The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 178 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,152 Posts
A day or so ago I glued the two pieces of chair together for the transfer seat I am making for my friend. Today I ground it down and using this glue I filled the seam all up in the chair and will grind it flat tomorrow.

I assembled the idler arm for the Rambler.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

you're a good friend. i'd just throw him in the car and tell him to hang on.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM

Last journal entry: Getting it together.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Great lookin 1 ton would look good with a WW steel flat bed or with original Im partial to a aluminum or steel 8 ft bed on a dual wheel,are you going to run a 304 /345 or original.
I am actually thinking on a diesel or a 345 for the R130, and hot rodding the '160. My thinking is the '130 is going to be a daily driver, and the '160 will be a play-toy
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
A day or so ago I glued the two pieces of chair together for the transfer seat I am making for my friend. Today I ground it down and using this glue I filled the seam all up in the chair and will grind it flat tomorrow.

I assembled the idler arm for the Rambler.

Brian
Brian, That looks like the seam adhesive my body shop buddy uses. Two tube caulking gun, mixes in the nozzle. Tough stuff and sandable to boot.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,254 Posts
Quote:

Brian
I agree with Henry. You are a good friend. It is a very good thing you are doing.

John L
Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I agree with Henry. You are a good friend. It is a very good thing you are doing.

John L
I can't wait to see his face when I nail it! His wife is also in a chair (spinal bifida) Myelomeningocele - PubMed Health and when she came out to the car I saw her eyes light up when she said "I want a ride too". I have never seen her light up like that, nor care a single thing about cars. I hope I can get her in there too. But it's difficult because everyone is so different when it comes to handicaps like this. What I am doing for him may not do a thing for her. They use a cherry picker like device at hospitals to get them in and out of bath tubs, that would work being the car has no roof. But I would have to disassemble for the trunk to take it with me so they could get out of the car at another location. I am seriously thinking about it though, then go to convalescent homes and see if I can give people rides. There are a lot of people who have never been in a convertible in their life, many healthy people who I have given rides to, certainly there are a lot of people out there who would love one.

The other day I gave a customer a ride home in my Rambler and he had a smile on his face the whole way. When I let him out he thanked me and said I made his day. We have a lot of power to make people happy with these cars.

Brian
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr View Post
Brian, That looks like the seam adhesive my body shop buddy uses. Two tube caulking gun, mixes in the nozzle. Tough stuff and sandable to boot.
It's a 2 part structural plastic adhesive.

Brian
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Finally got my engine and transmission installed and bolted down ,now it starts to look like a truck again. But still no doors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	72122   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	72123   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	72124   Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	72125  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,254 Posts
It really is looking good. Keep up the good work.

John L
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM

57 3100 V8 truck

cool project Brian my Bro works on wheel chairs for a living maybe he has seen something that might help . my truck project is moving along good today's progress....the fact there was a new harness , and the melting smoking wire insulation in the cab last night was enough to convince me to yank the old stuff out . so out it came , and in with some new stuff that has the starter and coil ignition wires in it . turned her over enough to see the oil pressure come up .checked spark... yeah !!! so went ahead yanked out the seat , and gas tank . started looking at the new stuff noticed they gave me 6cyl stuff so i need to exchange the fuel pump , fuel line to carb , and the carb kit . i would install new tank and lines up to the pump but its filthy in the cab n i have no shop vac yet .
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM

Last photo:

Looks like everyone is keeping busy. Mike, he probably has something for me to help with my project but what it is who knows. I am telling you, doing something like this is very specialized. I am just making things up as I go.

Tonight I sanded the adhesive (damn that stuff sands hard!) and it's ready for a skim coat of filler. I wasn't going to go this far but now that I am into it I am going to go ahead and prime and paint it. Besides, it being smoother will help him slide on it.

I am trying to come up with some kind of grab handle off the windshield frame for him. My first thought was to simply put a carabiner thru the hole that the top clamp hooks to the windshield frame at the corner.

With a loop of some sort hanging down for him to grab. But in closer inspection of that piece it just doesn't look strong enough. So I am not thinking of making a piece of metal that is covered in thin dense foam to lay on top of the windshield frame with a tapped hole in it. A pin with a loop would be screwed up thru the hole into it. So that the pressure of the loop being pulled on would be distributed out instead of right on the hole. This is what I am thinking at least.

Brian
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Quote:
It's a 2 part structural plastic adhesive.

Brian
Okay, He has that also, for repairing plastic bumper facias. I've never worked with the stuff, but have been around when he has used it. Amazes me how strong it is.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Finally got my engine and transmission installed and bolted down ,now it starts to look like a truck again. But still no doors.
Wow , That steering shaft sure looks tight against the rocker cover. Or is it not as close as it looks ?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:49 AM

1957 3100 truck

WHOOHOO!! i put some gas down the barrell and cranked filled up the glass filter bowl leaked so i bypassed it . ive got a small 1 gallon gas can to pull from using the old pump she runs ! the longer she ran the better smoke wasnt too bad for 22 years of sitting . smooth too maybe a little exhaust leak on passenger side revved up nice sounds great no knocking probly a good thing the seat is out or i would have tried to drive it no lites , brakes , and a gas can on the step
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 AM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Teeny-weeny disease-el

Finally got some time to get back at 'er. Lil guy purrs like a kitten now - well OK - its a disease-el - they don't EVER purr like a gas engine does - but it now runs on all cylinders, pulls the power it is supposed to, and has NO blow-by at all! Now it needs to burn its exhaust clean and stop blowing chunks of solid carbon out the stack from all that crap that been building up when it had a dead cylinder!

Exhaust temps are pretty close to even across all three cylinders - I'm happy with it!

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.