The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 214 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Got a few more accesorys installed ,gave more room on steering shaft ,about an inch additional ,added a Tach ,Also an Original air filter has some pitting but it does not look as bad as the picture and for the cost of a replacement ,I will have to run it for now,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ACCESORYS 003.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	73307   Click image for larger version

Name:	ACCESORYS 002.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	73308   Click image for larger version

Name:	ACCESORYS 004.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	73309   Click image for larger version

Name:	ACCESORYS 005.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	73310  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Got a few more accesorys installed ,gave more room on steering shaft ,about an inch additional ,added a Tach ,Also an Original air filter has some pitting but it does not look as bad as the picture and for the cost of a replacement ,I will have to run it for now,
Looks fantastic! Love BBC power!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 PM

Last photo:

Picked up my new slicks from Hurst Racing Rubber today! Got them mounted up, and then came home and chopped up my wheelwells!

Then I played with fitting my Mercedes front fender lips to the top edge to finish off the openings:
Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 PM

Last photo:

NASTY weather today!

Power was out most of the day. Ran generator. Painted the fuel tank with a couple of spray bombs and cleaned/bead blasted/checked the sending unit.

My new BOBcam CAD-CAM discs came today so I watched the basics/setups. Now I will have to finish the CNC plasma table I started during the winter.. Those programs are good but not cheap!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Can you run the tires without John Law on your case, those flares are going to look great will clear body moulding if you leave it on .I would.I have a MGB convertible I probable will be running an LS engine in it ,I looked at another MG with Dodge Omni or Plymouth horizon fender flares cut about 5 in above fender lip they flared out about 3 in,looked Good on it ,don't know how they eould look on something else ,,
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Can you run the tires without John Law on your case, those flares are going to look great will clear body moulding if you leave it on .I would.I have a MGB convertible I probable will be running an LS engine in it ,I looked at another MG with Dodge Omni or Plymouth horizon fender flares cut about 5 in above fender lip they flared out about 3 in,looked Good on it ,don't know how they eould look on something else ,,
We are lucky here with hotrods and the laws. In the late 1990's Oregon passed hotrod law legislation that exempts many cars that fall into the hotrod classification from certain rules that daily drivers have. Since this car is licensed with permanent "special use" original year 1963 plates, the law wont bother me. At least if I'm driving sanely, and not acting like an idiot.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:06 AM
Drag Racing Lover

Last journal entry: '68 Impala Project
Last photo:

Quote:
Looks great!! You have got the correct breather and could even have it rechromed when money permits. New stickers and you're in like flin.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 AM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Thanks, I am going to check on rechrome if they can do the top side only ,cant chrome the bottom side as it has the AC logo and numbers stamped there,it wold destroy the value if they were covered ,This engine will go back in my 66 Chevelle SS probably 2 yrs, after I get the new engine built for my truck,i am running in truck to keep it loosened up,I have a Weiand 671 blower and a Vintage Crager 671 blower to go on my new engine for the truck,still need to find an 671 intake would like to find a used one for the Crager to match the look,or a polished for the Weiand. where is mascot what bigger town close.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 AM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Thanks, I am going to check on rechrome if they can do the top side only ,cant chrome the bottom side as it has the AC logo and numbers stamped there,it wold destroy the value if they were covered ,This engine will go back in my 66 Chevelle SS probably 2 yrs, after I get the new engine built for my truck,i am running in truck to keep it loosened up,I have a Weiand 671 blower and a Vintage Crager 671 blower to go on my new engine for the truck,still need to find an 671 intake would like to find a used one for the Crager to match the look,or a polished for the Weiand. where is mascot what bigger town close.
Rechroming the cover would involve dipping it in a solution to disolve the existing chrome. Obviously, no decal will survive that...

Shoulda put the preformed by-pass hose on before bolting up the intake or water pump. They can be a bear to squeeze on now......not that I would have any experience with that.....
Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 AM

Last photo:

I spent more time finishing the seat mount install and painting them.

Then I turned to initial mock-up of the Vintage Air evap location. I've already cut and welded one of the brackets to clear the cowl vent drain tube and fabbed another across the front to locate that support brace away from other things. I know it's a "universal" case but not very well thought out, in my self-centered opinion... I need to look in the hose kit box to see if they include any form of bulkhead accomodation or if I need to get a bulkhead plate for all the hoses to pass thru.

I took a couple pics but will wait till I get a few more to explain my thoughts on the bracket relocations. The new blanket of snow is making it hard to get excited about hot rods right now...
Old 04-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Rechroming the cover would involve dipping it in a solution to disolve the existing chrome. Obviously, no decal will survive that...

Shoulda put the preformed by-pass hose on before bolting up the intake or water pump. They can be a bear to squeeze on now......not that I would have any experience with that.....
Yea yhat hose can be a problem ,I bought a pre formed hose from Ecklers Corvette should go on eaiser, i normaly take a piece of 3/4 hose 4,5/8 in long,it works fairly easy if you put it in hot water first,,i was not worried about decal but underneath the lid the metal is stamped from the factory with an part # and AC Delco I don't want covered up,i can buy a repo but don't want one of those Chinese chrome jobs,,i have been rushing to try to get mine finished by July, I forgot to leave holes for my Vintage Air,

Last edited by 496CHEVY3100; 04-19-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Yea yhat hose can be a problem ,I bought a pre formed hose from Ecklers Corvette should go on eaiser, i normaly take a piece of 3/4 hose 4,5/8 in long,it works fairly easy if you put it in hot water first
I've never had much trouble with that hose on a long water pump, but a short pump is impossible!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
I've never had much trouble with that hose on a long water pump, but a short pump is impossible!
Remove one of the nipples, apply a tiny bit of lube to it, slip the hose on and tighten the nipple by rotating in the hose.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Installed dash trim and several other parts today.Still like a few parts.LOL now I need to find a banjo sterring wheel,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	73320   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	73321  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM

Last photo:

Another cold, wet, windy, nasty day.

Made two lifting fixtures from old square tubing. Bolt to firewall and another behind rear window. So I can remove body from frame with cherry picker.

Lifted body up about an inch on front . Found a hidden body mount bolt that will have to be removed. Wind was shaking the building and rain was making so much noise on the metal roof that I couldn't hear the radio. so I closed up early

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Trivia thread | - »