The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 158 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
It's amazing how much you can get done in such a short time. One day a while ago I forget why, something I was talking about with my kids. Anyway I put a stop watch going and got up from my chair and went and got my shoes from the closet and put them on lacing them up ready to go, it something like only 30 seconds!

Fifteen minute oil changes here we come!

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

I finished hooking up a ceiling fan in the basement washroom. Oh, joy. Renovating so I can live in the basement later.

Will be working on the house for about the next two years. No hot rod until I knock down my bungalow and get a two story house built on the existing foundation.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 AM

Last photo:

Yeow, that sounds like me, I have a few house plans but nothing like that, holy cow.

Sometimes it sucks to be handy. I love being able to do it all but sometimes I look at the guys who don't have the skills (or are they faking it) and don't do anything like that, they sure do a lot of things I would like to be doing. But I guess we are choosing what we really like to do more? That is my story and I am sticking to it. Start a thread on that build would you, I would love to learn something about that subject.

Brian
Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yeow, that sounds like me, I have a few house plans but nothing like that, holy cow.

Sometimes it sucks to be handy. I love being able to do it all but sometimes I look at the guys who don't have the skills (or are they faking it) and don't do anything like that, they sure do a lot of things I would like to be doing. But I guess we are choosing what we really like to do more? That is my story and I am sticking to it. Start a thread on that build would you, I would love to learn something about that subject.

Brian
After building a 28 x 40 home from the block up at age 22 and remodeling 3 other homes I have owned and lived in, I would enjoy watching someone else' project as it progresses. My wife and I agree that we wouldn't be able to enjoy the things we do, if I wasn't able to do theh things I do. We wouln't have any money left. Pugsy, If you start a thread on the home rebuild. Stop back here a second and tell us what it is.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
I finished hooking up a ceiling fan in the basement washroom. Oh, joy. Renovating so I can live in the basement later.

Will be working on the house for about the next two years. No hot rod until I knock down my bungalow and get a two story house built on the existing foundation.
I feel for you pugsy! I've been working on the bath for nearly two weeks, and when it's done I'm moving to the kitchen. Wife said I've put it off long enough! I promised I'd do the remodel when I retired two years ago!
Here's what I did today; marble shower:

My first attempt at any tile work, and she can't see the imperfections, so it's OK by her.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 PM

built inner fenders for a slammed 82 Chevy P/U
Old 01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,426 Times in 1,147 Posts
Went out to eat with the monday night sonic bunch. 10 of is showed up and ate at the Western Sizzlin. It's an indoors time of year.

John L.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM

Last photo:

I went out and installed my speaker, wha wha, darn cracking speaker wasn't the problem, it's the radio that's crackling. Hope I can fix it, don't plan on putting anything else in there just yet. Though I did run new speaker wire out to the back under the carpet in anticipation.

Brian
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Doing the finishing touches on a Chrysler 300

stripped and wire wheeled drip rails and glass channels after taking out the glass and then worked on the roof a bit. Yeah I know, most of that should have been taken care of at the start but I thought I'd give a bonehead a duty of taking out the glass...simple enough, right. Wrong! The bonehead sat in the office and played while the boss was gone so I said enough and did it myself after most of the bodywork was done already. You don't really mind til you have masked off your mud work cause you know the boogers will fly once that wire wheel comes out. Man, some people are lazy...at least be lazy on your own time like me, not at work!!!

Then I got some good news...My wife passed her PHR test/certificate, My Colin Kaepernick jersey came in the mail, and a customer left me a bottle of Champagne for the trophy he got for our hard work....then I went home and played a joke like I bought the bottle for my wife in celebration of her passing the test-lol Great day!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
Then I got some good news...My wife passed her PHR test/certificate, My Colin Kaepernick jersey came in the mail, and a customer left me a bottle of Champagne for the trophy he got for our hard work....then I went home and played a joke like I bought the bottle for my wife in celebration of her passing the test-lol Great day!
Now that IS a good day!

Brian
Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
I went out and installed my speaker, wha wha, darn cracking speaker wasn't the problem, it's the radio that's crackling. Hope I can fix it, don't plan on putting anything else in there just yet. Though I did run new speaker wire out to the back under the carpet in anticipation.

Brian
Bummer Brian,

I do have a friend here in Chattanooga who converts original AM radios to AM/FM. If you don't want to give up the original radio that might be the way to go.

John L
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
Doing the finishing touches on a Chrysler 300

stripped and wire wheeled drip rails and glass channels after taking out the glass and then worked on the roof a bit. Yeah I know, most of that should have been taken care of at the start but I thought I'd give a bonehead a duty of taking out the glass...simple enough, right. Wrong! The bonehead sat in the office and played while the boss was gone so I said enough and did it myself after most of the bodywork was done already. You don't really mind til you have masked off your mud work cause you know the boogers will fly once that wire wheel comes out. Man, some people are lazy...at least be lazy on your own time like me, not at work!!!

That is really good news Henry. You will enjoy being retired as much as I do.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Bummer Brian,

I do have a friend here in Chattanooga who converts original AM radios to AM/FM. If you don't want to give up the original radio that might be the way to go.

John L
That may be what I do, I just hate the extra radio hanging around but then I could put my fake gauge panel radio holder and wham.

Brian
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
That may be what I do, I just hate the extra radio hanging around but then I could put my fake gauge panel radio holder and wham.

Brian
This fellow converts your OEM radio, solving those issues.

JL
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

too bad it wasn't a stang, they make stereos with even CD's and CD changer capabilities but they look just like a stock stereo. Then again, some people want it stock no matter what, not just looking stock.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.