Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#5,482 ·
Had to replace the pinion seal on the 8.8" Ford in my Falcon today. I knew it was going to go, as it was damp when I pulled it at the wrecking yard earlier this year. Just figured it would be way easier to change in the car than on the ground, and it was.
I got it out and swapped, and was a bit surprised that it went together as easily as it did. Marked the flange, nut, pinion, and took measurements, and it went right back where it started once the seal was in. Now I wont have to clean up the dark spot on the driveway every few weeks!

#5,485 ·
Family stuff today. Today is Canadian Thanksgiving, so I am just sitting here, wishing I hadn't stuffed my pie hole with so much turkey & all the related fixin's

So much to be thankful & grateful for
Well Happy Thanksgiving to ALL the Canadian members...:thumbup:

I'm seeing a corrolation here.....much to be thankful for = much turkey to consume...:D

I'll put that to use on Nov 28th.

#5,486 · (Edited)

Attachments

#5,490 ·
This year I was thinking of having paper bags full of dog poop on the porch that light themselves on fire (via remote) when someone walks by....:mwink::mwink:
LOL...Mike, I've found that if you treat these mutants like crap all year, you don't have to put the crap in a bag and light them by remote control, often they don't show up...on the other hand pay back can be a BEACH...LOL

Ray

#5,494 ·
I was cutting material off the Camaro today and went to get a new cut off wheel (I just sat down a new box full) and couldn't find them :confused: :mad: :eek: :pain: I looked every where LOL And started finding things I lost years ago LOL (pics of these treasures to follow) My garages are a mess and stuff is every where LOL :evil: so I started cleaning up and after 4 hrs. it still was a mess LOL and still no cut off wheels :confused: :eek: so I called it a day and went in the house to relax and next to my chair and coffee cup from this morning was a new "BOX OF CUT OFF WHEELS":pain::mad::eek: LOL :D

Jester

The treasures I did find LOL Ive had those rings and yard stick since the 60s.

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/att...ttachmentid=89554&stc=1&d=1381897510381897510
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=89578&stc=1&d=1381897510

Attachments

#5,498 · (Edited)
Cool stuff, those keys with the car on them are AWESOME!

Brian
Their 1950 Baby Lincoln dealer keys with code on the metal tab it says on the tab to record and detach :) The Ford leather key holder is cool and like brand new! The keys in the tumbler have the same car on them. I saw a lot of those keys when I worked at the dealerships, and never gave a thought about them then :confused: now years later I wonder what they represented at the time (maybe a Ford or Merc. concept car) they are Original (OEM) Ford (American) 1949-50 and Original (OEM) Lincoln/Mercury, 1949-50.

maybe John Long will know:confused:

Jester:welcome: