The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 301 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,040 Posts
Brian was talking about cross measuring so many times. When I chopped the Merc I measured over and over. After I was done I made the templates for the windows. There were no two templates that were the same. Every single window was a different measurement. It did not show but it was a fact and I knew even if no one else did.

John

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 04:25 PM

No Work

I didn't work on my ride today but I did put 100 miles on my 56 Mainline. It was a good day.
Build'm and Drive'm !!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,124 Times in 998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Brian was talking about cross measuring so many times. When I chopped the Merc I measured over and over. After I was done I made the templates for the windows. There were no two templates that were the same. Every single window was a different measurement. It did not show but it was a fact and I knew even if no one else did.

John
When I chopped it when I was 16 I pulled the left front post over and welded it, then went to pull the other post over and it wouldn't reach. The roof had flexed over to the drivers side but it wouldn't go over as far to the right because the drivers post was welded. This was in a barn that I did this. I tied a rope to the passenger post and out a window in the barn and tied it to a fence post outside about 15' from the barn. I literally had three friends standing on the rope while the post was tacked! LOL That post was raked over more than the other.

I wish so much I had a photo of that. My brother was over my house the other day and saw where the cab was sitting I have a little window on the side of the garage and he said I should re-enact it! LOLOL Sad part is, two of those friends are dead. One of them lives just a half mile from me still. I may just do it.

Brian
Old 07-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
When I chopped it when I was 16 I pulled the left front post over and welded it, then went to pull the other post over and it wouldn't reach. The roof had flexed over to the drivers side but it wouldn't go over as far to the right because the drivers post was welded. This was in a barn that I did this. I tied a rope to the passenger post and out a window in the barn and tied it to a fence post outside about 15' from the barn. I literally had three friends standing on the rope while the post was tacked! LOL That post was raked over more than the other.

I wish so much I had a photo of that. My brother was over my house the other day and saw where the cab was sitting I have a little window on the side of the garage and he said I should re-enact it! LOLOL Sad part is, two of those friends are dead. One of them lives just a half mile from me still. I may just do it.

Brian
Your saying you pull the front post apart to make them up...
Old 07-24-2013, 05:52 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Your saying you pull the front post apart to make them up...
I'm sorry, what are you asking?

Brian
Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

I got my welding cart a little more finished. The cables and cords now all have a home. What remains is to figure out tool storage and tank storage.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

I've been cutting back brush along the roads in our township the past few days. Most of it is using a bypass shear, chain and pole saws. Then we came upon this overhanging limb.

This called for the "Red Neck bucket truck"...

All gone.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Blown 502

Last photo:

I went for a nice cruise and then hit a little car show with the Sierra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2263.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	75983   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2254.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	75984   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	75985  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post

John
John I hate to be the one to shatter your bubble but everyone knew. We just all got together and decided not to say anything. As a matter of fact we had to squelch two or three magazine articles that were about to go to press. We had to talk your wife out of divorcing you. She said "First it was brackets on my table cloth and now this! Have you looked at that top? Oh the shame !!"
You never knew about the petition that your neighbors were passing around about kicking you out of the neighborhood. There was some talk about tar and feathers but we fixed that also.
Yes John everyone knew.

bb ( I'm disguising my identity)
Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I'm sorry, what are you asking?

Brian
Never mind..
Old 07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
John I hate to be the one to shatter your bubble but everyone knew. We just all got together and decided not to say anything. As a matter of fact we had to squelch two or three magazine articles that were about to go to press. We had to talk your wife out of divorcing you. She said "First it was brackets on my table cloth and now this! Have you looked at that top? Oh the shame !!"
You never knew about the petition that your neighbors were passing around about kicking you out of the neighborhood. There was some talk about tar and feathers but we fixed that also.
Yes John everyone knew.

bb ( I'm disguising my identity)
Wow. I am really fortunate. I just never realized what kind of friends I had. I am beginning to have my suspisions though........

BTW, I know who you are!

John
Old 07-24-2013, 09:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
I've been cutting back brush along the roads in our township the past few days. Most of it is using a bypass shear, chain and pole saws. Then we came upon this overhanging limb.

This called for the "Red Neck bucket truck"...

All gone.

Looks like you need that dune buggie thing over on the "Come on man" thread!

Brian
Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 PM

Last photo:

I got the last of the braces welded in and I am ready to lengthen the top. By removing the inner panels around the rear windows it really makes for a flemsy top! So this is why I added so many braces. I figure, it's free, all metal just laying around my yard.

What's funny is as I mentioned before I never added reinforcement in any top I have ever chopped and I do feel a lot better about this.

Brian

Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetRob View Post
I went for a nice cruise and then hit a little car show with the Sierra
What a wide variety of cars, I love it!

Brian
Old 07-24-2013, 10:20 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

blocked on The Trans Am today. The side I body worked is the side I blocked and it only had two very tiny dings in it no bigger than a pin ***** so I mudded and stepped up the grit to a finishing grit if the painter decides to seal and shoot. The hood is another story. The car was white and had dull paint so it's all good when you start from scratch and are going white but when you're spot filling and not stripping it will work against you cause it's hard to see the dings...til it has shine and it pops out at you! The solution is a good wash and to sight down it thoroughly on every inch of the car. I almost got all of them but the hood will have to be spot primed for sure. I still think this car will be our best car yet for the cars we only prime once. For an old Trans Am I think it's gonna turn out good and it's something different than the million Camaros we do and have coming our way soon.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.