The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 160 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Got one before; it may be a long time before I have any "after" pics!
Drool

That is one car I wish I had kept, I had a 62 Ranchero, what a great little driver that would have been for me now.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

My best buy was at the Reno Hot August Night's swap meet a hundred years ago. I bought 50 foot roll of hydraulic hose that started out at $20 buck (a great deal) for 75 cents.
Talk about not wanting to drag stuff home!.
I'm still using it.

BB
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Drool

That is one car I wish I had kept, I had a 62 Ranchero, what a great little driver that would have been for me now.

Brian
Yeah I know what you mean. I restored a 63 Futura Convertable ( including replacing the top) 4 speed and sold it as a spec car. I shure wished I had that now. I think I paid about $275 for it.

BB
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. I restored a 63 Futura Convertable ( including replacing the top) 4 speed and sold it as a spec car. I shure wished I had that now. I think I paid about $275 for it.

BB
I sold my '62 Impala SS for $100.oo in '71 and my '67 Impala SS for $600.oo in '73 How I would like to have both of them now.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
My God John! $1.25 per cap for a 95 Mercury Villager? Are you out of your mind? If you bargained with him a little after a hour or so you might have got them for $1.125 Spend, spend, spend! Well I guess if your independently wealthy you can be a " Big Spender" all you want.

With much disgust and envy at being able to afford extravagances,
BB
These posts hit me hard reminding me of an old friend of mine. His wife was a super tightwad that never let this guy do anything, one of the nicest guys you could ever imagine. My brother was with him once when he picked up a bumper for his 48 Ford Coupe at a swap meet for $5. When my brother got him home his wife was pissed he had spent that five bucks. My friend would a few years later die of cancer. The shining part of the story is his wife saw things different when he got his death sentence and he bought the wheels he wanted for his 48 and had the bumpers chromed. He also did something he would have never done, went down to Bakersfield for the Vintage drag event. I took him to the SF Rod and Custom show just a month or so before he passed and honestly, I didn't realize that was his last car show, he was the first friend of mine to die and I just didn't "get it".

This amazing trip called life does have an end date guys, enjoy it!

Brian
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post

This amazing trip called life does have an end date guys, enjoy it!

Brian
Well said and every year you realize even more how short it is. Today is truly a gift. May we all live it in a way that pleases us and the good Lord.

JL
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Well said and every year you realize even more how short it is. Today is truly a gift. May we all live it in a way that pleases us and the good Lord.

JL
Every day John, every day! I am not a rich man, but I am making plans this year to go see the Giants play in Wrigley field. It' those types of things that we too often say "I wish I would have". I try and do every one of them. I have no plans on saying "I wish I would have" when I am too old to do it.

Will it change my life spending that money in a negative way, nope, it isn't going to change my life. Will going change it? Not really again, but all of those thing add up to a richer life. So I chose to do as many as I can.

Brian
Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Went to the Nashville swap meet. With a couple hundred venders you would think there would be more there.

My big find was 4 origional center caps for my '95 Mercury Villager. They were nice caps and the man wanted 5 dollars for all 4. It took me a few minutes to decide if I wanted to spend 5 dollars on a minivan with 264,000 miles on it. Being the big spender I am though, I did buy them.

John L
John i found one i can ride
Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
LOL I did look in my wallet to see if I had 3 one dollar bills to offer him but did not. I figure if I haggled and then had to ask him to break a 20 dollar bill He would throw them at me.

John
John ,i found one think its to big
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	71106  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
John ,i found one think its to big
LOL. I think I will just keep the hub caps.

John
Old 02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

I need to train my wife how to pedal or push we are on the bottom
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 AM

Last journal entry: Getting it together.
Last photo:

Had to replace the alternator on my old rust chaser POS GMC. but I got a good deal, a friend of mine wants me to do a bit of front end work on his truck(old parts are gone just put new balljoints in) in exchange for a new alternator he purchased and $100 cash when I'm finished. He's also the one that plows my driveway for the fun of it (he likes playing with his new toy.) I'd love nothing more than to blow this old wreck up! But it does have a decent 350 4 BBL and a good 700R4 tranny. Just the body is about ready to fall apart. A real farm truck not a straight panel, loud and something no self respecting car thief would be caught dead in.(everyone in town knows it LOL)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4524.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	71124  

Last edited by BruceKoukalaka; 02-06-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Give us some before and After shots..
I'm not a ford fan but I always liked the look of the old Falcons, sc
Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I must have done something nice somewhere along the line and got payed back today ...I bought a 02 toyota solara for 500.00 that didnt run I threw an old shop battery in it and found out it needed a starter,a real ez one to change, from the top even, no getting under the car,, went and got one ,( 160.00 ) threw it in (5 min tops ) and it started right up and ran great...The air even worked man was I a happy camper... went back to get my core charge back.and they gave me all the money back still under warrunty he said.....put it in front of the shop and sold it for 2,500.00....WHAT A DAY!!! I'll bet tomorrow really sucks though this sheet NEVER happens to ME....maybe I'll stay home....and do something nice ,,,,To the wiffie....
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
I must have done something nice somewhere along the line and got payed back today ...I bought a 02 toyota solara for 500.00 that didnt run I threw an old shop battery in it and found out it needed a starter,a real ez one to change, from the top even, no getting under the car,, went and got one ,( 160.00 ) threw it in (5 min tops ) and it started right up and ran great...The air even worked man was I a happy camper... went back to get my core charge back.and they gave me all the money back still under warrunty he said.....put it in front of the shop and sold it for 2,500.00....WHAT A DAY!!! I'll bet tomorrow really sucks though this sheet NEVER happens to ME....maybe I'll stay home....and do something nice ,,,,To the wiffie....
Heck no, tomorrow is going to be even better!

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.