The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 124 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,147 Posts
You know Pugsy that is one of the reasons I had to get out of the shop and go into the office a few years ago my right arm was really showing it's age after 30 years of swinging a hammer. When I did a door skin, holy cow I could barely move my arm for a while afterwards.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
WHOOOO HOOOO, double WHOOOO HOOOO!

I got the top pump all in and buttoned up, the rear seat in, I couldn't wait to do anything else, I HAD to fire it up and take it for a drive!

I haven't driven it in 10-12 years and I have to tell you a flood of memories came back to me. Driving it around SF and over the GoldenGate when my oldest kids were just little, my first dates with my wife, it was a blast!
First moving under it's own power.
First time getting gas (last time it was about $1.50 a gallon)
First time with top down photo out at the parking lot of my High School! Where right now I am headed for a 40th birthday of the school celebration (I was there the second year).
Did I say WHOOOOO HOOOOO!

Brian
Congratulations awesome car!
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdog7373 For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 11:32 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
You know Pugsy that is one of the reasons I had to get out of the shop and go into the office a few years ago my right arm was really showing it's age after 30 years of swinging a hammer. When I did a door skin, holy cow I could barely move my arm for a while afterwards.

Brian
Ya, I'm getting up there and work in the office now too.

I cheated and brought out the air planisher. It stretched the material in no time.

Passenger side headlight plate now tacked in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4261 (Medium).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	68406  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:15 PM

Last photo:

Gosh damn that thing is looking good! Amazing work, I dig it so much. Creating something that didn't exist the day before, how cool is that!

Brian
Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373 View Post
Congratulations awesome car!
Thanks so much, the car means a lot to me but way more to my kids.

Funny story, I may have told this before so bare with this old man. But when I was first dating my wife we were in Half Moon bay at the beach and as I left and pulled out onto Hwy 1 I nailed it to get up into traffic and it went sideways a little. She hadn't ever been around hot rods or anything like it and her hands went out to the door and dash and said "Don't do that". I said I'm sorry and we went on with the day. While out at dinner I said to her "Just so you know when the car went sideways back there I was in complete control, I have been driving hot rods and studied it even, that was nothing to be worried about but I won't do it while you are in the car ever again".
She was fine with this and it wasn't long after before she would be sitting in the passenger seat with my two kids in the back seat, top down spinning donuts with their hands in the air squealing like they were on a roller coaster.

Brian
Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:

Quote:
Thanks so much, the car means a lot to me but way more to my kids.

Funny story, I may have told this before so bare with this old man. But when I was first dating my wife we were in Half Moon bay at the beach and as I left and pulled out onto Hwy 1 I nailed it to get up into traffic and it went sideways a little. She hadn't ever been around hot rods or anything like it and her hands went out to the door and dash and said "Don't do that". I said I'm sorry and we went on with the day. While out at dinner I said to her "Just so you know when the car went sideways back there I was in complete control, I have been driving hot rods and studied it even, that was nothing to be worried about but I won't do it while you are in the car ever again".
She was fine with this and it wasn't long after before she would be sitting in the passenger seat with my two kids in the back seat, top down spinning donuts with their hands in the air squealing like they were on a roller coaster.

Brian
Ah! Youth, I miss it LOL!! My wife didnt grab anything she just punched me in the shoulder a few times!! LOL

Its a realy nice car Brian: Chris
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Ah! Youth, I miss it LOL!! My wife didnt grab anything she just punched me in the shoulder a few times!! LOL

Its a realy nice car Brian: Chris
Yea. I get punched in the ribs occasionally when we are on the bike still.

Pugs, Do you have pictures showing the transition of the work you are doing to the Chrysler body. I am having trouble visualizing the whole car. I love what you are doing.

John L
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM

Last photo:

Here's a before and a couple of after pics. This was some time ago but gives the basic idea of where its going.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04356 (Small).JPG
Views:	40
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	68414   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1152 (Medium).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	68415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1154 (Medium).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	68416  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:

Went and checked out a 77 Camaro today, Its all in primer, has a new L88 fiberglass hood on it with hinges and latch, new fenders installed but no inner fenders with wheel well headers, new quarters installed but not finished out, 3" x 15 ansen sprints on the front and 10" x 15on the rear new Micky Thompsons on the rear, fronts (nothing special), new dash pad,slapper bars, interior is diamond pleted crushed velvet looks good just a small cut on the corner of the back seat, console is nice but I never saw one like it, blue print on the 327" 2 bolt main engine is" bored over .125" pistons are forged 14 to 1 Jahns Fly cut .085" steal crank, pink flooting pin rods rods, girdled mains, fully balanced assembly, Hastings racing file fit cast rings, heads are different then the print states, 5.13 to 1 posi and gears 12 bolt. I offered 1400 dollars and he took a deposit and will except payments. I was really suprised!!! My jaw was on the ground I tried to hold it in and keep from giving away my surprise! I asked what trans was in it and he said a 200 out of an 80s Buick I told him I didn't want it and he asked if he could have it if he knocked another 100 off and I agreed. I looked at the frame before signing the agreement and it was nice gusseted and connected in all the right spots! The bumpers are like new! and it has adjustable coil overs! put in a battery and it runs great the cam has been changed to a 292 h Comp the old cam was a custom solid lifter 312 duration 680 lift ground by General Connetics.

The wife and I were smiling all the way home, The guy is a great person to know, hes an auto shop teacher, and is into antique snow mobiles! He also has a T-bucket rod, a 55 Chevy, 3 other Camaros, a 58 chevy pick up hes working on for his wife, and acres of parts we talk for hours! So I had a great day and have another project and met a new friend! So now I have 3 going at once. The 77 vette, the 79 Z 28, and now the 77!!! LOL I wish it was TV Where their done in a week LOL it takes me a week to loosen and remove frozen bolts and broken bolts!!!!!!

Jester
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
John long (10-16-2012)
Old 10-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Last photo:

Congrats on the new project.
Sound like you made out OK.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM

Last photo:

Well i put some time into the car got home @ 7:45 today got the old heads off and covered the engine and im closing the shop until tomorrow night where i will a few issues anf when i get the heads back i should i have the bews cam and lifters in place and im readt to go
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 PM

Last photo:

Sounds cool Jester!

Get a little bit done every day Monster, in no time there it is and your driving it!

Brian
Old 10-15-2012, 11:02 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Went out to spend my 15 min. on the gasser, which turned into a couple hours. The electric fuel pump had a small leak from the end plate so I removed it to see what was up. The seal looks like a flat rubber seaal with an O ring built into it, and it doesn't seal well.
I got out the rubberized gasket material and clamped it to the end plate, then cut it to match and drilled the holes. After that I put some ultra black RTV on the gasket and seal, and bolted it back on. Seems to be holding now, and stopped the leak.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 PM

Last photo:

Speaking of fuel leaks I am smelling one as I drive the Rambler but can't find a damn thing! I open the hood while the motor is running and rev it, I see nothing, I leave it, I see nothing, I have looked all over the pump, carb, I see nothing.

Brian
Old 10-15-2012, 11:33 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Speaking of fuel leaks I am smelling one as I drive the Rambler but can't find a damn thing! I open the hood while the motor is running and rev it, I see nothing, I leave it, I see nothing, I have looked all over the pump, carb, I see nothing.

Brian
That was what I had going on the gasser! It smelled of fuel whenever I parked it in the garage, but I couldn't find a leak. It took a month for the leak to get bad enough to make a spot on the concrete about the size of a .50 cent piece.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.