The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 211 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
I haven't found any and my hands and fingers crack really bad And are pain full LOL When I was young it wasn't bad but with age the reducers and thinners tear em up!

Jester
they use a brand of glove when I work on the ship they take some serious abuse chemicals don't seem to hurt them .try to catch the brand next time im there . what about thickster seem to remember them being pretty good

Advertisement

Last edited by mikesnyhere; 04-13-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 PM

finally built a workbench , the materials were just laying around
Old 04-13-2013, 12:26 PM

its not pretty or perfectly level but waaay better than the floor and drier !
Old 04-13-2013, 12:47 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Been sick all week and have been playing basketball everyday. I thought I was getting up today for my usual 9 am gym basketball pick up games but couldn't motivate myself to do so. I just ate some food and will drink lots of water and a little apple cider vinegar and go get my welding helmet down the street and come home and work on my car. The roof on this car is gonna be a cake walk. Apart from the prior damage in the quarter and very little rust here and there that I fixed, this car is in great condition. I guess I'm lucky to be in California cause it's stout as can be, almost like a brand new car. Really, it is. I was shocked the other night when I felt the roof. Very well maintained compared to some of the train wrecks I see at work.

Anywho, this car should be in the shop soon with some paint on it. Still got the exhaust and interior but it's moving right along.

Maybe tonight I'll make a video of some of the progress. Nothing better than listening to some good music and working in your garage at your own pace. If I want to take a nap on the job I can damn well do what I please!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:47 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Been working on the seats and mounts in the '38. This is what it had when I got it. '83 Camaro seats and mounts. The mounts are different heights from driver to passenger and the PO put square tube "risers" under them to to get them high enough and even.

I replaced the foam and upholstery on the seats last fall and removed the fabric he had as "carpet". I then painted the base he made to blend with the carpet.

I then looked for different mounts to eliminate the risers and got a pair from an '87 Celebrity. They are much taller than the Camaro mounts so I had to back track and cut the base up and only use the low bar on the front. The outside rear bolt holes line right up with the frame so I can't get a bolt or nut in there. I welded a bolt to the pan to hold that position. I had to use a spacer between the mount and seat base to make up for the pan being lower on the outside too.

The mounts were rather rusty at the feet, so I ran them thru the blast cabinet and then coated them with Eastwood Rust Preventer. Next step is to paint them Gray.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,218 Times in 1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesnyhere View Post
its not pretty or perfectly level but waaay better than the floor and drier !
No way man, that is beautiful! Looks very solid which is so important. You just have to have a bench! I need to clear mine off so it looks like yours.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
mikesnyhere (04-14-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
No way man, that is beautiful! Looks very solid which is so important. You just have to have a bench! I need to clear mine off so it looks like yours.

Brian
Ditto! Work bench is a must. I have one...somewhere. Need to remember what it is under. I think it is on the back wall. Yes, that is correct. The wide stainless steel storage shelf is the work bench. I knew I had one.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
mikesnyhere (04-14-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 04:29 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

It was a little too cool outside to do much on the Falcon gasser project, so I got some sheet aluminum and laid out the gauge panel insert. Cut the holes and the outside shape, then mounted the new gauges. Still need to pre wire it all for the dash lamps and turnsignal indicators.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,218 Times in 1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
It was a little too cool outside to do much on the Falcon gasser project, so I got some sheet aluminum and laid out the gauge panel insert. Cut the holes and the outside shape, then mounted the new gauges. Still need to pre wire it all for the dash lamps and turnsignal indicators.
That came out awesome!

Brian
Old 04-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,421 Times in 1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Those are the fun part of building a car. The little projects that you can see and give that little shot of "accomplishment". Looks good.

John
Old 04-13-2013, 04:40 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Thanks John and Brian! Kept me out of the cold! I need to finish the framework for the steel tilt frontend, but I'm getting sidetracked. Need to ponder the job a bit longer!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:18 AM

I have already filled my new workbench with stuff , work in progress . got my headlight relays working , and remembered the talk about period correct , listening to the oldies music and took this pic . not sure how old the sun equipment is but anolog gauges look the part ... playing with camera

Last edited by mikesnyhere; 04-14-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 AM

BB 427 that falcon has the look of a bad to the bone drag strip killer !!! ... greyscale . this is so original it still has clutch heads all over ! I don't have any of those tools yet . if I change the engine it would be simple , powerpak factory 4 brrl quadrojet and some early corvette valve covers . a lot of people say put an alternator in , pyt a Camaro front end etc . I like it just the way it is , even the steering and drum brake are getting better with adjustments .

Last edited by mikesnyhere; 04-14-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:00 AM

ok one more . you know the music from late 50's I know most of these songs , and still like them a lot ....coulnt you just see some cuffed 501's with some chuck taylors in this one !
Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Dry Heat

Last journal entry: along the weird tale..
Last photo:

I repaired or tried a repair on an old tank..needs to be welded on seam and bracket.. Better though..I found an NOS tank for $200..so..needed some minor alterations for gas line and mounting.. Tomorrow it goes in..
Glad I have bags..so I could raise it..enough to not need jack stands..

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Trivia thread | - »