Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#2,641 ·
Doors are curing so I kicked around to a couple of buddies houses today. First is the fellow who I extended the fender for.

See Brian, Told ya so. Told ya so.....

I also went to my friend Steve Minnick's who is rebuilding the '47 Ford I built back in the 70’s. I am tickled to death they have decided to paint it back the same color it has been for the past 40 years. This is the first car I ever took off the frame. I was 27 when I built it. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for "Old Yeller". It is just so cool that the car has survived all these years and lives about 3 miles from me. By the way. I gave $90 for her in 1972.

Not only a fun day but the beer was free.

John L

#2,643 ·
Very good Lady ,you are Lucky and know it ,so am I ,lol, Got my frame painted today POR15 ,little more gloss than i wanted ,but it will be ok ,I brushed it like the instructions said .turned out good, Insttuctions should have said wear better gloves it melted mine ,now my hands look like the frame, I tried carb cleaner ,brake cleaner Go-Jo ,oh well i guess it will wear off in a month or two,LOL, couple of photos.:D:D

Attachments

#2,644 ·
Very good Lady ,you are Lucky and know it ,so am I ,lol, Got my frame painted today POR15 ,little more gloss than i wanted ,but it will be ok ,I brushed it like the instructions said .turned out good, Insttuctions should have said wear better gloves it melted mine ,now my hands look like the frame, I tried carb cleaner ,brake cleaner Go-Jo ,oh well i guess it will wear off in a month or two,LOL, couple of photos.:D:D
It really looks good. I know you are excited. The good news is your hands won't rust.

John L

#2,645 ·
Looking good but you gotta keep the POR off of the cab. :D

#2,647 ·
It was masked off so i didnt get any on cab ,did drip some in floor off of the brush ,wasnt enough let to get on anything its all on me,,my hands That paint dont come off. good one John.:thumbup::thumbup:

Are you sure????.........

Attachments

#2,656 ·
A day or so ago I glued the two pieces of chair together for the transfer seat I am making for my friend. Today I ground it down and using this glue I filled the seam all up in the chair and will grind it flat tomorrow.

I assembled the idler arm for the Rambler.

Brian

#2,658 ·
Great lookin 1 ton would look good with a WW steel flat bed or with original Im partial to a aluminum or steel 8 ft bed on a dual wheel,are you going to run a 304 /345 or original.:thumbup:
I am actually thinking on a diesel or a 345 for the R130, and hot rodding the '160. My thinking is the '130 is going to be a daily driver, and the '160 will be a play-toy

#2,659 ·
A day or so ago I glued the two pieces of chair together for the transfer seat I am making for my friend. Today I ground it down and using this glue I filled the seam all up in the chair and will grind it flat tomorrow.

I assembled the idler arm for the Rambler.

Brian
Brian, That looks like the seam adhesive my body shop buddy uses. Two tube caulking gun, mixes in the nozzle. Tough stuff and sandable to boot. :thumbup: