The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 114 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,274 Times in 1,115 Posts
All I did was order my seal kit.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Good stuff! Crap that must be wild driving one of those!

Brian
I'll probably never know but he will have fun (as you can tell in the picture).
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Now that's a good day! Congratulations I did a tire rotation.
BB!
I actually did take time out from the sprint and changed the oil in my truck only because I gotta use it to pull the car trailer to the track, forgot about that. The things I do for that boy of mine
Old 09-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Last journal entry: 1930 chevy ratrod pick-up
Last photo:

47 ih

been busy with the IH, my friend's wife posed for a pic.she just loved this old truck. she is from equdore, south america.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	esterida and the international.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	67976  
Old 09-20-2012, 12:56 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

The other day my wife and I went to a few junk yards looking for a fuel cell and a posi unit so we spent a long time pulling off rear end covers and walking!!!!! Finally we found an Eaton limited slip posi unit in a rear end housing from a 79 Camaro My wife asked how much if I pulled it out, and they said $200 for the entire unit drum to drum we jumped on it!!! And they had a fuel cell out of the same Camaro a 16 gallon R.C.I. with all fittings and sending unit for 40 bucks it looked like new. I loaded the truck with what we bought and I felt a little ting in my back but had no real pain. drove home and unloaded the truck and again had a little odd feeling in my back but still no pain! So I started tearing down the rear housing and cleaned all the dope off all the internals.

The ring and pinion are "Richmond #80- 0434-1 m>< 2 5620" with a spacer plate between the ring gear and posi unit, looked in all my books and the internet and cant find that Richmond # any where ?? Went back out to the garage pulled the drums and saw all the brakes and hardware are new! but I'm stooping over and standing up a lot ( the rear ends on jack stands) now my backs starting to bother me a little

I closed up the garage went in the house and took a couple of aspirin!!! I knew what was to come!!!!!!! I haven't been on here much this summer, to much going on more interesting in the hotrod culture outdoors! But the next morning I couldn't get out of bed without my wife's help!!!!! And now Im having a hard time moving at all !!! At 66 years old I dont spring back like I used to!!!!!LOL So im setting here at the computer with a heating pad on my back telling you guys what Im doing today!! Right now Ive got to drain a kidney but don't want to get up because my back isn't hurting much right now and I know if I get up its going to hurt LOL

This week end is the biggest swap meet in Michigan (The Michigan antique & collectable festival ) in midland!!! I never miss it so my back has to be better by this week end !!!!!!

I think I'll crawl to the bath room now!!!

Chris
Old 09-20-2012, 02:05 PM

Last photo:

Chris, do you ever try leg lifts when your back is hurting? They are like magic for me.

It sounds crazy, you can barely get down on the floor you are so stiff and hurting but it really works. Even after doing them I can barely get up. But then it starts to feel better. I will do them regularly when it starts to hurt.

We are talking go up to the 15 only, not even that high, your heels only a foot off the ground, and count to ten then drop and do it over. Do this three or four times each time you do them is usually enough.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
cranky1 (09-21-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
been busy with the IH, my friend's wife posed for a pic.she just loved this old truck. she is from equdore, south america.
What a cute lady, she makes it look even better.

Brian
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Had to go back and look again! I'll be darned, there is a truck in that picture!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Perusing CL the other day and stumbled across an Econoline straight axle setup complete right down to springs and shackles! Ad showed boxes with parts, so I gave them a call. Turns out to have two new finned drums, new Bendix wheel cylinders, new Bendix brakes, new king pins, and new Moog tierod ends. Bought the whole package for $100, and spent today cleaning and stripping it down. Separated all the springs and painted everything up, then installed the new parts and reassembled.
Should be a good donor for the next gasser project!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:32 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
What a cute lady, she makes it look even better.

Brian
Very pretty woman! nice truck too!

Brian: I broke my back and crushed 3 vertebra a while back at the same time crushed 2 lower ribs and have muscle dysfunction on these ribs, if I'm not careful how I move the muscles pull the ribs out away from my spine and causes pain the veterans hospital said to take the pain as long as I can and postpone fusing my back and damaged bone because the damage I have is still better then a stainless steal post fused to my spine! Ive had this a long time and am pretty used to the discomfort for the few days that it lasts ! Im even off the pain meds I cant stand being doped up! Im actually in good shape after 2 shoulder replacements, a broken back, terminal with cancer (in 1979 I was given one year to live,I beat it! cancer again in 85, beat it again! and having to go in every year since 79 for cancer check ups, let alone 3 tours in Nam and 6 months in Balboa Navy hospital, and being burned in a gas fire in 89 and being unable to work for 2 years after the fire!

So for a guy that should of died in 1980 and made it home from Nam!!! Im kicking the Devils "A S S" On the door of my street machine I have Lettered "The Devils Riding Shot Gun" Because hes been trying to get me for a long time LOL

Ill bet a lot of guys on here have even worse things they can tell!!! I saw little kids in the terminal wards that had it worse then me still laughing and enjoying what little life they had left right to the end! So I have no complaints about life and every day is a joy even today and the pretty little lady standing by the truck took my mind off the discomfort for a minute she looks like my wife 30 years ago LOL

To all you guys on here with pain or problems that are hard to stand up to, I wish you the best and tell the devil to kiss your "A S S"

Chris

Last edited by painted jester; 09-20-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,204 Posts
Nissan, I really like the picture of your truck.......

John L
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Wow, I need to go to South America
Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Very pretty woman! nice truck too!

Brian: I broke my back and crushed 3 vertebra a while back at the same time crushed 2 lower ribs and have muscle dysfunction on these ribs, if I'm not careful how I move the muscles pull the ribs out away from my spine and causes pain the veterans hospital said to take the pain as long as I can and postpone fusing my back and damaged bone because the damage I have is still better then a stainless steal post fused to my spine! Ive had this a long time and am pretty used to the discomfort for the few days that it lasts ! Im even off the pain meds I cant stand being doped up! Im actually in good shape after 2 shoulder replacements, a broken back, terminal with cancer (in 1979 I was given one year to live,I beat it! cancer again in 85, beat it again! and having to go in every year since 79 for cancer check ups, let alone 3 tours in Nam and 6 months in Balboa Navy hospital, and being burned in a gas fire in 89 and being unable to work for 2 years after the fire!

So for a guy that should of died in 1980 and made it home from Nam!!! Im kicking the Devils "A S S" On the door of my street machine I have Lettered "The Devils Riding Shot Gun" Because hes been trying to get me for a long time LOL

Ill bet a lot of guys on here have even worse things they can tell!!! I saw little kids in the terminal wards that had it worse then me still laughing and enjoying what little life they had left right to the end! So I have no complaints about life and every day is a joy even today and the pretty little lady standing by the truck took my mind off the discomfort for a minute she looks like my wife 30 years ago LOL

To all you guys on here with pain or problems that are hard to stand up to, I wish you the best and tell the devil to kiss your "A S S"

Chris
Chris, your problems sure make mine not enough to even think about. Thanks for putting things in perspective.

Brian
Old 09-20-2012, 11:54 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Chris, your problems sure make mine not enough to even think about. Thanks for putting things in perspective.

Brian
Brian: I don't know what pain is to other people only my own!
Ive always had a high pain threshold. I feel sorry for people that don't. My problems have become normal to me LOL! If God was here now and said he could take all my pain away or give me back the hair I used to have on my head. Id tell him "I WANT HAIR" LOL

Chris
Old 09-21-2012, 12:09 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

today I worked on a 69 Goat. Primarily fitting up a lower valiance, filling pinholes, prepping everything around the mud with a softpad da and 180, and setting back the front bumper for paint. I also worked on being a father by singing lullabies to my daughter, taking her for a walk, and reading to her. Then ended the day by working on my jumpshot and played a pick up game of basketball.

Today the boss asked me how we can turn out jobs faster when they don't pay 20k for it, so I told him he needs to charge more upfront for endura bumper repairs and fitment. I told him the first day the car came and he had months to address the condition of the bumper with the customer before it was even touched but he failed to do so. The job was nearly done but the one thing holding it back was the bumper that I already warned him about ahead of time. Some people just don't get it and just want someone to blame for their own stupidity. Let's see... expect great work yet don't have the slightest clue how to charge for it....hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm.... blame the worker!

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.