The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 162 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Big brother is watching! Don't you watch "Person of Interest"?
Oh,I love that show ,one of my favorites..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I don't think anyone has written a tutorial in negotiating the deal. Might make some good reading.

John
Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I don't think anyone has written a tutorial in negotiating the deal. Might make some good reading.

John
John ,as tight as we are (in the wallet) I could probably learn a trick or two from you ...I see from what youve done with your car so you know all about the secret hotrod account and how get it and still make the wiffie happy too...Its always great to add to both at the same time...Did she ever come home and find a UPS box of hotrod parts on the porch before you got there ??? Mine has, then she asks how much that costs and since you cant lie you tell her and face it ????I have,wasnt pretty so when I got the shop she was all for it because the old cars would be gone from around the house and no more marshalls coming by to hassel us,(being its a residential neighborhood) but its also an address to get things mailed too....I solved that problem and made her happy at the same time....
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

LOL. I am too old to fix some of the mistakes I made as a young man 45 years ago. My wife has paid the bill all these years. No slipping a credit card bill past her. That is why the allowance has worked out so well. I tell her the bill is coming but I will deposit enough in the checking account to cover it. Most of the time she lets me slide by without making the deposit. It is a two way street though. I traded a Mercury villager today with 264,000 miles on it for another minivan. She drives a Jaguar V8 6 speed car. You said it well. it is important to keep the wife happy........

John
Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
LOL. I am too old to fix some of the mistakes I made as a young man 45 years ago. My wife has paid the bill all these years. No slipping a credit card bill past her. That is why the allowance has worked out so well. I tell her the bill is coming but I will deposit enough in the checking account to cover it. Most of the time she lets me slide by without making the deposit. It is a two way street though. I traded a Mercury villager today with 264,000 miles on it for another minivan. She drives a Jaguar V8 6 speed car. You said it well. it is important to keep the wife happy........

John
MaMa happy every one is happy..
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
I have found that having a paypal account has worked well. I sell things on ebay and the money goes into that account. I can go to it without affecting the house money.

Brian
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have found that having a paypal account has worked well. I sell things on ebay and the money goes into that account. I can go to it without affecting the house money.

Brian
I have been wanting to sell a few things on EBAY but have never gotten started. I have had very good experiences with buying and never been cheated. I have an EBAY account but until I begin to sell a few things the balance is going to stay a big zero.

John L
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Well ,im hittin the bottom of the barell today ,I broke down and painted my shop floor,has needed it 3yrs ,just not one of the things on top of my list.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 AM

Man my shop floor needs painting too I cleared out a corner though and I'm building cabinettes that hang down from the 10' ceiling to 6' so I can get all the crap that has accumulated, off the floor
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Man my shop floor needs painting too I cleared out a corner though and I'm building cabinettes that hang down from the 10' ceiling to 6' so I can get all the crap that has accumulated, off the floor
OUCH I am 5' 11" bare foot . Cabinets 6' from the floor would be just right for me to keep the top of my head banged up, since with shoes on I probably get up to about 6' 1" walking. I have to make sure I hang shelves at 6' 2 " . Just saying, is 6' high enough.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr View Post
OUCH I am 5' 11" bare foot . Cabinets 6' from the floor would be just right for me to keep the top of my head banged up, since with shoes on I probably get up to about 6' 1" walking. I have to make sure I hang shelves at 6' 2 " . Just saying, is 6' high enough.
LOL,I'm 5'.....6 1/4" with my cowboy boots on ...Almost 6' with the hat
Old 02-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
So yesterday I just got out there and cleaned up the Gran Sport, hand glazed it, fixed the radio problem so I can hear the ball games! WHOO HOO. I then took her out for a spin with the top down with my daughter. I did a little sideways tire smoking (she had never experienced that before!) and then went off thru "The Canyon" on a short cruise on a beautiful day. All of a sudden the frigging "GEN" light comes on, crap, I turn around and head back home hoping to get there. I stopped at a light and steam is pouring out from under the hood, CRAP. I pulled into a parking lot of a closed business and opened the hood to evaluate the issue. A guy pulled up with a truck and asked if everything was ok, he had seen me pull over with the steaming. He told me about his cars, what a neat community the vintage car community is. Anyway he had water in the truck in a coolent jug and he gave it to me and as we are standing there bleeding off the pressure in the rad with the cap I notice the problem, the damn fan belt had been thrown! CRAP, this has never happened but I had notice that the water pump pulley was not straight, it was wobbling a little. So my high RPM hot rodding tossed it! CRAP.

The good part my buddy had a tool kit and I got the belt back on and water in it and headed home. I handed him my card so he can come by as I owed him a lunch and he said "Oh heck yeah, I know Rich (the owner of the shop), he painted my 41 Chevy". Small world, there are 50 body shops in the area. But what a cool guy, very thankful for his generosity.

Brian

Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

I'm waiting on the snow to melt, some so I can shovel some more and get the garage door open..
need to think of something to keep the door from becoming frozen to the concrete, makes it a r.p.i.t.a. to open..
Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
LOL,I'm 5'.....6 1/4" with my cowboy boots on ...Almost 6' with the hat
Sounds like you are safe then.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
So yesterday I just got out there and cleaned up the Gran Sport, hand glazed it, fixed the radio problem so I can hear the ball games! WHOO HOO. I then took her out for a spin with the top down with my daughter. I did a little sideways tire smoking (she had never experienced that before!) and then went off thru "The Canyon" on a short cruise on a beautiful day. All of a sudden the frigging "GEN" light comes on, crap, I turn around and head back home hoping to get there. I stopped at a light and steam is pouring out from under the hood, CRAP. I pulled into a parking lot of a closed business and opened the hood to evaluate the issue. A guy pulled up with a truck and asked if everything was ok, he had seen me pull over with the steaming. He told me about his cars, what a neat community the vintage car community is. Anyway he had water in the truck in a coolent jug and he gave it to me and as we are standing there bleeding off the pressure in the rad with the cap I notice the problem, the damn fan belt had been thrown! CRAP, this has never happened but I had notice that the water pump pulley was not straight, it was wobbling a little. So my high RPM hot rodding tossed it! CRAP.

The good part my buddy had a tool kit and I got the belt back on and water in it and headed home. I handed him my card so he can come by as I owed him a lunch and he said "Oh heck yeah, I know Rich (the owner of the shop), he painted my 41 Chevy". Small world, there are 50 body shops in the area. But what a cool guy, very thankful for his generosity.

Brian

You know that is the neat thing about the car hobby. It is not even unusual for someone to stop and offer help when you have a special interest car. There is a kinship between car guys much like there used to be with bikers. Glad it worked out for you and your problem is a simple one.

John L

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.