Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
This is true. The only thing stopping me is that I don't have the 54 cab with the one piece windshield. And it's a little too much without the one piece windshield. And I have thought about that too, I have thought about putting the front half of the cowl and roof from a 54......I just hate to drift so far from MY truck that I know and love. My happy medium that hit me one night was to put a very narrow strip in the middle of the windshields instead of that one inch wide one of the production model. I am thinking that will be that middle of the road that will be acceptable in my mind with what I am after.

Brian
I do think if you stray too far from your vision you had as a kid you will regret it. This is your opportunity to build the truck you dreamed of back before you had the tools, money or knowledge to pull it off. The Motorama concept is perfect because you are using the parts, style and methods that were available when you first had the truck back in your high school days.

I only spent about 2 hours in the garage but did get a little more done on the body mount that goes under the front of the seat.

Lynn Yearwood would approve.

John

The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (07-21-2013)