The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 135 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
I decided that I would go ahead and replace all the major brake parts on Gran Sport. I figure it's been parked for 12 years and if it's anything like the Rambler was, it's funky so I am going to go ahead the hydraulic parts. Today I picked up a master, ordered my proportioning valve and pulled a rear wheel off to make sure I was getting the right wheel cylinders. I'm going to go ahead and do the calipers too but they didn't have any so I put them on order.

After that, I repaired a drawer in my grand daughters kitchenette that I am restoring for her for Christmas.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
I took my leaky stock trsans pan off and put a cast aluminum pan on the gasser. Much better, and two more quarts of fluid too!
Gotta love the cast pans. Its nice to be able to really tighten the bolts instead of having to leave them "loose" as with the sheet metal pans.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Blown 502

Last photo:

I'm in the process of swapping out my Air Cleaner for a Vintage Mr. Roadster Polished Dual Scoop. Seems like a easy task but it's not since any Hilborn Style Scoop I've bought and tried will not work with my hood cut out. It appears all the double carb Scoops out there are 20" or 20-1/2" long and that's a tad to long, (it would mean cutting the front and back of my hood, NOT)

Well my persistence paid off and I FINALLY tracked down a vintage Mr Roadster Polished Dual Scoop from the 60's that was never installed (nor was the Scoop or Carb Adt's ever Drilled and Tapped). The condition is not up to my standards for putting it on my Sierra but it's the only thing out there 18-1/2" long and I guess it doesn't look to bad considering it's 50 years old

So far I drilled it, tapped it, and test fitted it and it is going to work
As soon as my new Air Cleaners and 1" Polished Spacers arrive (to raise it a hair) it'll go on for good

Before Picture

Where I'm at as of last night...

Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetRob View Post
I'm in the process of swapping out my Air Cleaner for a Vintage Mr. Roadster Polished Dual Scoop.

I have always loved that look, good choice in my opinion.

Brian
Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,093 Posts
Beautiful truck. Watch out for the wet roads.

John L
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:

turkey

Hope everyone had a good turkey day and stayed out of the garage. I went to my daughters in NC and cooked turkey and enjoyed the 60 deg weather. sc
Old 11-28-2012, 05:55 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I imagine it was hard to go back to Maine after being down here a while...
I used to live in Kitery,we spent many summers at york beach and salsbury beach after moving to NY
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:

Its always good to get home but it was 19degs this morning and spitting snow. time to put the plow on this weekend. My son lives in Sonoma, that's my next stop in this life. sc
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM

Last journal entry: Getting it together.
Last photo:

The only thing I accomplished today is got a tire mounted on one of my R130 rims. I just don't seem to have the motivation to do much
Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Bought a new 1/2 inch wrench today, it was good and long. Not working on my car really much till my bronchitis clears up. Did come up with a garage reorganization/cleaning plan. Got a cool idea for a safety rack where I place my safety gear so it is all in one place. Also have a plan for a shop press and I may put it together this weekend. But mostly I am just planning and reading. Don't want to do the cutting or welding with my lungs still being a little weak. And maybe by the weekend my new helmet will be here.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 PM

Last photo:

I worked on my granddaughters Christmas present, no car stuff for me.

Brian
Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 AM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Bought a rack to make a place to stow my safety gear for the garage. I will need to modify it a little, but it will be easier than the project I was going to do. I was going to cut up some old mower handles to make a rack to hold my new(not purchased yet) fire extinguisher, first aid kit, safety goggles, etc. I call it a safety rack. The old vhs display rack was only 10 dollars at the pawn shop that I am getting the compressor at.

Also paid on my compressor layaway. Bought some welding "vice grips" on clearance at tractor supply. Also got a couple of cutting discs for my 4 and a half inch angle grinder. Going to get to work on building my new shop press tomorrow. I looked at jacks at tractor supply. Still not sure which way I want to go. Either local or go up to harbor freight. And not sure what tonnage. I have a 4 ton jack, but want at least 6 tons. Trying to decide if I want to go to 20 tons or just say 6 to 12 tons. For what I need I don't know if I need to go hog wild. Mainly just want to push some bearings out right now.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

It was warm and dry, so I decided to do my welding project outside. Had to replace the diff. cover gasket, and while it was off I figured why not spruce it up too?
Bent up some flat bar I had and welded it to the cover.

Then after a little grinding and some paint it dresses up the rear a bit!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

I checked out one of my halogen headlights. It lights up real good.

Bob Drake sockets, bulbs and reflectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416 (Medium).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	69528   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0415 (Medium).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	69529  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Bought a rack to make a place to stow my safety gear for the garage. I will need to modify it a little, but it will be easier than the project I was going to do. I was going to cut up some old mower handles to make a rack to hold my new(not purchased yet) fire extinguisher, first aid kit, safety goggles, etc. I call it a safety rack. The old vhs display rack was only 10 dollars at the pawn shop that I am getting the compressor at.

Also paid on my compressor layaway. Bought some welding "vice grips" on clearance at tractor supply. Also got a couple of cutting discs for my 4 and a half inch angle grinder. Going to get to work on building my new shop press tomorrow. I looked at jacks at tractor supply. Still not sure which way I want to go. Either local or go up to harbor freight. And not sure what tonnage. I have a 4 ton jack, but want at least 6 tons. Trying to decide if I want to go to 20 tons or just say 6 to 12 tons. For what I need I don't know if I need to go hog wild. Mainly just want to push some bearings out right now.
I bought a couple of their 20 ton jacks a few years ago they have an air pump thats real handy I think they were around 50.00 ,you'll never want to use another hand pump jack again.while your at it figure on making it a press brake for bending brackets out of thick steel...

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« 370 mph crash | - »