my bead roller back tonight. The front rh body braces are now removed from the convert and I am ready build a set of them and repair the rust in the lower Cowl area.

This is all running through my head at night while I am supposed to be sleeping. Kinda cool to be so excited about something Huh? :D:D

John