The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 200 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have never had a car that would even come close, not even anywhere near a dream of it even.

Brian
Could it be you are slipping Martha's clutch too much?

John L

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,124 Times in 998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Could it be you are slipping Martha's clutch too much?

John L
That's Marge there John, don't insult my woman. Yeah, if I were to put a thousand pounds hanging off the rear bumper about fifteen feet I am thinking with side stepping the clutch at red line (about 2500 rpm) she may get the front tires off the ground.

Brian
Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
That's Marge there John, don't insult my woman. Yeah, if I were to put a thousand pounds hanging off the rear bumper about fifteen feet I am thinking with side stepping the clutch at red line (about 2500 rpm) she may get the front tires off the ground.

Brian
Or you could use a floor jack and a couple of jack stands!

BB
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,124 Times in 998 Posts
Well crap BB, I have pulled a wheelie! You can't see me because the hood flew up, I'm right in there making vrrmmmm vrrrrmmm sounds.

Vrian

Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Well crap BB, I have pulled a wheelie! You can't see me because the hood flew up, I'm right in there making vrrmmmm vrrrrmmm sounds.

Vrian

Now all you got to do is photoshop out the jack and stands and when your telling the story remember to say,"and then the hood flew up but luckily I can see through the window in the floor!"

BB
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:

Vrian

The Falcon's been doing that same wheelie for a month now! Just coaxed it down this week, and I'm trying to talk nice to her so she wont get on her high horse again!

I got the fab work done for the Mazda steering box today. Had to relieve the frame for the gusset on the box to clear, and then fill it in. After that I sleeved the upper bolt through the frame with heavy wall tubing, and built a plate for the lower two bolts.
Ground the keyway out of the stock pitman arm so I could turn it 180 degrees. Ground the crimp out of the tapered jont on the pitman arm and gutted it. Then made up a filler bushing to accept my heim joint drag link, and welded the bushing into the end of the pitman arm.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:

Blue printing a 383 (a 394 now) for the past week Trying to find needed parts I can get without waiting a month or driving a hundred miles to pick em up!

Almost complete now, just need the Mancini 8qt pan to come in. and the hardened oil pump drive, and fuel pump rod! And I can button it up and install it in a 66 Plymouth Fury. Man after a long winter I have to spring clean my garage LOL

Jester

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/atta...=1364533692692
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	72679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	72680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 014.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	592.3 KB
ID:	72681  

Last edited by painted jester; 03-28-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 AM
Drag Racing Lover

Last journal entry: '68 Impala Project
Last photo:

I found the misfire in my '68 Impala yesterday, bad plug wire on #8, so I pulled and regapped all the plugs from .035 to .050, put a new plug in #8 cylinder and put a new set of MSD wires on as I plan on hooking my CDI box up asap. I want to put it on today as the cruise-in is on Saturdays but I have to see how my body is gonna feel and act. Then, after I went in and ate lunch and took a 2 hour break, I went to the garage and finished pullin the motor and trans out of my '88 S10. I have never really believed in this Physical Theraphy stuff until I started it 6 weeks ago. It has really helped me! I have a PT come 2 times a week, just got approved for a 9wk. extension, and I have gone from losing all feeling from my waist down to walking with a cane again. I do my excercises every morning, takes about an hour and 45mins., and now I have hopes of going back to work one day. Alot of prayer and some will power seems to be all it takes. I didn't take any pictures of my Impala, I plan to today, but here are a couple of my motor out of my S10

Name:	old_motor.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	720.7 KB
ID:	72683

Name:	old_motor_trans_out.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	730.5 KB
ID:	72684
Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 AM

Last photo:

s10

Awesome to hear that you're up and about! I'm so happy for you! We are keeping you in our prayers and are hopeful for your complete recovery. I see you're getting things done over there...just dont over do it. Your mind is going 100 mph on these builds, but your body should obey the speed limit! LOL ...best wishes with your continued recovery and best of luck with your builds. Keep the pics coming.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Blue printing a 383 (a 394 now) for the past week Trying to find needed parts I can get without waiting a month or driving a hundred miles to pick em up!

Almost complete now, just need the Mancini 8qt pan to come in. and the hardened oil pump drive, and fuel pump rod! And I can button it up and install it in a 66 Plymouth Fury. Man after a long winter I have to spring clean my garage LOL

Jester

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/atta...=1364533692692
Great looking B block,,Beep Beep, did you do the art work,,
Old 03-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,040 Posts
Quote:

Brian

That reminds me of a guy who asked one of my buddies if he could build a Y block ford engine that would turn 7000 rpms. I liked his answer. "sure once".

If you did all that Marge might pull those wheels one time.

John L
Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Received my Lokar shifter today ,also got my new gauges Classis Insturments installed ,and most of shifter installed ,still have to cut and install shift rod & boot .This install is not made for my hands,,tried to convince my wife her hands would fit better,She wasn't buying.LOL
Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Received my Lokar shifter today ,also got my new gauges Classis Insturments installed ,and most of shifter installed ,still have to cut and install shift rod & boot .This install is not made for my hands,,tried to convince my wife her hands would fit better,She wasn't buying.LOL
We don't give them enough credit for being pretty darn smart! My wife never falls for that either!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 PM

Last photo:

My neighbor brought back my cherry picker today, so I made him stay and help me drop the engine into the Falcon. Then I cut out cardboard motor mounts and fabbed up the real ones from the templates.
The 454 is sitting on the new mounts, but they're just C clamped to the frame rails. Need to double check the measurements before welding it in solid, but then it's ready to weld in solid!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM

What did u work on today

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
My neighbor brought back my cherry picker today, so I made him stay and help me drop the engine into the Falcon. Then I cut out cardboard motor mounts and fabbed up the real ones from the templates.
The 454 is sitting on the new mounts, but they're just C clamped to the frame rails. Need to double check the measurements before welding it in solid, but then it's ready to weld in solid!
Holey moley BB that sure fills up the engine compartment !!! good luck jim

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.