The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 111 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

putting new roof on my .... green house, haha. i am in the middle of sanding down my cap that came on my truck when i bought it and bought a new gun yesterday to spray it the same Buff urethane primer so i can put it back on my truck for winter/to sell it. they came together, they go together.

nothing as exotic as what's posted above, i'm afraid, but it's what i gots. not worth the time to take and post a pic.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

Is this thing on?

putting new roof on my .... green house, haha. i am in the middle of sanding down my cap that came on my truck when i bought it and bought a new gun yesterday to spray it the same Buff urethane primer so i can put it back on my truck for winter/to sell it. they came together, they go together.

nothing as exotic as what's posted above, i'm afraid, but it's what i gots. not worth the time to take and post a pic.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Good to see your progress Pugs. Keep the pictures coming. I can't imagine starting a project so involved. I know we all have to admire your hard work.

John L
Thanks John (and Brian too).
The hard work part so far is correct, but things are in such a mess right now it feels like the results from the hard work are never gonna come.

Kind of how Brian felt doing his rag top I guess.....

I started tacking the strip for the engine bay opening tonight. About 10 tacks and about 1/2 hour in. Every minute helps.

Its off to the local cruise nite now.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 PM

Last photo:

Ok I started to prep the 1940 LaSalle to shoot red oxide primer and then it will be ready to paint Oxblood Maroon. Fabulous color.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Played with the advance curve on my GM distributor in the flathead. There is a crack in the housing where the lower bushing is installed. I ordered a new one from Charlie NY on the Ford Barn. Unfortunately my friend who machined this one for me is in the middle of a divorce and I do not feel comfortable asking him to do another one. Hopefully Charlie will have his set up and I will be ready to go.

John L
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Still more work on my interior trim panels. All are looking good with a couple ready for cleaning to see if I need to paint them. I know I have to do the door panels but not sure about the rears. Sure is funny how I thought I was just going to throw them on and be done. I also found some friggin clips for the top to body mouldings that I didn't know I had! Grrrrrrrrrrr I didn't remember them even having any! I posted over on the TeamChevelle site asking and sure enough people said they used a clip, mine were "staying on" ok and I figured I never had them and put them back on. Now I find the damn clips! GRRRRRR

Brian
Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Blown 502

Last photo:

Swapped out my Chrome Front Bumper & Grill for Red
And Cut those dam fugly side exit exhaust pipes & tips off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	67842   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	467.9 KB
ID:	67843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Before2.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	67844   Click image for larger version

Name:	After2.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	67845   Click image for larger version

Name:	RearView.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	67847  

Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 AM

Last photo:

Hey, you didn't do that today or last night, when you first posted the photos of your truck back a few days ago it already had the red bumper and no side exhaust. Don't be fooling us, what did you TODAY?

It does look a LOT better with those changes by the way. Glad to see you part of this thread!

Brian
Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

That is one sweet truck.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Blown 502

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Hey, you didn't do that today or last night, when you first posted the photos of your truck back a few days ago it already had the red bumper and no side exhaust. Don't be fooling us, what did you TODAY?

It does look a LOT better with those changes by the way. Glad to see you part of this thread!

Brian
Thanks and Your right I did that Thursday but was out of town a few days and just saw the thread so I figured...

Today the only thing I did was moved all my stuff into it from another toy I sold this week and also put down a big *** heavy rubber mat in it's Steel Carport to keep the moisture down underneath.
Pretty Clean under there and would like to keep it that way

(would also like to have this 5 car garage my good friend has, sob got a lift, tire machine, wheel balancing machine, and every tool you could think of, ya I'm jelous )
Old 09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

It does look good under there Rob. Have you thought about running those pipes out in front of the rear wheels ..

John L
Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetRob View Post
(would also like to have this 5 car garage my good friend has, sob got a lift, tire machine, wheel balancing machine, and every tool you could think of, ya I'm jelous )
LOL, I have a friend with the same garage with a collection of vintage Vettes!

Brian
Old 09-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Blown 502

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
It does look good under there Rob. Have you thought about running those pipes out in front of the rear wheels ..

John L
I assume thats a joke because "they were" running out in front of the rear wheels last week (as seen in pic #1 & #3 in post 1657).

Maybe it was because the pipes are so got dam big I dont know but it just looked like ***** to me. Plus they were totally blocking the view to my 33 x 21.5's and the way they did it, it left the truck with only 3-1/2" clearance (now I have more than double that).
Old 09-15-2012, 04:39 PM

Last photo:

Well, I got out there last night and did a little more prep work on my interior panels. Today I was out there bright and early and finished the prep up and painted them all. I am thinking I will get the moisture shields done tomorrow and then after a few days I'll put the panels back together and install them. But they are looking good, that will make a big difference in how the car looks.

Brian
Old 09-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Well, I got out there last night and did a little more prep work on my interior panels. Today I was out there bright and early and finished the prep up and painted them all. I am thinking I will get the moisture shields done tomorrow and then after a few days I'll put the panels back together and install them. But they are looking good, that will make a big difference in how the car looks.

Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetRob View Post
I assume thats a joke because "they were" running out in front of the rear wheels last week (as seen in pic #1 & #3 in post 1657).
I hate you broke your camera Brian. Hopefully you can borrow one so we can see your panels.

Yes Rob I was joking. You had said you were taking them off. Now you know why I go by 40grit on the HAMB.........Just slightly abrasive.

John L

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Come On Man! | - »