The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 172 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 AM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

spare time

Well I just had a kick in the head. Just got downsized out of the company I have worked for for the last 5 years. we got bought out last summer by a larger corporate type and after all the promises of increased work we get **** caned this week. Three of us out of 10 in the shop and office are out looking for jobs. I gets harder at my age to find any work especially in the winter in Maine. Oh well I have time to work on my car just no money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Well I just had a kick in the head. Just got downsized out of the company I have worked for for the last 5 years. we got bought out last summer by a larger corporate type and after all the promises of increased work we get **** caned this week. Three of us out of 10 in the shop and office are out looking for jobs. I gets harder at my age to find any work especially in the winter in Maine. Oh well I have time to work on my car just no money.
sorry man...
at least you'll have unemployment for 99+ weeks

there is sadly more of this coming..
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

I'm working on another shot of nyquil.. bottoms up..
colds blow.. and with my health, I can't be to carefull
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
I'm working on another shot of nyquil.. bottoms up..
colds blow.. and with my health, I can't be to carefull
"Cheers Pal" - - - - take care of yourself, OK?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Sorry to hear. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Quote:
Damn it, sorry to hear about that.

Brian
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Interesting you should ask. I love the Roadster but the one thing it is not is a highway car. With the 5 speed it will cruise at 70 all day long but the noise and lack of heat and air makes it a real fair weather mile car.

I have always had good practical cruisers that I could climb in and take on vacation to Daytona if that is what I wanted to do. With that said, I would like to build another mild 50’s custom:

49-51 Ford convertible
49-56 Mercury convertible or hardtop (54 would be perfect)
54 Chevy hardtop or convertible

Of course I would like to find a car in the 2500 dollar range.

Since I like to do the metal work I don't mind a car with some rust but will try to find a complete car that has trim and dash with it. Trying to find a car piece at a time will kill you now days.

John Long
John I have found a 53 or 54 Ford Victoria HT with front half of roof Glass, I will post pictures
Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

A Skyliner, awesome car indeed.

Brian

Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
A Skyliner, awesome car indeed.

Brian

Thanks Martin ,just imagine it lt green and white .Price is right.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

work? what's that? I go to work and then it's play time! Ok, getting a tax refund soon and a royalty check for a limited edition skateboard with my name on it. So I'm all jazzed up on deciding what's more important...cluttering the garage further with an english wheel, bead roller, and 4' brake, or.....get the interior and everything needed to finish off my 65 Mustang. Something about not picking up another project between projects rings a bell but it would be nice to start seeing parts being painted and with a good clear. The question on what to spend on reminds me of last year's 49ers QB situation...which good QB to start? It's a great problem!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR PANELS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
work? what's that? I go to work and then it's play time! Ok, getting a tax refund soon and a royalty check for a limited edition skateboard with my name on it. So I'm all jazzed up on deciding what's more important...cluttering the garage further with an english wheel, bead roller, and 4' brake, or.....get the interior and everything needed to finish off my 65 Mustang. Something about not picking up another project between projects rings a bell but it would be nice to start seeing parts being painted and with a good clear. The question on what to spend on reminds me of last year's 49ers QB situation...which good QB to start? It's a great problem!
You know which one I would go for. Metal forming equipment for sure.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
You know which one I would go for. Metal forming equipment for sure.
I was thinking a little of both...the interior, seat cushions,door latch...ummmm-I have the list somewhere! That way I can get both and be flat broke again!

I will probably hold off on a deep throat shrinker but will keep an eye out on a deal. The thing was, they had a display model with no handle at the HF($85) by my house and if I would have saw the Lazze video on making tanks I would have picked it up right then and there. So after I see the video I RUN to HF and it was sold days prior in an outdoor sale...and outdoor sale I went to get an arbor. Never even went outside in the sale area but thought, "should I go see how much the deep throat is on sale now?", but at the time didn't realize deep throat shrinkers are good for making tanks. Missed out. Had I saw that video just as week earlier I would have been at the sale when it opened.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I was thinking a little of both...the interior, seat cushions,door latch...ummmm-I have the list somewhere! That way I can get both and be flat broke again!

I will probably hold off on a deep throat shrinker but will keep an eye out on a deal. The thing was, they had a display model with no handle at the HF($85) by my house and if I would have saw the Lazze video on making tanks I would have picked it up right then and there. So after I see the video I RUN to HF and it was sold days prior in an outdoor sale...and outdoor sale I went to get an arbor. Never even went outside in the sale area but thought, "should I go see how much the deep throat is on sale now?", but at the time didn't realize deep throat shrinkers are good for making tanks. Missed out. Had I saw that video just as week earlier I would have been at the sale when it opened.

A "DEEP THROAT SHRINKER" ?????

The mind boggles at the possible interpretations of THAT phrase...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
John I have found a 53 or 54 Ford Victoria HT with front half of roof Glass, I will post pictures
That would definitely have potential. I will be looking for the pics

John L
Old 03-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

We are going to the lake in Alabama for the weekend i will stop and take pictures and send them to you

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.