The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 168 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Back to stripping wallpaper and then on to pulling the heads on my "Dump Van". Basically a self propelled trash can. Darn Calif smog laws!

BB

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Pictures of Bron's stuff.

I have talked about my buddy Bron several times on hotrodders, so I thought I owed you guys a couple of pictures. Here is picture of his shop truck that he picked up the other week. It is a '72 with 6 cyl PG. Then a '79 El Camino that he did for a customer. (not all back together yet in this photo. Then a couple pics of his '67 Camaro (a work in progress) Then a pic of a job in his shop. He has a two bay work area and a separate paint booth. The Camaro happens to be in the paint booth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffy and Bron stuff 007.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	71642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffy and Bron stuff 008.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	71643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffy and Bron stuff 009.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	1,002.0 KB
ID:	71644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffy and Bron stuff 010.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	973.5 KB
ID:	71645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffy and Bron stuff 011.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	956.3 KB
ID:	71646  

Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,123 Times in 998 Posts
One day there is going to a 67-69 Camaro in a museum, it will be in a museum because it is the very last first Gen Camaro on earth without a cowl hood.

I love those Elcaminos. I have a shop who I work with and I had them do some work to the wife's Minivan once and they gave me their 80ish ElCamino to drive. That sucker was so nice! It is a super low miles car and it just simply drove like new, I hated to give it back.

Brian
Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,280 Times in 1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post

I love those Elcaminos. I have a shop who I work with and I had them do some work to the wife's Minivan once and they gave me their 80ish ElCamino to drive. That sucker was so nice! It is a super low miles car and it just simply drove like new, I hated to give it back.

Brian
LOL. Mine is on Craigslist now. Surely we can work something out...........

Old 02-23-2013, 01:13 PM

Last photo:

Nice looking car/truck there John.

Brian
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 PM

Last photo:

I had a bunch of honey do stuff, and didn't get out to the garage until late but still got the water pump all installed and filled and ready to go. Tomorrow I am going to see if I can get the carb all straightened out and maybe fire it up again.

Brian

Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
One day there is going to a 67-69 Camaro in a museum, it will be in a museum because it is the very last first Gen Camaro on earth without a cowl hood.

Brian
Thanks Brian. I'll have to talk to him about keeping the original hood in case he decides to sell the car someday. Bron loves the cowll hoods and has put one on almost every car or truck that he restored for himself.

Nice looking El Camino there John. The customer had Bron spray in color matched bed liner in his El Camino. Looks surprisingly good.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr View Post
Thanks Brian. I'll have to talk to him about keeping the original hood in case he decides to sell the car someday. Bron loves the cowll hoods and has put one on almost every car or truck that he restored for himself.

Nice looking El Camino there John. The customer had Bron spray in color matched bed liner in his El Camino. Looks surprisingly good.
A gentleman stopped me on the way home from church and asked if I would sell it. Left me a 500 dollar deposit. It appears he intends to come back It is amazing how you want to sell something until you do.

John L
Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 PM

Last photo:

Yep, sometimes it is so hard to let them go.

Today I went out to work on the Gran Sport but to first take a look around the Rambler, check the oil all that good stuff. But of course you know that turns into more every time.

First off I figured I would adjust the brakes. Marge doesn't have self adjusting brakes believe it or not. So After driving her every day for a year and a half I figured I should take a look at that. Everything looked good, just tightened the them up a little bit is all she needed.

While I was there I went ahead and vacuumed out the cooling system again thinking maybe there is some air caught in there and that is why she overheats when I turn on the heater. I am pretty sure I opened the heater control valve the last time I did this but I went ahead and did it again and vacuumed it out and it took quite a bit of coolent so maybe there was an air pocket!

While doing the brakes and greasing the suspension I ran into the fact that the idler arm is SHOT. Ok, I had a rebuild kit that I bought a long time ago and figured I would install it, sorry, wrong one, Grrrrrr. Ok, so my brother had a couple of bushings that from the measurements sound like they will work and his wife was up at his house in Grassvalley and will be home tonight with them. But I went ahead and put the worn out one back in so I can get to work tomorrow. I have a spare idler so I will rebuild that one and just swap them.

Anyway, I will be back on the Gran Sport tomorrow.

Brian
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 PM

Last photo:

HOLY COW did that car need the brakes adjusted. It didn't seem bad at all, but it's like my hair turning gray, it happens so gradually you don't see it coming and you aren't freaked out by it. This sucker had about three times the pedal it does now, the first time I put my foot on the brakes I just about locked them up.

Brian
Old 02-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Marge is a sweetheart. Actually driving something like your Rambler makes complete sense. She will give you cheap transportation, never depreciate and never fail an emissions test. Consider this. I sold my El Camino today for 7800 dollars and bought a 2006 minivan last week for 8000 dollars. In 10 yeas the El Camino would be worth 12000 and the Minivan will be worth 650... If it is even still running. Buying a newer vehicle makes no financial sense.

On the other hand, We just have to have a place for those grand kids.

John L
Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Marge is a sweetheart. Actually driving something like your Rambler makes complete sense. She will give you cheap transportation, never depreciate and never fail an emissions test. Consider this. I sold my El Camino today for 7800 dollars and bought a 2006 minivan last week for 8000 dollars. In 10 yeas the El Camino would be worth 12000 and the Minivan will be worth 650... If it is even still running. Buying a newer vehicle makes no financial sense.

John L
Your absolutely right John. But think how "cool" you'll look behind the wheel of your new $8000 "chick magnet!" Hubba Hubba! Probably the only one to out class you would be Brian in his Rambler!

BB
Old 02-24-2013, 07:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post

John L
Yeah John my wife drives the nice late model mini van and I drive the Rambler, it's perfect, I have the van for those drives out to Sacramento to see my kids and grand baby (another is on the way, this time my daughter, I can't wait!) so to drive the Rambler makes perfect sense for me.

Brian
Old 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

What type of engine does the rambler have Flattie or Ohv dont know any thing about it But i like it would like to have one or a wagon to drive .or a metropolitan ,i know yours is a better car than a metro .but i like both
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

LOL Don't even think about it 496chevy3100. Brian is a flatlander. You will have to have more than 32 HP to run those Georgia Mountains.

John L

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Come On Man! | - »