The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 172 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2566 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: maine
Posts: 82
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
spare time

Well I just had a kick in the head. Just got downsized out of the company I have worked for for the last 5 years. we got bought out last summer by a larger corporate type and after all the promises of increased work we get **** caned this week. Three of us out of 10 in the shop and office are out looking for jobs. I gets harder at my age to find any work especially in the winter in Maine. Oh well I have time to work on my car just no money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2567 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 AM
gearheadslife's Avatar
MentalMuffinMan
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,949
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 80
Thanked 219 Times in 206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Well I just had a kick in the head. Just got downsized out of the company I have worked for for the last 5 years. we got bought out last summer by a larger corporate type and after all the promises of increased work we get **** caned this week. Three of us out of 10 in the shop and office are out looking for jobs. I gets harder at my age to find any work especially in the winter in Maine. Oh well I have time to work on my car just no money.
sorry man...
at least you'll have unemployment for 99+ weeks

there is sadly more of this coming..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2568 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 AM
gearheadslife's Avatar
MentalMuffinMan
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,949
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 80
Thanked 219 Times in 206 Posts
I'm working on another shot of nyquil.. bottoms up..
colds blow.. and with my health, I can't be to carefull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2569 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM
wretched ratchet's Avatar
one full turn after it squeeks
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Yuppieville, Tejas
Age: 72
Posts: 1,175
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 46
Thanked 158 Times in 122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
I'm working on another shot of nyquil.. bottoms up..
colds blow.. and with my health, I can't be to carefull
"Cheers Pal" - - - - take care of yourself, OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2570 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
King Karl's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 0
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Well I just had a kick in the head. Just got downsized out of the company I have worked for for the last 5 years. we got bought out last summer by a larger corporate type and after all the promises of increased work we get **** caned this week. Three of us out of 10 in the shop and office are out looking for jobs. I gets harder at my age to find any work especially in the winter in Maine. Oh well I have time to work on my car just no money.
Sorry to hear. Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2571 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 12,679
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 615
Thanked 955 Times in 852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Well I just had a kick in the head. Just got downsized out of the company I have worked for for the last 5 years. we got bought out last summer by a larger corporate type and after all the promises of increased work we get **** caned this week. Three of us out of 10 in the shop and office are out looking for jobs. I gets harder at my age to find any work especially in the winter in Maine. Oh well I have time to work on my car just no money.
Damn it, sorry to hear about that.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2572 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Appalachian American
 

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Appalachia GA
Posts: 693
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 230
Thanked 178 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Interesting you should ask. I love the Roadster but the one thing it is not is a highway car. With the 5 speed it will cruise at 70 all day long but the noise and lack of heat and air makes it a real fair weather mile car.

I have always had good practical cruisers that I could climb in and take on vacation to Daytona if that is what I wanted to do. With that said, I would like to build another mild 50’s custom:

49-51 Ford convertible
49-56 Mercury convertible or hardtop (54 would be perfect)
54 Chevy hardtop or convertible

Of course I would like to find a car in the 2500 dollar range.

Since I like to do the metal work I don't mind a car with some rust but will try to find a complete car that has trim and dash with it. Trying to find a car piece at a time will kill you now days.

John Long
John I have found a 53 or 54 Ford Victoria HT with front half of roof Glass, I will post pictures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2573 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 AM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 12,679
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 615
Thanked 955 Times in 852 Posts
A Skyliner, awesome car indeed.

Brian

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2574 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 AM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Appalachian American
 

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Appalachia GA
Posts: 693
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 230
Thanked 178 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
A Skyliner, awesome car indeed.

Brian

Thanks Martin ,just imagine it lt green and white .Price is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2575 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 AM
put up or shut up
 

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Antelope, Ca
Posts: 1,910
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 527
Thanked 200 Times in 181 Posts
work? what's that? I go to work and then it's play time! Ok, getting a tax refund soon and a royalty check for a limited edition skateboard with my name on it. So I'm all jazzed up on deciding what's more important...cluttering the garage further with an english wheel, bead roller, and 4' brake, or.....get the interior and everything needed to finish off my 65 Mustang. Something about not picking up another project between projects rings a bell but it would be nice to start seeing parts being painted and with a good clear. The question on what to spend on reminds me of last year's 49ers QB situation...which good QB to start? It's a great problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2576 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 PM
123pugsy's Avatar
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR PANELS
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 52
Posts: 2,249
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 303
Thanked 199 Times in 179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
work? what's that? I go to work and then it's play time! Ok, getting a tax refund soon and a royalty check for a limited edition skateboard with my name on it. So I'm all jazzed up on deciding what's more important...cluttering the garage further with an english wheel, bead roller, and 4' brake, or.....get the interior and everything needed to finish off my 65 Mustang. Something about not picking up another project between projects rings a bell but it would be nice to start seeing parts being painted and with a good clear. The question on what to spend on reminds me of last year's 49ers QB situation...which good QB to start? It's a great problem!
You know which one I would go for. Metal forming equipment for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2577 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
put up or shut up
 

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Antelope, Ca
Posts: 1,910
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 527
Thanked 200 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
You know which one I would go for. Metal forming equipment for sure.
I was thinking a little of both...the interior, seat cushions,door latch...ummmm-I have the list somewhere! That way I can get both and be flat broke again!

I will probably hold off on a deep throat shrinker but will keep an eye out on a deal. The thing was, they had a display model with no handle at the HF($85) by my house and if I would have saw the Lazze video on making tanks I would have picked it up right then and there. So after I see the video I RUN to HF and it was sold days prior in an outdoor sale...and outdoor sale I went to get an arbor. Never even went outside in the sale area but thought, "should I go see how much the deep throat is on sale now?", but at the time didn't realize deep throat shrinkers are good for making tanks. Missed out. Had I saw that video just as week earlier I would have been at the sale when it opened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2578 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Semper Gumby
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 329
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 131
Thanked 105 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I was thinking a little of both...the interior, seat cushions,door latch...ummmm-I have the list somewhere! That way I can get both and be flat broke again!

I will probably hold off on a deep throat shrinker but will keep an eye out on a deal. The thing was, they had a display model with no handle at the HF($85) by my house and if I would have saw the Lazze video on making tanks I would have picked it up right then and there. So after I see the video I RUN to HF and it was sold days prior in an outdoor sale...and outdoor sale I went to get an arbor. Never even went outside in the sale area but thought, "should I go see how much the deep throat is on sale now?", but at the time didn't realize deep throat shrinkers are good for making tanks. Missed out. Had I saw that video just as week earlier I would have been at the sale when it opened.

A "DEEP THROAT SHRINKER" ?????

The mind boggles at the possible interpretations of THAT phrase...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2579 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
John long's Avatar
Slow but willing learner
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chattanooga, Tn
Age: 68
Posts: 1,795
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 743
Thanked 547 Times in 440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
John I have found a 53 or 54 Ford Victoria HT with front half of roof Glass, I will post pictures
That would definitely have potential. I will be looking for the pics

John L
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2580 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2013, 05:03 PM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Appalachian American
 

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Appalachia GA
Posts: 693
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 230
Thanked 178 Times in 157 Posts
We are going to the lake in Alabama for the weekend i will stop and take pictures and send them to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hahaha Remember that "Hemi in a Camaro" thread... Crazy Mopar Guy Hotrodding Basics 11 02-05-2014 05:31 AM
Another engine "tick" diagnosis thread....(long) ForceFed86 Engine 2 04-09-2011 03:54 PM
Increase thread title "preview" time cboy Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help 16 07-03-2008 08:45 PM
MuscleCarKid_1991 "Senior Project" thread: Dumped Jon Engine 2 03-22-2008 08:01 PM
"Trial fitting parts" thread vs. paint thickness rcurrier44 Body - Exterior 3 01-26-2005 05:24 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.