The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 140 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

today was lights...not X-mas lights. I knew my NFL viewing would get cut off short cause I had to get brake lights for my Jetta, headlights for the wife's Honda, and then install 3 Ballasts. All the while salavating over the fact my man KAEPERNICK has something to prove against the Patriots who are ranked #1. I was finished at about 5 minutes before my 49ers game. WE DESTROYED THEM!!! NOW WE'RE THE SUPERBOWL FAVORITES....wait a minute...no, let's be under the radar. BUT nah, I've been saying all along this kid has got somehing and he opened it up like Alex Smith could NEVER do. We are in good hands and although it aint important it is to my family. WE ARE FOOTBALL NUTS! I USED TO PREACH ALL DAY ABOUT SMITH TIL KAEP PROVED HIMSELF AND WHEN PEOPLE WERE QUESTIONING i was amazed at his poise and backed Harbaugh, now all the sellouts will too... soon as my baby girl put on the jersey Walker scored and we never looked back. WE ARE #1!!!! Soon as The Giants won I knew The 49ers would step to it.

Sorry for the jockness. I used to play football and was introduced by Edwin Mulatallo(SP?), a linemen and Champion with The Ravens. Went to elementary school with him and he wanted me to go play HS with him. He told the couch at a tryout to let me run a kick off back and I took it for a td, but never listened about blocks and what not-lol. Look him up. DALY CITY BABY! They couldn't catch me. Martin, WHERE YOU AT!!! 415!!!!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 06:33 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
today was lights...not X-mas lights. I knew my NFL viewing would get cut off short cause I had to get brake lights for my Jetta, headlights for the wife's Honda, and then install 3 Ballasts. All the while salavating over the fact my man KAEPERNICK has something to prove against the Patriots who are ranked #1. I was finished at about 5 minutes before my 49ers game. WE DESTROYED THEM!!! NOW WE'RE THE SUPERBOWL FAVORITES....wait a minute...no, let's be under the radar. BUT nah, I've been saying all along this kid has got somehing and he opened it up like Alex Smith could NEVER do. We are in good hands and although it aint important it is to my family. WE ARE FOOTBALL NUTS! I USED TO PREACH ALL DAY ABOUT SMITH TIL KAEP PROVED HIMSELF AND WHEN PEOPLE WERE QUESTIONING i was amazed at his poise and backed Harbaugh, now all the sellouts will too... soon as my baby girl put on the jersey Walker scored and we never looked back. WE ARE #1!!!! Soon as The Giants won I knew The 49ers would step to it.

Sorry for the jockness. I used to play football and was introduced by Edwin Mulatallo(SP?), a linemen and Champion with The Ravens. Went to elementary school with him and he wanted me to go play HS with him. He told the couch at a tryout to let me run a kick off back and I took it for a td, but never listened about blocks and what not-lol. Look him up. DALY CITY BABY! They couldn't catch me. Martin, WHERE YOU AT!!! 415!!!!!!
the sober me looks up and says shut up ya drunk!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM

what did u work on today

Hi guys,, still working on the 62 327 build. Prepping the oil pan pump and pickup for install.. I am not sure about the oil filter adapter. If i put on a newer say 70s adapter there is no place for the rubber seal on filter to seat.Block did not have adapter when bought... I realize these engs came with canisters...Right now i have a smaller adapter, and another adapter on top that has larger area for filter to seat,, My question is ,do i need both of these adapters in place to get the oil to filter.. wish i had a pic..thanks Jim
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
the sober me looks up and says shut up ya drunk!
LOL. You have reason to celebrate. I just posted on Brian's thread my brother in Boston hates you both though.

John L
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
tech69 (12-17-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327 / 350 hp View Post
Hi guys,, still working on the 62 327 build. Prepping the oil pan pump and pickup for install.. I am not sure about the oil filter adapter. If i put on a newer say 70s adapter there is no place for the rubber seal on filter to seat.Block did not have adapter when bought... I realize these engs came with canisters...Right now i have a smaller adapter, and another adapter on top that has larger area for filter to seat,, My question is ,do i need both of these adapters in place to get the oil to filter.. wish i had a pic..thanks Jim
Do you have the adaptor kit?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/D...?Ns=Rank%7CAsc
Old 12-17-2012, 08:59 AM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:

weekend

rebuilt a 600cfm Edelbrock today. Nothing like my Holley inside, only paid $75 for it. The rebuild kit didn't come with any instructions on how to set the floats although it did come with a little gauge of some kind that I assume is for setting the floats. Then after fixing the lights on my plow truck which I needed this morning, I watched the next superbowl champs find a way to lose a game in typical New
England weather. Go Pats
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Got bored yesterday, so I tore the tattered old factory donor boot on my gasser and used it as a pattern to hand stitch a new black one to match the interior better.

Before:

After:
Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 PM

Last photo:

Got my chute handle built today, and installed. Hope to get the cable routed and installed tomorrow! Drilled some holes in it to dress it up a bit.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

You are doing good work on gasser I love those cars ,i lost one last year by i day ,is your 427 tall deck or standard ,is chute required or like me , just like the looks i looked on your car for Moon gas pedal (footprint) and front tank LOL i guess they are outdated but i still run them Keep up good work
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
You are doing good work on gasser I love those cars ,i lost one last year by i day ,is your 427 tall deck or standard ,is chute required or like me , just like the looks i looked on your car for Moon gas pedal (footprint) and front tank LOL i guess they are outdated but i still run them Keep up good work
The 427 is in my '71 Camaro. My Austin gasser is a .040" over 327ci. The car isn't fast enough to need a chute to stop. I just had it and figured why not add to the nostalgia look. Just now getting round to making it functional, although I'll never open it.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM

Last photo:

Nice work on a very nice car. Gassers rock.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Last photo:

Thanks Mud Man.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 PM

Last photo:

Gassers are just special, their own place. Always wanted to build a gasser or a Ratrod, have had many hotrods and muscle cars and all kinds of trucks, but seeing a gasser on the street, man just a jaw dropper, cool. Like the chute idea. I am currently building a 67 Acadian sleeper and just found a set of original Torque thrust D's with the black center in 14" from the late 60"s. will be a nice addition, the only bling. Hard to hide your car.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 PM

Last photo:

I've had a love affair with gassers since I built my '57 Chevy gasser in 1968. That was followed by two more '57's and finally a '55 gasser before I bought my '71 Camaro in 1973. Now I'm getting ready to sell the '71 Camaro, as I've driven just 3 times in two years since I built the gasser.
I'm hoping the sale of the'71 Camaro will fund my 2nd gasser project! I'll miss the Camaro, but only because I've owned it 40 yrs.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
LOL. You have reason to celebrate. I just posted on Brian's thread my brother in Boston hates you both though.

John L

na, we in beentown know why coach gave a loss, he doesn't want a bye week..
san fran. didn't beat anyone.. brady and coach don't want a bye , as every time they get one, it hurts them..

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.