The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 290 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I guess I will try the paint ,I tried a sharpie it helped a little but not enough,,i know what you mean about blinding at night,i was thinking of changing them but I would hane to drop my sterring column and remove speedometer as they are mounted from the rear ,Siliconed in place ,I will yry paint first,

I have since mounted the tach it might help some,

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

With the aid of a stencil, I brushed the lettering on the Falcon. Panted the background in yesterday.

Then did the black border this morning.

It was good practice for the 2nd set of stencils I have to do it again after new paint. Wasn't too worried about screwing this one up.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1971BB427 For This Useful Post:
tech69 (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
I guess I will try the paint ,I tried a sharpie it helped a little but not enough,,i know what you mean about blinding at night,i was thinking of changing them but I would hane to drop my sterring column and remove speedometer as they are mounted from the rear ,Siliconed in place ,I will yry paint first,

I have since mounted the tach it might help some,
I just did a drop of red on the end of each lens and it was just enough to cut out the glare, but still see the indicators in daylight.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1971BB427 For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (07-10-2013)
Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,075 Times in 959 Posts
Damn that looks like a car that would have fit right in our local drag strip (may it RIP ) in the sixties and seventies, I love it, brings back memories.

Brian
Old 07-10-2013, 11:09 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Damn that looks like a car that would have fit right in our local drag strip (may it RIP ) in the sixties and seventies, I love it, brings back memories.

Brian
Thanks Brian! I just need to find a bunch of old style decals to slap on here and there.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Last wiki edit: Electrolytic rust removal
Last journal entry: 2.75 in..3.50 posi out
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Thanks 496, it may never be finished to the "pro" standards, but It's sooooo much more gratifying to drive it in beater condition than waiting to get everything just right. My goal is to long haul power tour next year....no ac by then but will be a blast. Btw, I still haven't hooked up the led indicator lights
Old 07-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

If I was finished to Foose or Coddington standards we could not or would not drive them then I would not want to own a car/truck like that ,,I have two I don't/cant/wont, drive I think they are going on the block very soon.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:55 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
If I was finished to Foose or Coddington standards we could not or would not drive them then I would not want to own a car/truck like that ,,I have two I don't/cant/wont, drive I think they are going on the block very soon.
After I build mine, no matter how nice, maybe after one show, the road rash will begin....
Old 07-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Last photo:

For the past few nights I have been wanting to fire the 500 cube "Street Motor" Old Skool externally, except for ignition and valve covers..

.620 lift hyd roller. 850 vac secondary carb, old Tarantula "bent" intake on ported big valve heads.

Fired up tonight, first crank. Music to old ears. Like a newborn cry. Altho a LOUD newborn.

Better pics in my photo project journal
Attached Images

Last edited by BOBCRMAN@aol.com; 07-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
After I build mine, no matter how nice, maybe after one show, the road rash will begin....

I have been working on my truck (,second build ) for close to a year and not finished yet ,probably spent to much money, the only thing that will keep me from driving it is if I cant find any gas .
Old 07-10-2013, 06:42 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

I guess this should go into the "what did you ruin today" thread.

So today I ruined the rear glass on an econoline 350. What pisses me off about this stationary glass is that I was completely mindful of the fact that they can break very easily. I was taught this by a great tech who once tighten a bolt on one and then loosened it a 1/4 turn and told me to tighten it a 1/4 turn so I can feel how tight it has to be. How cool of him to do that. So I guess I got a little greedy and over tightened. This was a blend panel too. I could have just as easily left the glass in and not dealt with butyl tape but I insisted. Also cut my hand pretty badly as well and am thinking about taking the rest of the week off but will probably wake up and head to work anyways. Bad day.

On another note, I'm taking a real liking to Ice Habiscus tea with honey and a tad of cranberry juice. No more soda or too much juice. I feel great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	used-2012-ford-econoline_cargo_van-e250commercial-6035-10502501-6-400.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	75547  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
For the past few nights I have been wanting to fire the 500 cube "Street Motor" Old Skool externally, except for ignition and valve covers..

.620 lift hyd roller. 850 vac secondary carb, old Tarantula "bent" intake on ported big valve heads.

Fired up tonight, first crank. Music to old ears. Like a newborn cry. Altho a LOUD newborn.

Better pics in my photo project journal
Quote:
I have been working on my truck (,second build ) for close to a year and not finished yet ,probably spent to much money, the only thing that will keep me from driving it is if I cant find any gas .
I have driven my roadster every summer since I started the build. I would bolt it together in the spring and take it apart in the fall. Whether the car, or truck, is finished has nothing to do with how much fun it is to have it on the road. I like my shiney paint and upholstery but had lots of fun with the car before I had either. Drive em and enjoy them. That is what it is all about.

John
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

That is me in the middle at the NSRA Nats in Louisville. I wasn't finished but I was riding.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	75550  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,075 Times in 959 Posts
I know I can't wait to drive my truck with no windows in it wearing goggles like I did when I was a kid.

I'm going to drive the Gran Sport tomorrow and probably everyday for a while. I have a heck of a time getting my kid to summer school, I am thinking if I drive him in the Gran Sport he will go more willing.

So tonight I went out there to do a quick wipe down and I saw the bag of chrome screws I bought to hold on the wheel opening mouldings so I went ahead and changed all of them out.

I was going to walk out, but I HAD to put some time into the truck. So I made some more adjustments to a door fine tuning it and then making a template up for a little piece of metal on it. Damn it, it's coming slow this week but it's better than nothing.

Brian
Old 07-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

I didn't bet to work on my truck last couple of days ,I have been doing Honey Do list building cabinents over the washer and dryer ,I built them with 3/4 in cabinet grade plywood on 2x2 franes I have the 2 coats of stain and just put on last coat of eurathane 3 coats, will build doors next week then sand and buff I have to get a new hinges and matching knobs and a roughter blade ,sounds like a good excuse to me. LOL

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.