Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,074 Times in 958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Looking good. i know you are excited. Congratulations.

Yes! To me, that is going to be the perfect chop. It brings the truck into perfect proportions and looks like the factory built it that way. Someone who is not familiar with these trucks may not realise it is chopped.

When it is done you need to always park beside one that is stock if you can.

The sectioning and chopping work perfectly together. Maybe you should have been a GM designer.

John

BTW Have you decided for sure what you are going to do with the rear window?
Thanks John, I am not sure on the rear window, I am planning on putting the stock window out of the extra roof and then widening it over to the quarter windows leaving exactly the distance between the door glass and the quarter glass so they are all the same all the way around. OR tighten it up a bit so it's more like that 57 Buick. But this is honestly one of those very hard choices and I am going to think long and hard before I do that. I am also going to mock it up, and photo shop it before too. This is one of those changes where you really need to get it out in the driveway and stand back and look at it from different angles.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
John long (07-21-2013)