Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#5,241 ·
You can't use those 292s in a truck. They only work well in a 53 or 54 Chevy. Do you have a pallet to put it on? I will pay the shipping. :D

John
Spent the last few days cleaning up around shop,and getting cars and trucks ready to sell ,insurance co said I had to many so I will have to sell some or build more buildings or sheds//

kind of an odd situation if I keep the cars my insurance goes up over three fold
if I build more building TAXES go up'
my policy only covers 12 vehicles ,so I guess something will have to go.:mad::mad::mad::mad::evil:
DAVID !!!! I have a win-win-win solution to your problem. John wants one of my 292's and I will take one of those problem vehicles off your hands for you. You work out the cost of the '66 Chevelle with John and I will give him the 292 FREE AND deliver it when I come down for the Chevelle....:D:D:D:D:D

#5,243 ·
DAVID !!!! I have a win-win-win solution to your problem. John wants one of my 292's and I will take one of those problem vehicles off your hands for you. You work out the cost of the '66 Chevelle with John and I will give him the 292 FREE AND deliver it when I come down for the Chevelle....:D:D:D:D:D
David, I am offering you 150 dollars for that Chevelle right now. TMP will be down to pick it up.... Done deal everyone? :D

John

#5,247 ·
The Chevelle is in the shop so it don't count ,,also it needs restoring:D
If it didn't need work I could have offered more.

Push it outside and put something else in its place. Needing restoration is the only reason we, John and I, can afford it....:D

Agreed!

And John, really, only $150 for a RARE, hard to find 292....:confused:
You set up the deal here. Your dog is not hunting in this deal. What I give David is between him and me. :thumbup::p:drunk::D

#5,254 ·
Damn flat

Bill, I will need to sand it or clean it up to be able to see. But Honestly, it's damn flat.

Brian
Roger that Brian, after all you can see what it really looks like and truth be known you are the only one you have to satisfy. Me, I'm just being knosey and would like to see more pictures of your ride. I'm so busy with my garage I no for mine.

Good luck and good welding :welcome:
Bill

#5,255 ·
Roger that Brian, after all you can see what it really looks like and truth be known you are the only one you have to satisfy. Me, I'm just being knosey and would like to see more pictures of your ride. I'm so busy with my garage I no for mine.

Good luck and good welding :welcome:
Bill
I haven't touched it since those previous photos and after mowing the lawns last night I ran in there and took this photo.

Brian

#5,257 ·
The day started off with a kid getting killed by a garbage truck right outside our work so that's not good. RIP

finished up the corvette hood and it's ready for primer. This was the most tedious repair on that car cause theoretically he should have just gotten another hood and I had to deal with tops/sides/bottom and so it was a lot of glassing to get it right. I'm confident in the repairs, especially the ones on the edges that required the most work.

#5,260 ·
It would've been difficult for me to stay there after that.
Condolences to the family....:(
I hear ya, holy cow. There was a 12 year old killed a few days ago riding his bike to school in a town near me. When I saw where it happened I was so PISSED at his parents, what in the living hell were they thinking letting him ride his little bike along that stretch of road! It's a main road between towns with no bike lane! A strip of asphalt between farms with a crown in the middle, you know what I mean? Just a little shoulder with cars going by inches away at fifty, what in the living hell were they thinking!

Brian