The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 10 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

today I'm working on breakfast, beer, and watching my 49ers go to the superbowl. Pretty productive day if you asked me.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: Try again
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69
today I'm working on breakfast, beer, and watching my 49ers go to the superbowl. Pretty productive day if you asked me.
then what? back to work tomorrow to rest?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:35 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Well Brian.. I guess we are both Morons, (or MAROON) is there a differance? I am missing some important pieces for mine,, also ,like the window trim/ weather seal for the doors, that were taken off by the painter,, I can buy replacements ,, but have to buy the whole kit of 8 pcs,, that I only need the 4 outside pieces,, the inside pieces are on the door panels, and the old ones were in perfect condition,, thats the killer,,
Mine has been apart for nearly 6 years,, I tried to keep everything in 1 place and bundled up together,,now like I mentioned in another post,, gonna have to but a new windshield too,,,,
that buick looks like its in pretty good condition,, Calif Car???

wish my neighbor had a orange tree hanging over in my yard,, it would be void of any fruit on that side,,
It is amazing how much room a disassembled car takes up! I have a 12x12 shed that has a lot of it taken up by this car, a travel trailer with a few large pieces, a large cabinet in the garage, the rafters in the garage, it is amazing how much room it takes up, and I have TWO of these projects taken apart.
It floored me when I found the second set of inner fender rubbers, I laughed out loud. I know one thing, window "fuzzies" that I had bought two sets of, one of them was JUNK, I mean J-U-N-K JUNK and not even close to being like the old ones. I have to assume that they were miss boxed and really for a coupe or the next year model or post car or something, they SUCK and worthless. The box is marked "65 GM A body convertible" but they are NOT for this car unless they are the worse repro parts ever and I am thinking they are close enough that is exactly what they are, HORRIBLE repro parts. Anyway, being I have two pair I have this little hope in my head that I bought those first and then the others so the second set wasn't a waste. Even the second set needed some rubbing blocks taken off the original and used. But honestly, if all I had were the junk set I would have been pretty frustrated.

Sad part is, they are so bad I can't even sell them because I wouldn't want to do that to someone.

Brian[/QUOTE]

If I drive 7-800 miles down there will you help me load it,, and ,I'll be glad to take it off your hands, then you will have lots of room to work on your P/U and a place to park your scrambler,,,,

My 69 Bonneville had 38K actual miles on it when I bought it about 10 yr ago.. was in excellent condition,, was a perfect driver,, but I can't leave anything in one piece and enjoy it,, I have to tear it apart and change things,, its been painted twice since I bought it, and been driven 7500 miles, that includes 2 trips to calif,, and its now been apart for almost 6 years, Go Figure,,, is it that I would rather have my projects in pieces and spending money on them insted of driving them,,? That seems to be the story with most of the cars I have ever owned,, and there has been a bunch,
Old 01-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Well I didn't want to bring out my son's new truck yet.. But this is what we been doing the last two week's.. I'll show just a little for now..

This is how it looked when he bought it..

Now In these two week's... We threw the old frame, and ford motor and trans out by the road and the bed... I built him a new frame and stuck in a 350 chevy and trans... I also had to make the chop look a whole lot better then it did.. Will be making a whole new bed also... Built a custom dash and console and doing a whole new floor as well... We wanted to keep the cover over this one,,, But the word is out we are building it.. Here's a little taste of what's behind the curtain..

Oh !!! Let's just say my son now has the HOT ROD VIRUS !!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3608.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	62097   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3689.JPG
Views:	552
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	62098   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3693.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	62099  
Old 01-22-2012, 05:01 PM

Last journal entry: Csr Electric Water pump
Last photo:

Bad assess truck right there keep us posted.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:54 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO 48 fleetline
Bad assess truck right there keep us posted.
Thanks Pro... It will be a very cool hot rod for my son... We was going to keep it a secret until the end,, But that would be very hard with everyone popping in at my house...So I guess it was OK to give a little peek..

I really like how it's coming together now...I want it !!!!
But he isn't going to let that happen... I hope I at least get to drive it... OH !!! Sorry son !!! Didn't see you standing behind me...
Old 01-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't understand?

Last photo:

wow, thats great

I hope he knows how lucky he is to have a dad, that will help him build/rework such a cool truck

in fact, will you adopt me?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't understand?

Last photo:

oh yea, today I did nothing but go get a spare chop saw disc and a couple of wire wheels
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:

Weekend Finally!

Checked On The Rear End & Brake Parts At The Speed Shop Sat Morn, Supposed To Be Ready To Go Next Weekend. Will Be Glad To Get Them In And Get It Set Back Down On The Floor To Check Stance & Start On New Trans Tunnel & Floor. Put Engine & New Tranny In Again For Checks On Engine Mounts, Clearances, Etc. Took Engine & Tranny Out. Massaged Tranny Mount To Clear Trans Pan. Welded In Engine Mount Flats, & Painted Bare Metal & Some Suspension. Made Some Templates For The Front Cowl Floor Curve And The Firewall. Put Engine Back In: Am Pleased With The Additional Clearance For The Firewall And I Think Headers Will Have More Room Also! (700r4 Moved The Engine Forward When I Used The Same Rear Placement The Previous Turbo 350 Used). Still A Lot To Do, Just Need Two Or Three Weekends Every Week!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1520.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	62108   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1535.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	62109   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1532.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	62110   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1534.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	62111  
Old 01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,320 Times in 1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Thanks Pro... It will be a very cool hot rod for my son... We was going to keep it a secret until the end,, But that would be very hard with everyone popping in at my house...So I guess it was OK to give a little peek..

I really like how it's coming together now...I want it !!!!
But he isn't going to let that happen... I hope I at least get to drive it... OH !!! Sorry son !!! Didn't see you standing behind me...
He should lower it a bit. Really, it is very cool, looks a lot like the one my nephew made, he is having a ball with it.

Brian
Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,320 Times in 1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat

If I drive 7-800 miles down there will you help me load it,, and ,I'll be glad to take it off your hands, then you will have lots of room to work on your P/U and a place to park your scrambler,,,,

My 69 Bonneville had 38K actual miles on it when I bought it about 10 yr ago.. was in excellent condition,, was a perfect driver,, but I can't leave anything in one piece and enjoy it,, I have to tear it apart and change things,, its been painted twice since I bought it, and been driven 7500 miles, that includes 2 trips to calif,, and its now been apart for almost 6 years, Go Figure,,, is it that I would rather have my projects in pieces and spending money on them insted of driving them,,? That seems to be the story with most of the cars I have ever owned,, and there has been a bunch,
I have been reading the GM manual on the top and it's demystifying it a lot for me. I did a top on a Mustang with my boss when I was a kid and it didn't seem like that big of a deal so I am going moving ahead. You can save your trip here to get it until the next time I am frustrated with it. But be waiting for the call because I get over it quick.

Brian
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

fan died on my computers video card today, heard popping noises, made the stupid decision of grabbing it. Now have a very faint PCB pattern on my fingers.

Fixed it with pliers. a 40mm case fan, zip ties and scotch tape.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Plan B

Last photo:

"zip Ties" the modern bailing wire
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Yup, It seems everyone is going hi tec these days.....And velcro insted of bubble gum....
Old 01-23-2012, 01:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
wow, thats great

I hope he knows how lucky he is to have a dad, that will help him build/rework such a cool truck

in fact, will you adopt me?

It really don't seem to phase him..
Or he just doesn't like showing it..

I know he loves the way the truck is looking... He been helping more on this one for sure..

As far as me adopting you... Sure!!!! pack your stuff and come on...
as long as I can claim you on my tax's..

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.