The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 158 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2356 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,279
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,425
Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
It's amazing how much you can get done in such a short time. One day a while ago I forget why, something I was talking about with my kids. Anyway I put a stop watch going and got up from my chair and went and got my shoes from the closet and put them on lacing them up ready to go, it something like only 30 seconds!

Fifteen minute oil changes here we come!

Brian

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2357 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 AM
123pugsy's Avatar
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 52
Posts: 2,401
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 468
Thanked 279 Times in 241 Posts
I finished hooking up a ceiling fan in the basement washroom. Oh, joy. Renovating so I can live in the basement later.

Will be working on the house for about the next two years. No hot rod until I knock down my bungalow and get a two story house built on the existing foundation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2358 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 AM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,279
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,425
Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Yeow, that sounds like me, I have a few house plans but nothing like that, holy cow.

Sometimes it sucks to be handy. I love being able to do it all but sometimes I look at the guys who don't have the skills (or are they faking it) and don't do anything like that, they sure do a lot of things I would like to be doing. But I guess we are choosing what we really like to do more? That is my story and I am sticking to it. Start a thread on that build would you, I would love to learn something about that subject.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2359 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
adantessr's Avatar
'23 T-Bucket Pickup
 
Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Charleston , WV
Age: 62
Posts: 1,549
Wiki Edits: 3

Thanks: 43
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yeow, that sounds like me, I have a few house plans but nothing like that, holy cow.

Sometimes it sucks to be handy. I love being able to do it all but sometimes I look at the guys who don't have the skills (or are they faking it) and don't do anything like that, they sure do a lot of things I would like to be doing. But I guess we are choosing what we really like to do more? That is my story and I am sticking to it. Start a thread on that build would you, I would love to learn something about that subject.

Brian
After building a 28 x 40 home from the block up at age 22 and remodeling 3 other homes I have owned and lived in, I would enjoy watching someone else' project as it progresses. My wife and I agree that we wouldn't be able to enjoy the things we do, if I wasn't able to do theh things I do. We wouln't have any money left. Pugsy, If you start a thread on the home rebuild. Stop back here a second and tell us what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2360 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM
1971BB427's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland
Posts: 1,884
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 320 Times in 280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
I finished hooking up a ceiling fan in the basement washroom. Oh, joy. Renovating so I can live in the basement later.

Will be working on the house for about the next two years. No hot rod until I knock down my bungalow and get a two story house built on the existing foundation.
I feel for you pugsy! I've been working on the bath for nearly two weeks, and when it's done I'm moving to the kitchen. Wife said I've put it off long enough! I promised I'd do the remodel when I retired two years ago!
Here's what I did today; marble shower:


My first attempt at any tile work, and she can't see the imperfections, so it's OK by her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2361 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
built inner fenders for a slammed 82 Chevy P/U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2362 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
John long's Avatar
Slow but willing learner
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Age: 69
Posts: 2,223
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,064
Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,147 Posts
Went out to eat with the monday night sonic bunch. 10 of is showed up and ate at the Western Sizzlin. It's an indoors time of year.

John L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2363 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,279
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,425
Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
I went out and installed my speaker, wha wha, darn cracking speaker wasn't the problem, it's the radio that's crackling. Hope I can fix it, don't plan on putting anything else in there just yet. Though I did run new speaker wire out to the back under the carpet in anticipation.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2364 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
put up or shut up
 

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Antelope, Ca
Posts: 2,121
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 603
Thanked 241 Times in 219 Posts
Doing the finishing touches on a Chrysler 300

stripped and wire wheeled drip rails and glass channels after taking out the glass and then worked on the roof a bit. Yeah I know, most of that should have been taken care of at the start but I thought I'd give a bonehead a duty of taking out the glass...simple enough, right. Wrong! The bonehead sat in the office and played while the boss was gone so I said enough and did it myself after most of the bodywork was done already. You don't really mind til you have masked off your mud work cause you know the boogers will fly once that wire wheel comes out. Man, some people are lazy...at least be lazy on your own time like me, not at work!!!

