The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 25 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Finally made it to South Central Texas. Nothing like towing a car down the interstate for 300 miles of snow and ice. Wound up stopping every 15 miles or so to remove the ice from the wiper blades and when we stopped for fuel, I removed a quarter inch ice mold of the entire grill of our truck. My hands hurt from gripping the steering wheel so hard for the 5+ hours of freezing rain before we finally worked our way out of it. The good news is we only saw two roll-overs... east bound. Don't know how many there were west bound. What a fun day..... NOT!

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: Try again
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Finally made it to South Central Texas. Nothing like towing a car down the interstate for 300 miles of snow and ice. Wound up stopping every 15 miles or so to remove the ice from the wiper blades and when we stopped for fuel, I removed a quarter inch ice mold of the entire grill of our truck. My hands hurt from gripping the steering wheel so hard for the 5+ hours of freezing rain before we finally worked our way out of it. The good news is we only saw two roll-overs... east bound. Don't know how many there were west bound. What a fun day..... NOT!

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
glad you made it OK
Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I fired my son's Hotrod up today for the first time...... Man !!!! the look on his face was PRICELESS !!!!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I fired my son's Hotrod up today for the first time...... Man !!!! the look on his face was PRICELESS !!!!!!
Cool !!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:24 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low n' 51ow
I worked on some visualization for my overall concept. Lowered, skirted, and wishing for the whole ball of wax, possibly shaved and chopped....Anyone been ambitious enough to chop a 4 door??
Oh and I've been laughing at my daughters looking through my parts catalogs and hot rod mags.......the things kids come up with!!
Hey! No fair son. It took me three weekends just to channel the front on mine and I'm still not done. At least you can try different looks on that gizmo. It would take me longer to figure out how to use that picture voodoo stuff than it takes me just to do it. LOL Dad
Old 02-12-2012, 09:46 PM

Last photo:

Yesterday I didn't get too much done. Just couldn't get up much steam. The rear end was still not done @%^$&)*&#*^%, but it should be sometime this week. I got AC compressor mount figured out some, and tried to mock up the radiator shell to match the 4" channel job. Hard to get anything going, too cold, wearing two coats in the garage!
Today I decided I had to get motivated somehow, so I moved the wife's car out of the garage for some room and got to it! I made a new fan shroud for the radiator and stood it off about 3/4" for better flow. Put on the bottom pulley for the blower and checked to see how fan & radiator would fit. Went back to the floor bracing and added some for under the seat rails in the front and for the outside by the door openings for the channeled floor. I decided I would think POSITIVE about the rear end and I put the ladder bars back under the car. A lot better day than yesterday at least. Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1610.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	62919   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1615.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	62920   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1618.JPG
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	62921   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1614.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	62922   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1611.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	62923  

Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,325 Times in 1,149 Posts
Looking good Bob, I know how you feel. Today I dragged myself around and between me being lazy and my sons computer he's building (damn thing won't fire up) I didn't get out there until late, but still got something done that I am happy about. I had a little stumbling block in that I didn't know where to start with my dash. I went thru all the boxes and thru the MANY extra parts and came up with the ones I am going to restore for my dash.

My God, when I first got this car the wrecking yards were full of them! I remember going to a Pull ur Part yard and finding FOUR of them! With one even being a Gran Sport. I took a lot of parts from them in anticipation of restoring my car. Now I have boxes of parts to pick thru. or is it

I have five instrument clusters, dozens of switches, knobs and what not. I do have an NOS Buick parking brake indicator light kit, and emergency flasher kit.

But I am ready to go tomorrow night attacking the dash!

Brian
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_2199.JPG
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	62924   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2198.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	362.7 KB
ID:	62925   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2195.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	62926  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:11 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Looking good Bob, I know how you feel. Today I dragged myself around and between me being lazy and my sons computer he's building (damn thing won't fire up) I didn't get out there until late, but still got something done that I am happy about. I had a little stumbling block in that I didn't know where to start with my dash. I went thru all the boxes and thru the MANY extra parts and came up with the ones I am going to restore for my dash.

My God, when I first got this car the wrecking yards were full of them! I remember going to a Pull ur Part yard and finding FOUR of them! With one even being a Gran Sport. I took a lot of parts from them in anticipation of restoring my car. Now I have boxes of parts to pick thru. or is it

I have five instrument clusters, dozens of switches, knobs and what not. I do have an NOS Buick parking brake indicator light kit, and emergency flasher kit.

But I am ready to go tomorrow night attacking the dash!

Brian
Thanks, Brian. From the looks of your bins, parts bags, etc. I could use some of your organizational skills. I feel like I've really accomplished something just by keeping the parts from this project away from the parts from my other project. Good thing it's a Ford & this ones a Chevy! LOL
Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

Spinner wrench,,,the brass hammer is just too dam crude dude,,,then I went for a valley tour in the roadster to get mix which I used later to make something else from scratch
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_0369.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	62927   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0379.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	62928  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: Try again
Last photo:

Quote:
its alive
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
TERRIFIC!! Now he's going to work your butt off to get that thing on the road. LOL I'm glad you two are enjoying this, it's very neat to follow along! Bob
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetKruzer
Yesterday I didn't get too much done. Just couldn't get up much steam. The rear end was still not done @%^$&)*&#*^%, but it should be sometime this week. I got AC compressor mount figured out some, and tried to mock up the radiator shell to match the 4" channel job. Hard to get anything going, too cold, wearing two coats in the garage!
Today I decided I had to get motivated somehow, so I moved the wife's car out of the garage for some room and got to it! I made a new fan shroud for the radiator and stood it off about 3/4" for better flow. Put on the bottom pulley for the blower and checked to see how fan & radiator would fit. Went back to the floor bracing and added some for under the seat rails in the front and for the outside by the door openings for the channeled floor. I decided I would think POSITIVE about the rear end and I put the ladder bars back under the car. A lot better day than yesterday at least. Bob
Good job, allot can happen when you get the wifes car out and make some room. Problem starts when she needs to scrape windows with her credit card her problem at least
Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,325 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
I didn't see you over here, yes that is a BIGIE for the day that's for sure! If he thinks hearing it is awesome, wait until he takes his first drive in it!

Brian
Old 02-12-2012, 10:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom10
Good job, allot can happen when you get the wifes car out and make some room. Problem starts when she needs to scrape windows with her credit card her problem at least
I know what you mean! We have an understanding: She understands I'm going to use "her" stall for some room............ and I understand I damn well better put "baby" back in when I'm done so "baby" doesn't have to spend the night outside.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 PM

Last photo:

Yeah I told her she needs a command start too warm up her car in the AM.

She said "sure honey how about we just save some money on that remote control system,,,then I command U to get out there at -30 and start it up in the AM" Command start my arse,,,

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.