The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 30 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2012, 08:51 PM

Last journal entry: Interior
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Timing and carb tuning on a sbc

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
You guys are getting a lot done, I finished up the SHO and took photos, I'll get it on Craigslist tonight. The best part was I drove it a little to go take some photos and thought I was going to be thinking I was crazy for selling it being it drives so much better than the Rambler, nope, sorry, it sucks driving that late model car. I am VERY happy driving the Rambler every day.

Brian
Old 02-19-2012, 10:05 PM

Last photo:

Pulled a starter out of a 1974 Ford F250. Ordinarily, an easy job, three bolts, and a nut for the cable. Do not even have to disconnect the negative battery cable, because of the remote starter relay.

But this truck has headers. Remove 8 header bolts, remove the motor mount bolt on the right side, jack the engine up, and shoehorn the starter out.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Last journal entry: bump stops
Last photo:

weekend worker

I spent another day and a half Sat and Sunday running wires from the new harness under the frame back up inside the rumble seat area. sleeved all the wires in weather proof casings. Put in a new pressure brake switch and ran those wires back up under dash. ended up with a headache from laying on my back all day, not fun. sc
Old 02-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
I finally got some free time today and made a hammer form to make the new wheel openings I want....This was my first attempt and my only sheet of steel I had left .without thinking I made the wrong side,OOPS .....Oh well ,at least I dont have to make it again.I'll just have to wait and make the right side which has the widened fender already (that has to be done first) I'm pretty happy with the results I just wish I made the right side so I could have stayed and got it tacked on..
Nice work there DBM!

Brian
Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Thanks Brian ,this is the biggest panel I ever made and I was sweating it for months, needlessly, as it turns out, it was fun...this weekend I hope to have the other side made...I think this thread and you guys has a little to do with getting me of my butt and back at the shop last sunday....But having all the grand kids sleep over saturday night might have something to do with it too...
What ever it was that first step was the big one ,now I cant wait to get back on it...
Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Got the interior door panels and window trim installed today on the gasser. Had time leftover so I fabbed up the mounts for the wheelie bars. Need to go to Oregon spring tomorrow and have them bend up the U bolts to mount them, as the ones I have are too long, and not enough thread.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:

Didn't get to work on the car at all this eve. Previous appt. with audiologist about finally getting the wife some hearing aids. She's been putting it off for years (thinking it means getting older, and who knows what else!). Turns out, it's so technical with so damn many choices, we (I) spent two hrs asking questions, etc. just trying to get enough info to help her make a somewhat informed decision. Expensive too! I had already spent a lot of time on the internet trying to get an education about them. Lucky for us the young gal we went to is a good egg and pretty much just tells it like it is. Turns out you gotta tune these things! Kinda like degreeing a cam and dialing in the carb all at once.
I did stop by the metal shop on the way home & picked up a couple pieces I had them break for me today for the seat slide rail mounts. Turns out, I didn't like the ones I made... too thin.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Thanks Brian ,this is the biggest panel I ever made and I was sweating it for months, needlessly, as it turns out, it was fun...this weekend I hope to have the other side made...I think this thread and you guys has a little to do with getting me of my butt and back at the shop last sunday....But having all the grand kids sleep over saturday night might have something to do with it too...
What ever it was that first step was the big one ,now I cant wait to get back on it...
Right on, I can't wait to see you getting that sucker out on the road.

Me, not very much, got over to the hardware store and bought a bag of sand for sand blasting my little parts. I also sprayed out color for matching the instrument cluster.

We did take a nice hike (first one this year!) at a nearby park that I have drove by over the years a hundred times and never stopped. Today we went over for a nice hike up and over some hills. I didn't think my wife would hang in there but did with a smile and we all had a great time.

Brian
Old 02-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

This is one of the many things I did today..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_4105.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	63211  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Picked up some replacement trim bits n pieces to replace the ones that sorta kinda got broken t'other day when taking the saggy headliner outta my pickup.

Picked up my travel trailer from the shop where I had been getting some work done on it.

Tomorrow I will (hopefully) be getting the "new" headliner so I can start putting the p/u all back together again!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:18 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Your son is going to be very popular at school,pulling in with that truck,Randy
Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Yesterday was a kind of recovery day for a long walk I took in the new 300 acre town park - I'm on the town committee that make recommendations and decisions as to how this area is to be developed and used as this one will be left primarily as a 'green space' and there are only minimal trails near one side. I wasn't on that side on Sunday

We do have some busy beavers!!!

This is what much of it looks like - not an easy walk in the woods

Of course, that Monday recovery period ..... 10-15 minutes.

I finished up rerouting the heater hose, drained the engine block (surprised how much anti freeze was in there), finished the trunk lid upholstery along with a couple other little things. The car needs about one more good day of putter and fuss and it will be road ready for the summer.

Dave W
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 AM

Last photo:

That is hilarious Dave! I have only seen that in cartoons. Very cool to be out and see how we share the earth with these creatures.

Brian
Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

Wow, Dave, looks like a fun "nature walk"- -good to be involved in the Community though, and I look forward to when Retirement actually happens so I can too-

As for me, I finished up my Steering (pretty much), and lowered my a/c unit, then started mocking up my Console-

I'm ordering my new Hilborn EFI set-up this week, and most of my engine parts should be here also-I may be a few Months early on doing this, but I can't wait to hear it fire up on the Dyno-I've decided to go with a DIS set-up, and hope that all of the Electronics (EFI, 4L80E, DIS, etc.) will work without too much fiddling/headaches-if not, I will have a long road to gettin' it to work, as I am now committed (or should be )-

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Trivia thread | - »