Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#25,802 ·
I would think you are right IF there was a verticle place to curt it. Sectioning that hood is going to be just about as easy as sectioning a pyramid. :mwink:

John
Heck, with enough bondo I could make a giant Rubics cube out of one of those pyramids!

Brian

#25,803 ·
Cut off me a new Wallhanger today.i will keep one for a reminder .:rolleyes:
You REALLY can make some cool art out of stuff like that. Weld the left and the right one together with tail lights going left and right and finish it all painting it just like that car and hang it up on the wall.

Brian

Reactions: 496CHEVY3100
#25,806 ·
Between the forum having issues and my computer not working well anymore, I can't get Pokey to appear...:(

I was busy for a couple months, modifying the '38 for the TN trip, and now that it's over, am transitioning back to other projects. Nothing to show for any car related progress right now. I did empty the stock tank rust dissolving solution back into a 55 gallon barrel to reclaim some valuable floor space yesterday. I've had the camper in the cold storage side of the shop since we got home last week because the cover for the bathroom vent blew apart somewhere between central Iowa and here. Got the new vent Saturday and installed it yesterday so the trailer can go back outside. Then I can move the '38 to that side of the building and MAYBE get back to sanding all the unnecessary bondo off the Chevelle.
Hey thanks for the brief updates anyhow. Sounds like just the TMP life, and no terrible stuff so...:thumbup:

#25,807 ·
Between the forum having issues and my computer not working well anymore, I can't get Pokey to appear...:(

I was busy for a couple months, modifying the '38 for the TN trip, and now that it's over, am transitioning back to other projects. Nothing to show for any car related progress right now. I did empty the stock tank rust dissolving solution back into a 55 gallon barrel to reclaim some valuable floor space yesterday. I've had the camper in the cold storage side of the shop since we got home last week because the cover for the bathroom vent blew apart somewhere between central Iowa and here. Got the new vent Saturday and installed it yesterday so the trailer can go back outside. Then I can move the '38 to that side of the building and MAYBE get back to sanding all the unnecessary bondo off the Chevelle.

Pokey shows up when I look at this on my phone, but not on the computer...

Hmmm... should be 3 pokey's

#25,808 ·
I sure got some good news today, I basically have a job waiting for me in Boise. I don't want to go into right now but basically in auto body proper repair procedure training. Very interesting, I love this!

Brian

#25,809 ·
I sure got some good news today, I basically have a job waiting for me in Boise. I don't want to go into right now but basically in auto body proper repair procedure training. Very interesting, I love this!

Brian

I really think I may have to start being a better person. Good things do come to good people.

Congrats.

#25,810 ·

Brian
That really sounds interesting. It also sounds like something you are perfectly qualified for.

Would this speed up your move to Boise or will it be waiting when the time comes.

John

#25,812 ·
There is actually another very interesting part that I don't want to say out loud right now. Pugsy, like you knowing a lot of stuff, and when you are willing to do new things and learn, it's easy.

It's like I always tell the young guys at the shop, learn to do wheel alignments (we have an alignment rack there) and not only are you more valuable here, but that opens the door at 100k shops in America with a job for you that you didn't have before you learned it!

Brian

Reactions: 123pugsy
#25,813 ·
I think your a good person Pugsy. :D

The Bible says all good things come from the Lord. We just need to be sure we are looking in the right place for the good things we need. :thumbup:

John:)
I have always said, there is a fine line between a "blessing" coming your way, and being blessed to be able to see that blessing!

Brian

#25,814 ·
Hey I gots a problem here? Where are the posts going?????

I posted here about finishing my painting and my troubles with the HF paint gun. I remember IDJ answering and agreeing. So I go look for this post and it is like magic Gone! No notice to warning just gone. I tried to search for my post and was getting database failure.

Anybody have any ideas what is going wrong? I am a bit POed about it. Just like all the other problems here that have not been worked on yet here is a new one. :nono::pain::smash:

#25,815 ·

I posted here about finishing my painting and my troubles with the HF paint gun. I remember IDJ answering and agreeing. So I go look for this post and it is like magic Gone! No notice to warning just gone. I tried to search for my post and was getting database failure.

Anybody have any ideas what is going wrong? I am a bit POed about it. Just like all the other problems here that have not been worked on yet here is a new one. :nono::pain::smash:
OK I just solved the momentary mystery. I had thought I posted here but it was another room. Sorry folks.:cool::cool:

#25,816 ·
More progress on the 'Velle this evening. The filler panel is where it needs to be. One very thin sheet metal shim under the forward bolt in the deck lid got it where it needs to be. I got the botched corner cut out, and part of the patch trimmed out. Templates will be made tomorrow, and transferred to steel. Feels good to make some progress...

#25,817 ·

LOL, Your post did not go away Rip. You accidently posted it on my Pray Out Card Thread. No big deal but it is funny you never realized it. :thumbup:

John

#25,818 ·

Brian
Let me guess... you found out that they will let you wear a lab coat and bifocals, didn't they? :D Sounds interesting. I won't pry if you feed us a foot recovery tidbit.:)

#25,820 ·
Check out my Red Neck Porta Power! I was able to gently pick up this low spot without beating on it other than gently using the slapper on the bare high spot. It was the high spot that clued me in there was a slight issue.

I am pleased it was such an easy fix.

John

It needs one log and a shovel involved to be truly effective! LOL

Sometimes it's whatever works. You nailed it!:thumbup: