The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 128 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I hadn't planned on giving it to him to drive but it hit me that I could, I love the kid and he may not be "car guy" but he sure wanted to drive the old Rambler, so there's still hope. I am hoping when I get into the truck out in the garage he will come around with all the welding and creating.

Brian
He might not be a "car guy" but it seems he likes to drive. Hey maybe teach him how to drift! Its getting pretty big in America now And there's big money as a driver.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Here's a video i thought was just way cool. This guy is a great driver! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus
Old 10-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,011 Posts
Thanks! I can't wait to show that to him, we have been down many of those streets! What an amazing display of skill, really an interesting film, thanks so much.

Brian
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:
Thanks! I can't wait to show that to him, we have been down many of those streets! What an amazing display of skill, really an interesting film, thanks so much.

Brian
No problem. He's done a few more of the 'gymkhana' videos at different locations too.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM

Last wiki edit: How to make a custom dashboard
Last journal entry: Interior Tin
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Beautiful Florida weekend. Got back to work on the hot rod - been a while. Finished the rear fenders and fit the tires, then posted a few pictures in the journal. May have it rolling by Christmas. Also got the truck ready to go to the Mopar show at the Don Garlits museum next weekend. Amazing what can be done when the weather is nice.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmopar0521 View Post
Beautiful Florida weekend. Got back to work on the hot rod - been a while. Finished the rear fenders and fit the tires, then posted a few pictures in the journal. May have it rolling by Christmas. Also got the truck ready to go to the Mopar show at the Don Garlits museum next weekend. Amazing what can be done when the weather is nice.
I used to live about a half mile from Don on hwy 484...hes been at my shop a couple times looking for votes when he was running for congressman or something..I almost sheet myself the first time I met him...I used to build model cars as a kid and built most of Dons cars.never thought I'd ever meet a true american legend...much less live down the road from one...
Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,011 Posts
That is so friggin cool DBM, so friggin cool.

Brian
Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Last photo:

I lived just up the road from him a few years back. He had a blue Dakota R/T, mine was red. Ran into him a few times in the tool department at the Sears store in the Paddock Mall. Just a regular guy, nice and approachable. Incredible for a true legend who actually DID it all. I first "met" him at the Summernationals in Englishtown when I was a kid. He seemed to have time for everyone, and he was the one tuning the car and winning the races.
Nice thing about his show is he gets out and meets everyone there. My favorite show of the year.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:42 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Got the rod out of the garage and the pickup is in. Teardown started for the fuel injector problem. Verified valves were still opening and closing, also spark was going to the cylinder. This is the second injector I had go in 1-1/2 years.

Also pulling the cam to do a hydro roller swap to get more vacuum and a smoother idle. The TPI ECM doesn't like the cam I have now.

I can get a new rad installed while I'm at it as it was leaking until recently when I used Bars Leaks.

Aftermarket parts are great aren't they. Six year old rad, only summer driven. 1-1/2 year old injector......

Back at it tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Last photo:

Dad forgot to fasten hood on his Camaro after a little resin glass some filler and sanding good as new, tomorrow ill throw some epoxy and flat black and hopefully he remembers to secure the hood next time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-03_15-06-22_53.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	68948  
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Friday night I cut the exhaust on my caddy. Saturday I bought some pipe, a turndown, and a thrush glasspack to do a quick and dirty exhaust system.

I got the caddy sort of running. Put in that gas tank a while back. And just this past week I put in a new neutral safety switch. But it is smoking really bad. So my next goal is to get the brakes and exhaust done so I can pull it out of the basement. Also got to work on the throttle and idle speed too. So I should be able to have it drivable soon, at least down the driveway.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Last photo:

What a weekend - the Mopar show in Ocala was Saturday, and I almost didn't make it. After fixing a water leak that mysteriously appeared Tuesday night, the voltage regulator went Friday afternoon. A quick ride to the local parts store and I was ready for Saturday. Got to the show early, but unfortunately Don wasn't feeling well and didn't make it out - first time in a long time, and I was only going to be there one day. Not much at the swap meet, but some beautiful Mopars on display, including 4 original Sox and Martin cars - 65, 68 and 72, along with on of the Herb McCandless cars - Herb was there with them, it was great to talk to a racer I remember from when I was a kid. Coming home, had a collector gasket blow out, so fixed that this morning. But the truck ran great for the 200 mile trip.
Three weeks to the Turkey Rod Run, and the truck is ready to go - can work on the hot rod for the next few week.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Got the engine stripped down and new parts ordered.

I ordered a custom roller cam.
Hopefully I got it right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4267 (Medium).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	68974  
Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 AM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:

swap meet

Went to Thompson speedway in Ct for the weekend to one of the largest swap/ junk meets in New England, 2000 vendors. I spent more eating at the show and after than buying any parts. Lots of fun just walking around for two days. Weather was sunny in the 50's so far better than last weeks hurricane. sc
Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Quote:

Brian
Same guy. In-car fire, keeps racing!

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.