The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 144 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 02:31 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR PANELS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
That's amazing you do that by hand. I'm picturing templates and a lot of measuring. When I got my house I KNEW the house my wife wanted wasn't for me cause I wanted the ones with a nice barn away from the house so I could do what I wanted in it, and I see it as a thorn in my backside, but I'll find a way. I'll check that site. Thanks!
You're less than 3 hours from the Santa Cruz Meet. Last year had some excellent shapers there and it was only 50 bucks. Its only two days and well worth the drive.

Santa Cruz New Date June 9&10 - Metal Meet Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Well Today was a success,went in and got the other 1/4 stripped and the deck,and the luck ran out I noticed the rocker has a 3/4"bow in it from a wreak,which might not be so bad if they changed the door like I suspect,the door might not have much filler in it .but I'll be going back to the Pull apart yard for that rocker and replacing it..tomorrow I just have to tape it off and epoxy prime it so I can put it outside and get back to work.on everyone elses cars
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 PM

Last photo:

Ha, I must of threw the hex on ya.

I almost got the front clip ready for primer. Hopefully hit it tomorrow afternoon.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Thanks alot Brian.

I was hoping that the front end would look good to others as well as me. I don't buy into that line of bull that "its what you like that matters", lol.

Yeah I have always loved that line, What looks "good", well yes there are different opinions, what looks "RIGHT" now that is different. It flows, it fits, it is complete, that is MUCH different than "good".

I can't wait to see it all done.

Brian
Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post
Thanks when I get home tomorrow evening I will try that. I posted them in my profile album if anyone wants to go look at them there, but for some reason when I try to post them on this thread it tries for a while and the screen goes white..
Carolina,

All of my pictures that i post for my '34 Beast build are done via photobucket. After uploading the photos, I select the links on the right side of the image. I always select the bottom of link of all of the available choices. Once I highlight and select the bottom hyperlink in its entirety, I then paste it into my post here at hot rodders.com. It has always worked successfully for me.

Jay K.

P.S. Pugsy, that is Top Top Shelf work Man!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JGK95 For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (01-02-2013), carolinacustoms (12-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 10:28 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Thanks Dead.

tech69: Start with a shrinker and stretcher, a beater bag, and a stump and play with some scrap. You don't even need a wheel to make parts. Of coarse alot of hand planishing would be req'd.

Is Santa Cruz near you? If you go to Metalmeet.com, you'll find they hold a meet there. If you go to the meet, you'll be done.
cool. That will be the next thing I get. I might get the Eastwood pair or maybe Harbor freight and get better jaws when they wear out. Already have the sand bag, plastic mallets, shrinking disk, palm nailer with bits, and a little cheap brake but it's limited.I've done some small patch panels and just beat into shape over the old but nothing special. Thanks again!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Did some tool organizing and put that black foamy drawer liner stuff in my new toolbox. Got some cheap bags of sockets and put some of those up. One bag had some big 3/4 drive sockets from about 13/16 to a little over 1 inch. It also had a snap on 1 1/16 deep socket 1/2 inch drive and a new brittain same size socket. For 9 dollars. Also got a bag with 5 or 4 USA craftsman 1/2 inch drive sockets roughly an inch plus or minus for 5 dollars, it also had a bunch of other junk in there. I think that was the bag that had some Taiwan 1/2 impact sockets.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Last photo:

Ok gonna try the photobucket approach so bare with me a little if it takes a few post to get it right lol

here is the before that I posted the other day: I have NO idea why someone felt the need to undercoat everything under the hood including the firewall

And here is a couple of after pictures that I could not get to load:

Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 PM

Last photo:

Today we got the front metal back on minus the hood......its coming together nicely. Takes forever to get decent gaps on these "shoebox" cars. and Of course the headache of dealing with 56 year old self threading bolts that have been in an out who knows how many times.....

Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

when I first saw the first pic I was thinking, "WTF?". Then I realized that was the "before" pic and my eye balls were once again soothed with some beautiful pics of the aftermath. Nice work!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 AM

Last photo:

Looks good.

With your new found pic loading talent, I'm sure you could post a few more.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:24 PM

Last photo:

I got the front clip in epoxy. Tossed the lights in and dropped the two pieces of hood on top.

How would you like this bad boy in your rear view mirror? lol.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 PM

Last photo:

Thanks tech and pugsy, I will get some more when we get a little further along. I have to work my real job tomorrow, but I hope to get it finished up and delivered Thursday.

Pugsy that is some amazing fab work man. Absolutely amazing. You sir have a true talent. You building a car from scratch and it took me almost 2 hours to get the factory hood on the 56 today lol. Those things are a pain to get lined up and get decent gaps all around.
Keep up the great fab work and keep posting those pictures. I hope to someday have the extra cash and time to build something for myself instead of working on everyone else's cars, but I guess as long as I don't have time to do my own because I am doing others is a good thing.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post
Thanks tech and pugsy, I will get some more when we get a little further along. I have to work my real job tomorrow, but I hope to get it finished up and delivered Thursday.

Pugsy that is some amazing fab work man. Absolutely amazing. You sir have a true talent. You building a car from scratch and it took me almost 2 hours to get the factory hood on the 56 today lol. Those things are a pain to get lined up and get decent gaps all around.
Keep up the great fab work and keep posting those pictures. I hope to someday have the extra cash and time to build something for myself instead of working on everyone else's cars, but I guess as long as I don't have time to do my own because I am doing others is a good thing.
Thanks carolina. I didn't build the whole car, just a bit on the front.

Glad to hear you're busy. Just keep pumping out the paying jobs, add some employees as you go along and eventually you'll have the time available to work on your own stuff.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

[QUOTE=123pugsy;

Glad to hear you're busy. Just keep pumping out the paying jobs, add some employees as you go along and eventually you'll have the time available to work on your own stuff.[/QUOTE]
I hope that plan works out better than it did for my buddy. He hired two guys to do the bodywork in his shop. Now he stays busy doing the painting, estimates and ordering parts. His wife runs the business end, and he still hasn't had time to touch his '67 Camaro in over a year. Fresh engine still sitting on the engine stand and a r/h quarter still needs welded in, along with a new front clip that needs assembled. All the parts are there, needs assembly.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.