Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
For the past few nights I have been wanting to fire the 500 cube "Street Motor" Old Skool externally, except for ignition and valve covers..

.620 lift hyd roller. 850 vac secondary carb, old Tarantula "bent" intake on ported big valve heads.

Fired up tonight, first crank. Music to old ears. Like a newborn cry. Altho a LOUD newborn.

Better pics in my photo project journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
I have been working on my truck (,second build ) for close to a year and not finished yet ,probably spent to much money, the only thing that will keep me from driving it is if I cant find any gas .
I have driven my roadster every summer since I started the build. I would bolt it together in the spring and take it apart in the fall. Whether the car, or truck, is finished has nothing to do with how much fun it is to have it on the road. I like my shiney paint and upholstery but had lots of fun with the car before I had either. Drive em and enjoy them. That is what it is all about.

John