The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 277 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Yeah, or pics of gassers!
And he got a bunch, did you see them? That was very nice of him to do that for us. MSRA Back to the 50's

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 08:53 PM

Last photo:

Today I didn't do much on the truck as I was digging out some stuff to put on eBay. I REALLY need to get rid of the stuff from the Rambler and the Gran Sport now that they are done (sort of) and I have a crap load of stuff that I can make a few bucks on to spend on the truck.

But one of the things I was looking for was the top of the door that I cut off when I sectioned it back 20 years ago. God how time flies!

Anyway, the all the time passing there was also the little fact that I closed down my shop and moved and so on. Over the last few days I was thinking about the top of that door and where the heck was it. I got to freaking out that I had lost it. I went out this morning looking where I thought it was and found nothing. So I kept looking and digging in my shed and found it! WHOOO HOOO, not only did I find it, I found two others that I can't even remember where I got them! How in the heck could I have cut the tops off two doors and not know where it was? Damn this getting old sucks!

I had to ask my brother the other day about where I got the 1/2 ton frame for it back in 79ish I couldn't remember. He told me the story, a crazy story about where it was behind some furniture store here in town,a rolling chassis that he helped me tow home! I STILL don't remember this! Damn it's scary forgetting things like that.

Brian
Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
How in the heck could I have cut the tops off two doors and not know where it was? Damn this getting old sucks!

I had to ask my brother the other day about where I got the 1/2 ton frame for it back in 79ish I couldn't remember. He told me the story, a crazy story about where it was behind some furniture store here in town,a rolling chassis that he helped me tow home! I STILL don't remember this! Damn it's scary forgetting things like that.

Brian
You're way too young to be having these memory issues. Why when I was your age I could remember anything, even if it didn't happen...

Actually, I know the feeling all too well...
Old 06-22-2013, 09:38 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
And he got a bunch, did you see them? That was very nice of him to do that for us. MSRA Back to the 50's

Brian
Yeah! Way more than we have at a 1,000-1500 car cruise in!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
You're way too young to be having these memory issues. Why when I was your age I could remember anything, even if it didn't happen...

Actually, I know the feeling all too well...
I have a good friend who had a stroke a few years ago. He says he doesn't mind that his memory has gone to pot but he just hates that his imagination keeps filling in the blanks.

John
Old 06-22-2013, 11:12 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I have a good friend who had a stroke a few years ago. He says he doesn't mind that his memory has gone to pot but he just hates that his imagination keeps filling in the blanks.

John
Mine just leaves the blanks! The only thing good about it are surprises and hearing about something that you did that sounds pretty cool. I keep a collection of tickets to shows I have been to and write a little note on the back about where I ate dinner or lunch that day, who I went with that sort of thing. I was looking at them one day as I emptied out the spot where I keep them into a treasure box to put away and I came across one from my fifth wedding anniversary where we went to Bodega Bay (yes from the movie "Birds" fame). A note on a ticket was how we went to get a drink at some little club and there was a guitarist, a little solo acoustic act. I asked if I could do a song and got up there with the guys (or gal, I don't remember) guitar and played and sang a song to my wife! I didn't remember this! I still don't, don't remember what song, don't remember a thing. That SUCKS!

Brian
Old 06-23-2013, 06:09 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
I didn't remember this! I still don't, don't remember what song, don't remember a thing. That SUCKS!

Brian
My ole lady got mad because she thought I forgot our anniversary,I had to think quick...then said .....We're married?????.....Well,I thought it was funny......
Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
My ole lady got mad because she thought I forgot our anniversary,I had to think quick...then said .....We're married?????.....Well,I thought it was funny......

Here you go, here is the trick to that, you make sure you put something with your wedding date up in your house! Do it today, surprise her, I have our glasses from our wedding toasts with the date engraved on them. If I read it as I walk by once in a while just so that date is stuck in my head. It is coming in a week too!

Brian
Old 06-23-2013, 02:53 PM

Last photo:

I don't need to remember everything; I can make up the part I forget!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Barb and I made an agreement. We each only have to remember half of everything. We can combine our knowledge and still remember it all. The only problem is Barbara keeps remembering the wrong half.

John
Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Barb and I made an agreement. We each only have to remember half of everything. We can combine our knowledge and still remember it all. The only problem is Barbara keeps remembering the wrong half.

John
Must be different than my wife! After over 35 years, she still remembers everything I did wrong, and half off what I did right!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1971BB427 For This Useful Post:
John long (06-23-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

It took all afternoon to get a broken pulley off a lawnmower. At first there was enough left of the broken pulley for the three jaw puller to get a bite but it kept bending and eventually it started to pull off the shaft. Eventually I had to weld tabs on it to get the puller to bite. It was really rusted on tight.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:47 PM

Last photo:

Yesterday I spent the day on a house project (that is a weekend job that's taking many months) and digging thru stuff to put on ebay. Spent another few hours this morning putting it on. I don't care about getting the money as much as just getting rid of it! Though it's nice to have the money for my projects that I don't have to take from the house money. Selling off all the extras I had for the Rambler and the Gran Sport.

But I have to put in that five minutes! So yesterday I just did a little repair on the floor.

Today, I had the pleasure of going to my nephews Eagle Scout Court of Honor ceremony that came FIRST. A great kid raised by a single mom.

After that, I got a little time into the truck. I cut out the inner structure on the roof around the rear window. It was just rough cut when I started the chop in anticipation of doing what I am doing. The inner structure needs so much modification I rather cut it out to do.

I have to tell you, this Spitnagle Spot weld driller works like magic, literally removing the weld like you are unbolting it.

The goofy one you see at the top of the photo is where the pilot tip broke off and it walked.

I picked up some cut off discs at the Hardware store and they had larger 3" diameter ones, at the same price. I picked one up to see how it may be used and found it is killer. I needed a deeper cut to get a hidden flange cut and without it I couldn't have done it, very cool.

After cutting this out and making a few more measurements I have decided I will be un-chopping it a half inch. This will give me the perfect fit for the rear window. I am going to put the stock rear window and it will match the 3.5 inch chopped corner glass perfectly.

Doing this will allow me to use the whole inside piece over to the quarter windows and only one splice along the bottom below the window.

I am so darn tired from yesterday I could go to sleep right now for the night. But I WILL get my five minutes in every day.

Brian
Old 06-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Yesterday I spent the day on a house project (that is a weekend job that's taking many months) and digging thru stuff to put on ebay. Spent another few hours this morning putting it on. I don't care about getting the money as much as just getting rid of it! Though it's nice to have the money for my projects that I don't have to take from the house money. Selling off all the extras I had for the Rambler and the Gran Sport.

But I have to put in that five minutes! So yesterday I just did a little repair on the floor.

Today, I had the pleasure of going to my nephews Eagle Scout Court of Honor ceremony that came FIRST. A great kid raised by a single mom.

After that, I got a little time into the truck. I cut out the inner structure on the roof around the rear window. It was just rough cut when I started the chop in anticipation of doing what I am doing. The inner structure needs so much modification I rather cut it out to do.

I have to tell you, this Spitnagle Spot weld driller works like magic, literally removing the weld like you are unbolting it.

The goofy one you see at the top of the photo is where the pilot tip broke off and it walked.

I am so darn tired from yesterday I could go to sleep right now for the night. But I WILL get my five minutes in every day.

Brian
Lynn Yearwood would be really proud of you..... Me too

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (06-23-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Last photo:

Nice work Brian! That's a lot of work for 5 minutes!

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Trivia thread | - »