The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 28 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
It's slow, not to low.....yet.

Last journal entry: 1951 Styleline DeLuxe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetKruzer
Absolutely! I tried way back when to train the kids to eat grass, that didn't work. Now they're gone and although my wife is really frugal, those "neccessities" still eat up the dollars, etc. No rich relatives, or friends, or generous enemies so I guess I'm just stuck with the working bit. (at least for a while longer). Yesterday evening I had to make some brackets for someone else's project at work. How much of an insult is that! Not even my own stuff! Hopefully get back to it tonight. Bob
Well, I didn't like the taste of grass, and as it turns out, my kids don't like eating grass either!! Imagine that..... I just need to figure out how to get a mobile shop going so I can work on mine while I am out on the road doing the working thing. Man, someone should invent that teleporter like they had on Star Trek!! Yes, working gets in the way of the fun stuff for sure........

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Got the back bumper installed and the lights in the bumper wired. Everything worked, so that's good. Started painting the various trim pieces, like license plate frame in the rear. It's got one of those huge European style frames and it hinges on the trunk lid so when the trunk is open it can drop down. Pretty ratty, and I ended up coating it with bed liner after it wouldn't come out good with a fair amount of sanding.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:

1971BB427; I really like your ride. I mean I REALLY LIKE YOUR RIDE!!!! Great looking gasser!
Tonight I made some patterns for under the floor between the frame and the body. It's a pretty small area and I'm going to seal it as I think it would be extremely hard to keep the road crud out. Not a whole lot done visually but I took my time so it will seal good. I would love to have four day work weeks because that would mean three day weekends and then you could really sink your teeth into a project! I spend a lot of weekend time just gearing things up to get on the big projects and then you gotta quit too soon just to return the garage to normal operation again. read as (turning the other half of the shop, er, I mean garage, back over to the wife.)
Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Plan B

Last photo:

motor is finally ready

Finally got my 283 ready to install in my 49 5w
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	283.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	63002  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetKruzer
1971BB427; I really like your ride. I mean I REALLY LIKE YOUR RIDE!!!! Great looking gasser!
Thanks StreetKruzer! I really appreciate that!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 PM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter 409
It is called a Richardson Ground Squirrel,or Picket Pin. It is a small prairie dog looking rat or squirrel that will destroy a farmers field and crop. If a farmer knows you are safe and serious about killing these critters he will alot of times buy you ammo to do the job. We have used over 5000 22 bullets in one field and the next week it looks the same. Look-up Oregon sage rats on Google. Ter409
It is just a gopher guys,,,or better known as Gainer the Saskatchewan sage rat LMAO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Gainer_the_Gopher.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	63003  
Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,082 Times in 965 Posts
Well, I solved a little problem that I put on the back burner. I had all kinds of things in my head to do with this emblem but figured out a great way. Repairing broken studs, on an emblem for example.

Brian
Old 02-16-2012, 05:09 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
What was it a rust job? You aren't chopping the top are you?

Brian
LOL ,Not everything I do is a rust bucket Brian...No chop,This one was a roll over but not a bad one...the rt front piller was bent in 3/4" and the left only a 1/4" the rear sail panels were around 3/8".
got everything fitted yesterday and its setting on there ,today I'll finish the fitting and flange the donor sail panels for a tight weld joint...then I'm done.My first "metal " only job I'm trying to phase out of body and paint shop work and do only metal working ...I took pics but I cant find my USB to down load the camera into it..
Old 02-16-2012, 03:49 PM

Last photo:

Well I finished up the exterior trim and wiring on my gasser project today! Got the crank open windshield installed, weatherstripping in the trunk lid, rear lights all done, plus the folding license plate frame installed and wired.
Just have to finish reinstalling the interior door panels and window trim, then fab up the wheelie bar brackets and she's ready for some spring time fun! If the weather ever cooperates!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Well I finished up the exterior trim and wiring on my gasser project today! Got the crank open windshield installed, weatherstripping in the trunk lid, rear lights all done, plus the folding license plate frame installed and wired.
Just have to finish reinstalling the interior door panels and window trim, then fab up the wheelie bar brackets and she's ready for some spring time fun! If the weather ever cooperates!
man, you are really getting it done over there
Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
man, you are really getting it done over there
Thanks Matt! I miss driving it, so hope to get back on the road at the first sign of dry roads!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:

Started on some brake lines tonight. I decided to do stainless since a bit of them will show all the time. Spent over an hour and got one whole line almost done! Man, that stainless is some tuff stuff to work with. I started with the longest line, to the T at the rear end and I had to go through a frame cross member, but I sure didn't think it would take that long! I don't have one of those commercial tubing benders, but I did spring for the pliers with the curved grooves for the lines. They actually work pretty good and I like the tight bends you can do. A lot better than trying to bend this stuff with just your thrumbs.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,082 Times in 965 Posts
I made my bracket for the emblem and got it painted and mounted.

Brian
Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Yesterday my buddy & I pulled the saggy headliner out of my 92 GMC. Naturally, we broke a couple of trim pieces doing it, and didn't exactly do the molded board any favors either!

Then I went to a meeting of one the clubs I belong to.

Today - I looked outside. Cold, raining, foggy and windy, all at once. So I built a fire in the fireplace, opened a bottle of wine, turned on the stereo and started catching up on my reading...
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 PM

Last photo:

im doing a full interior on a b-body caprice and was asked if i wanted to change the heater core for some extra change, since i had almost everything out anyways i accepted...shiiiiii.....like 5 hours trying to get that **** out. i couldnt get the hoses disconnected until after i broke out the sawzall and cut the core out from under the dash. holy crap that was a task, i still dont know what kind of tool it takes to disco those hoses but i do know what kind of car i will not be changing a heater core on again.

btw Dave, you gotta take the side panels loose first, the top center trim panel has tabs on both ends that tuck behind them...probably the broken ones you talk about.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.