The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 20 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
Laid out cone shapes in graphics class in high school about 43 years ago. Good luck.
Thanks adantessr, sometimes I'm just too close to it to think about this stuff! Your pic sent me in the right direction. Today I finally finished the tunnel sections. I did three different cone shapes and although I had to "modify" the curvature of the smaller to get a smooth transition, I think they will be OK. Spent about the last two hrs just cleaning and getting some room so I can roll around under this thing doing the brake, fuel and tranny lines this next week. At least I now have all the floor panels ready to go it when I'm done with the mechanicals. Thanks to all for the help & support on th floor pan stuff. Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1599.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	62735   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1601.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	62736   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1602.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	62737   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1603.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	62738  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 04:15 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetKruzer
Thanks adantessr, sometimes I'm just too close to it to think about this stuff! Your pic sent me in the right direction. Today I finally finished the tunnel sections. I did three different cone shapes and although I had to "modify" the curvature of the smaller to get a smooth transition, I think they will be OK. Spent about the last two hrs just cleaning and getting some room so I can roll around under this thing doing the brake, fuel and tranny lines this next week. At least I now have all the floor panels ready to go it when I'm done with the mechanicals. Thanks to all for the help & support on th floor pan stuff. Bob

Looks good. I will need to mine similar to yours to retain as much interior space as possible.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 AM

Last photo:

Thanks 123pugsy. With the practice you're getting on your hood, etc. The floor pan should be a piece of cake after that!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:16 AM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetKruzer
when I get to my floor this will be good inspiration
Old 02-06-2012, 06:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Looks good. I will need to mine similar to yours to retain as much interior space as possible.
I agree ,it looks very nice...
Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Yes, you guys are really doing some beautiful fab work.

Brian
Old 02-06-2012, 08:43 AM
It's slow, not to low.....yet.

Last journal entry: 1951 Styleline DeLuxe
Last photo:

Looking good Kruzer!! Making good progress, even if you are a bit "picky" about the fitting of everything!! I know where I got it from Glad they found something to work on the rear. As far as what I did today, researched new door seals and window felts for the 51. Man, keeping the weather out is expensive!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:45 PM

actually you guys are starting to get ME inspired again I went and uncoverd the 48 today ....looked at it for the required 5 min. and coverd it back up...
I got the roof of the high top van painted today,tomorrow I'll paint the rest...but I'm making a plan of action for finishing all the loose ends on the 48..while I'm at it...
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
actually you guys are starting to get ME inspired again I went and uncoverd the 48 today ....looked at it for the required 5 min. and coverd it back up...
I got the roof of the high top van painted today,tomorrow I'll paint the rest...but I'm making a plan of action for finishing all the loose ends on the 48..while I'm at it...
Go spend another 5 minutes looking at it tomorrow and before you know it .....
Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 PM

Last photo:

After a pretty good weekend of accomplishing something meaningful on the car, tonight all I did was lay under it and measure and plan. Brake, fuel & trans cooler lines are next! Didn't bother me that I didn't really DO anything, I got some measurements and an idea or three for routing the lines. Then got inspired and checked out the possibility of low mounting the alt (see new thread)! Deadbodyman, just keep going out there and checking it out. Something will click and you'll pick up a tool and "off to the races" again. Bob
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't understand?

Last photo:

Quote:
I went and uncoverd the 48 today ....looked at it for the required 5 min. and coverd it back up... .
does that really count?
because i have been feeling bad
because I havent done anything the last couple of days
hold on while I step out into the garage for 5
Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Its been a while since I rebuilt an AFB. Forgot how simple they are. This one is going on the Polara in place of the identical one that I just took off. Gee.... a matching pair of AFB's. Bet they'll fit perfectly on a 440 with a Max Wedge cross ram. Let me make a note of that.....

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride!" - Anonymous
Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
does that really count?
because i have been feeling bad
because I havent done anything the last couple of days
hold on while I step out into the garage for 5
well,yes and no.It takes a lot of thinking and building in your head and after you've figured everything out and do the work you run into something unexpected down the road,like this...The last thing I did was widen the rear fender 2" Now the two tail lights dont look quite right to me I think I need three which involves going back and cutting welding but the fender seem where the welting would go is right there and will have to be moved about 1" into the fender...since I decided I wanted to weld the rear fenders on so they're seamless it shouldnt be THAT big of a deal but cutting into something and reworking something you already did that took a long time is a little tough...it would have been fine if I didnt have to widen the fenders...so anyways ,there you go, I'm going backwards
for now but when I get this part done it should be a leap forward...
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Its been a while since I rebuilt an AFB. Forgot how simple they are. This one is going on the Polara in place of the identical one that I just took off. Gee.... a matching pair of AFB's. Bet they'll fit perfectly on a 440 with a Max Wedge cross ram. Let me make a note of that.....

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride!" - Anonymous

Then too if you want/need to make jet or rod changes, Edelbrock Performer pieces work nicely and are very available inexpensively.

What did I work on yesterday ???? ........... updating a bathroom with new sink, tile counter top and back splash, and fresh paint while waiting for parts so can get my truck rolling again
Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 AM
I don't understand?

Last photo:

Quote:
well,yes and no.It takes a lot of thinking and building in your head and after you've figured everything out and do the work you run into something unexpected down the road,like this...The last thing I did was widen the rear fender 2" Now the two tail lights dont look quite right to me I think I need three which involves going back and cutting welding but the fender seem where the welting would go is right there and will have to be moved about 1" into the fender...since I decided I wanted to weld the rear fenders on so they're seamless it shouldnt be THAT big of a deal but cutting into something and reworking something you already did that took a long time is a little tough...it would have been fine if I didnt have to widen the fenders...so anyways ,there you go, I'm going backwards
for now but when I get this part done it should be a leap forward...
I was kinda teasing
but, I do built and work most things out in my head, long before i do them
so then I have probably spent 10-12 hrs the last 3 days working on/thinking about my car
nothing else to do when you are stuck in a truck for all day

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.