The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 244 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yeah really! I hear ya, I am dying to do something of more substance but if you are waiting around for Brian on Hotrodders to show you some of his real work, I suggest you go down to the local mall and look for a new life because yours is pretty funky.

Brian
it would be like waiting for pigs to fly. just trying to throw you some motivation to get the truck rolling.

Advertisement

Last edited by tech69; 05-27-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
it would be like waiting for pigs to fly. just trying to throw you some motivation to get the truck rolling.
Yeah I know you are just trying to motivate me to get my truck shining. One nut and bolt a time, I will, believe me I went out there and am starting my planning and it is firing me up big time to be working on it after all these years. I have some photos of me working on it that I can't wait to re-create with my gray hair. It's been 40 years since I first chopped the top on it! Friggin wild, absolutely wild to think about. Thanks for the nudge, but I am ready to go believe me. I am going to putting other stuff aside that I should be doing to work on it believe me.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
tech69 (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Last photo:

But really, go out and play with your daughter don't be staring at the computer waiting for Brian on Hotrodders to post that he is working on his truck, your life is much more than that I hope!

Brian
Old 05-27-2013, 09:52 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

I got a minute or two to nudge away at you before she woke but now I gotta continue my mission to find a bike trailer and baby helmet for under $50. She's gonna love it.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I got a minute or two to nudge away at you before she woke but now I gotta continue my mission to find a bike trailer and baby helmet for under $50. She's gonna love it.
Now we are talking!

Brian
Old 05-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
Worked on plumbing the brakes, almost done. Need an adapter for the M/C rear port 1/2" invert to 3/16" invert line.. Went to three McParts stores to get the front/rear port adapters. Blank stares! Whats it in? "59 Studebaker with an aftermkt aluminum dual chamber !" bore master".. One poor girl just said "here look in these drawers"... Just standard stuff.. Big guy at another store says he'd never seen one before.. They all had the exact same inventory of fittings.
I had to re-use front fitting from an old core.. It was missing the rear adapter.. I'll have to wait till my "real" parts store opens tuesday..
Those brake adapter fittings can be pretty confusing, as they often use a mix of "bolt thread" and "tube diameter" in their descriptions.

I *think* you need Weatherhead #7909 which is 5/16" Tube Inverted (1/2"-20 thread) to 3/16" Tube Inverted (3/8-24 thread)

PDF of page 125 attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Page125.pdf (56.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-27-2013, 06:32 PM

Last photo:

Yes, thats it. Thanks, now I have the number.. Saved the file. Thanks again..
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Last wiki edit: How to make a custom dashboard
Last journal entry: Interior Tin
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Finally got some work done on my hot rod project, and posted some pics in my journal for the first time in a while. My daughter took a break from studying for exams and welded in the back of the cage and tacked in the 4 link bars. Feels good to get out in the garage again.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Well if you're worried about the 1/4's, how about taking a couple of trash bags and and taping them onto the inside of the panel then filling them with expandable foam.
Take them out when cured and finish the side you can see flat.
Attach some kind of material that you like to the surface you can see when the piece is installed and there you go. You now have a partially sound deadened trunk with protection against 1/4 panel damage.

BB
Old 05-27-2013, 10:18 PM

Last photo:

That is an interesting idea BB, I think I will do as I have with some other things and get some dense foam and cut it thinner so it slips into the areas along the bottom and front of the quarter so it tucks in and holds in place.

Brian
Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM

Last photo:

Well today, the Gran Sport got washed and paste waxed. It is ready to this next weekend the way it is but I am going to try to get the wheel opening mouldings done, if they are done fine, if not that is fine too.

Brian
Old 05-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
It wasn't, the old Gunk and Berryman chem dip have been regulated out by our gummit..
All you had to do was smell Chem dip once and you remember the smell your entire life. Potent stuff, but it actually cleaned..

Kleen-Flo (Canada only?) still has the "good stuff".
We stock a 4L size #651 at our store, and yeah ... it is so pungent that it comes from our warehouse wrapped in a cello bag. You can still smell it from about 6 feet away.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Years ago I was taking a Aircraft PowerPlant repair course working towards obtaining my A & P. I was cleaning engine part in a chemical dip called Torx or Touque or something like that and a wrist pin from a radial engine we were rebuilding slipped out of the basket into the drum. We fished for about half a hour with bent wire and magnet and everything else we could think of to no avail. The darned pin must have weighed 3 or 4our pounds and was just too heavy. The only way to retrieve it was to stick my arm in and grab it. So in preparation all the doors in the path to the washroom were held open , the water was turned on in the sink, passing people were held back, prayers were said , my will was notarized and I was ready to go! In my arm went and off I went . Grabbed it, dropped it into the basket and ran like heck. Scrubbed and scrubbed clean as a whistle. I was slapped on the back, fist bumped, high fived and generally congratulated. As I remember there was some talk of a award being presented and perhaps a national day being proclaimed ( I'll admit I might be a little hazy about that) but I do remember seeing admiration in the eyes of passing models and cheerleaders. I was pretty darned pleased with myself!

The next day all the skin peeled off my arm.
Some of that stuff needed to be regulated!

BB
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

I didn't do any "work" on this, other than drive the car to a local exhaust shop. The tail pipes ended just past the rrear axle, under the trunk floor... It was loud and smelled of exhaust inside. I had new extensions bent and stainless tips welded on. Way quieter inside too....

It took about 6 ft of tube, 2 stainless tips and an hour of labor to bend, fit and weld.

Total cost..........

$75.00......
Old 05-28-2013, 10:47 AM

Last photo:

Looks great, I dig those cars.

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.