Then I got some good news...My wife passed her PHR test/certificate, My Colin Kaepernick jersey came in the mail, and a customer left me a bottle of Champagne for the trophy he got for our hard work....then I went home and played a joke like I bought the bottle for my wife in celebration of her passing the test-lol Great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2365 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,279
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,425
Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
Then I got some good news...My wife passed her PHR test/certificate, My Colin Kaepernick jersey came in the mail, and a customer left me a bottle of Champagne for the trophy he got for our hard work....then I went home and played a joke like I bought the bottle for my wife in celebration of her passing the test-lol Great day!
Now that IS a good day!

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2366 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
John long's Avatar
Slow but willing learner
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Age: 69
Posts: 2,223
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,064
Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I went out and installed my speaker, wha wha, darn cracking speaker wasn't the problem, it's the radio that's crackling. Hope I can fix it, don't plan on putting anything else in there just yet. Though I did run new speaker wire out to the back under the carpet in anticipation.

Brian
Bummer Brian,

I do have a friend here in Chattanooga who converts original AM radios to AM/FM. If you don't want to give up the original radio that might be the way to go.

John L
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2367 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM
John long's Avatar
Slow but willing learner
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Age: 69
Posts: 2,223
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,064
Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
Doing the finishing touches on a Chrysler 300

stripped and wire wheeled drip rails and glass channels after taking out the glass and then worked on the roof a bit. Yeah I know, most of that should have been taken care of at the start but I thought I'd give a bonehead a duty of taking out the glass...simple enough, right. Wrong! The bonehead sat in the office and played while the boss was gone so I said enough and did it myself after most of the bodywork was done already. You don't really mind til you have masked off your mud work cause you know the boogers will fly once that wire wheel comes out. Man, some people are lazy...at least be lazy on your own time like me, not at work!!!

Then I got some good news...My wife passed her PHR test/certificate, My Colin Kaepernick jersey came in the mail, and a customer left me a bottle of Champagne for the trophy he got for our hard work....then I went home and played a joke like I bought the bottle for my wife in celebration of her passing the test-lol Great day!
That is really good news Henry. You will enjoy being retired as much as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2368 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 13,279
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,425
Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Bummer Brian,

I do have a friend here in Chattanooga who converts original AM radios to AM/FM. If you don't want to give up the original radio that might be the way to go.

John L
That may be what I do, I just hate the extra radio hanging around but then I could put my fake gauge panel radio holder and wham.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2369 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
John long's Avatar
Slow but willing learner
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Age: 69
Posts: 2,223
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,064
Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
That may be what I do, I just hate the extra radio hanging around but then I could put my fake gauge panel radio holder and wham.

Brian
This fellow converts your OEM radio, solving those issues.

JL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2370 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
put up or shut up
 

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Antelope, Ca
Posts: 2,121
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 603
Thanked 241 Times in 219 Posts
too bad it wasn't a stang, they make stereos with even CD's and CD changer capabilities but they look just like a stock stereo. Then again, some people want it stock no matter what, not just looking stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (5 members and 3 guests)
dogwater, boothboy, docs57, AndreIt, Too Many Projects
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hahaha Remember that "Hemi in a Camaro" thread... Crazy Mopar Guy Hotrodding Basics 14 09-25-2014 01:32 PM
Another engine "tick" diagnosis thread....(long) ForceFed86 Engine 2 04-09-2011 03:54 PM
Increase thread title "preview" time cboy Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help 16 07-03-2008 08:45 PM
MuscleCarKid_1991 "Senior Project" thread: Dumped Jon Engine 2 03-22-2008 08:01 PM
"Trial fitting parts" thread vs. paint thickness rcurrier44 Body - Exterior 3 01-26-2005 05:24 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.