The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 227 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Went to a garbage - er, that is, I meant to say GARAGE sale yesterday.

Scored a power driven (hugely gear reduced) hacksaw for $20.00 and an industrial belt-sander with a built-in disc grinder/sander for another $40.00.

Took 3 of us to load the sander/grinder into my pickup - thankfully it's on castors!

Tested them both out - work great!

Today, I was lazy - got up late and then turned on the NASCAR race. It wasn't until it was way too late that I remembered that there was a huge car show happening at the high school two blocks away! (Now if I could just remember to take my memory pills.....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Registered

Wiki Edits: 0

Good finds!! Especially the grinder ive been pining for a wheel sander for years!!
I havent worked on the truck in 3 days. Been too busy on the net trying to find a grill. I did paint our little bbq grill (it fits us because its just us 2 and we rarely bbq) black and yellow the hawkeyes team colors. I even painted the little white walls on the plastic wheels yellow lol. I was supposed to color key my glasses and my phone to match the truck but idk what happened actually lol.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

I didn't work on the cars all weekend, except some cleaning on the Austin. We had a Friday night cruise in, then Sat. open house at a friend's shop, and Sunday morning monthly hotrodder's breakfast. Lots of great 80's weather, so all were well attended.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
Went to a garbage - er, that is, I meant to say GARAGE sale yesterday.

Today, I was lazy - got up late and then turned on the NASCAR race. It wasn't until it was way too late that I remembered that there was a huge car show happening at the high school two blocks away! (Now if I could just remember to take my memory pills.....)
Memory pills! I knew there was something I was supposed to do. Went to see the grandkids this weekend. Found my own way home. Couldn't remember where I put the Garmin.

John L
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM

Last photo:

Swap meets sat and sun. Feeling old today. Used to do three swaps a weekend. Barely made it thru the sunday GM tech center swap and it was not as big as usual..Got new sticks of Stude window channels and fuzzies

Worked briefly on the Stude frame. Picked up a set of new hot coated fenderwell headers on sunday. Patriot BBC 2" tube for 55-57 chebbie. $180.00. Looks like they will give me more front tire room than the 2 1/8" ones mocked up on the car. Decided the floor is getting unbearable in the area around the car. Broom time!!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 PM

what did u work on today

still pluggin away on the engine run in stand. got the motor mounts welded in place ,, battery tray and bell housing mounted. rad is there. Now to dig out the 267 ,start it and sell it. I really need to build the rotisserie for the 52 next. Anybody got any ideas on tires,, it needs to travel over uneven gravel , was thinkin of wheelbarrow .. would they work thanks Jim
Old 05-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Golf Cart tires and wheels are cheap at the local course ,and with thick sidewalls will support lots of weight,there are many golf cart customizers who take off new tires and wheels to replace with nobby when they install lift kits ,I bought 4 to make a cart to go behind my lawn tractor for 10 dollars each,used.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Memory pills! I knew there was something I was supposed to do. Couldn't remember where I put the Garmin.

John L
Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:

I have used wheelbarrow wheels/tires for several projects including supporting the swinging gates (They are swingers? Really? Kinky! ) and for my log splitter. They will support a few hundred pounds each

Never thought of golf car tires & wheels - sounds like a good idea!

There are others as well - for garden carts etc. There are even some at Horrible Fright!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Pulled apart the wheel cylinders, front ones anyway, on my 68 caddy. I think I can rebuild the passenger side one. The drivers side has a bit of pitting and a replacement should only be 20 or so with shipping from rock auto. Did this Saturday and decided today on replacement. May redo the passenger one tomorrow evening.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
Swap meets sat and sun. Feeling old today. Used to do three swaps a weekend. Barely made it thru the sunday GM tech center swap and it was not as big as usual..Got new sticks of Stude window channels and fuzzies

Worked briefly on the Stude frame. Picked up a set of new hot coated fenderwell headers on sunday. Patriot BBC 2" tube for 55-57 chebbie. $180.00. Looks like they will give me more front tire room than the 2 1/8" ones mocked up on the car. Decided the floor is getting unbearable in the area around the car. Broom time!!
I'm running those same headers on my Falcon gasser build! I paid $20 more new from Speedway, so you got a decent deal!
Same thing here with the floor! I hooked up my Warn receiver winch on the back of my '69 Suburban and hauled the Falcon outside today, so I could give the work area a good cleaning!

Then I rolled it back in with the help of the previous owner, and dropped the new gas tank in that came while I was cleaning. Bent up my new fuel line and got it strapped to the frame also! Then I got out my die grinder and started polishing up the tunnel ram that's going on the 454 in the Falcon.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:

John - if you could remember to take the memory pills - you wouldn't need 'em!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Registered

Yesterday I clamped up another variatiion of the exhaust and drove around a bit to test it...its ok needs tuning but I think its finally a good direction to go with now just need some headerss, thinking about going doug thorley. I also snapped the drivers side end link on the front sway bar...doesnt surprise me 80% of everything on the underside is rust. Gives me a good reason to get the hellwig bar :-D. I also somehow managed to *break* the hvac knobs. I was at a stop light n took off a lil bit and one of em flew off....its not broken or anything and is actually a pretty tight fit to put on...I got a chuckle out of it.
Oh yeah I pending sold a forgotten project car either a couple hundred bucks or a trade for a 327. Meeting is this saturday to go over it all well see but prob just goin with the cash...for my grillework...whenever I find one that is.

So far today (since 12:00 A.M) I have color keyed my glasses to match the truck. Yeah I know silly especially since she is no where near completed but yeah.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Registered

Yesterday I clamped up another variatiion of the exhaust and drove around a bit to test it...its ok needs tuning but I think its finally a good direction to go with now just need some headerss, thinking about going doug thorley. I also snapped the drivers side end link on the front sway bar...doesnt surprise me 80% of everything on the underside is rust. Gives me a good reason to get the hellwig bar :-D. I also somehow managed to *break* the hvac knobs. I was at a stop light n took off a lil bit and one of em flew off....its not broken or anything and is actually a pretty tight fit to put on...I got a chuckle out of it.
Oh yeah I pending sold a forgotten project car either a couple hundred bucks or a trade for a 327. Meeting is this saturday to go over it all well see but prob just goin with the cash...for my grillework...whenever I find one that is.

So far today (since 12:00 A.M) I have color keyed my glasses to match the truck. Yeah I know silly especially since she is no where near completed but yeah.

EDIT:::: I apologize for the double post I dont know what happened. Please delete this one, I tried every button seeing if I could maybe delete my own posts but to no avail worth a shot type of thing didnt think I would be able to but still tried.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:20 AM

Last photo:

"Then I got out my die grinder and started polishing up the tunnel ram"

That was another thing I aquired. four bbl top
(plenum). Now I have three tops for the Weiand tunnel ram. Single 4bbl. two 4bbl. and 2 4500 carb tops. Dang you hoarder!!

I know the single 4bbl. top has terrible flow characteristics, but dang.. A 850 vac secondary carb with a three port injector type scoop poking thru the hood.. Very streetable.. me thinks..

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.