The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 305 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
The girls come FIRST that is for sure!

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
John long (07-28-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
My daughter, son in law and grand kids came for the weekend. We will be keeping the girls this week before they go back to school.

Tim and I played in the basement for a while. He has not had much time with a MIG welder so I cut up some pieces of 18, 20, and even some 12 gauge scrap for him to practice on. He really made a lot of progress and by the time we kocked of he was doing some really nice tacks and but welded a couple of pieces of 18ga pieces together. The next time he makes a brace he will get to weld it together himself.

While he was welding I was making a template for the cowl mount and started making a replacement piece but not much to look at yet.

Hopefully I will get a little done while the girls are here. Time will tell. Glad to have them anyway.

John
Let the grand daughters ,help ,they probably love to Help grand paw ,or what they call you im Paw Paw to all my grand children,, you can always correct ANY mistakes Next Week if any are made ,they will remember it ,especially when they get to ride in the Belair..
Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Let the grand daughters ,help ,they probably love to Help grand paw ,or what they call you im Paw Paw to all my grand children,, you can always correct ANY mistakes Next Week if any are made ,they will remember it ,especially when they get to ride in the Belair..
LOL, Poppy thinks you are 100% correct. Mimi agrees too.

Poppy
Old 07-28-2013, 07:13 PM

Last photo:

Well today I cut the front half of the roof off to lengthen it. I removed the gutters from the donor roof to use later, but that and the rear window are all I am going to use, there is just too much rust on that roof, I don't need anymore work just to eliminate a little strip of metal.

I cut out the rear window of the donor for use on the cab.

It's a shame I left it out darn it, but that's life, it's pretty rusty.

How about this dent that was filled with lead, look at the shadow under the ruler!

I melted it out..

I weighed it and it was over 2 lbs! LOL

Brian
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Well today I cut the front half of the roof off to lengthen it. I removed the gutters from the donor roof to use later, but that and the rear window are all I am going to use, there is just too much rust on that roof, I don't need anymore work just to eliminate a little strip of metal.

Brian
Now that is exciting! You are definitely moving forward.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (07-28-2013)
Old 07-28-2013, 08:15 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
LOL, Poppy thinks you are 100% correct. Mimi agrees too.

Poppy
Oh it's killer to let them be a part of it, I don't care if it's tightening one bolt. But when you are welding be sure to tie their hands behind their back! I have had more than one kid quickly grab something I have welded!

Brian
Old 07-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

[QUOTE=MARTINSR;1699010]Well today I cut the front half of the roof off to lengthen it. I removed the gutters from the donor roof to use later, but that and the rear window are all I am going to use, there is just too much rust on that roof, I don't need anymore work just to eliminate a little strip of metal.

It's a shame I left it out darn it, but that's life, it's pretty rusty.

How about this dent that was filled with lead, look at the shadow under the ruler!

I melted it out..

I weighed it and it was over 2 lbs! LOL

Brian[/QUOTE.
the rear window will look great ,I wanted to do mine like that but didn't take time to make the change ,I think it will definatly look better with bottom of glass lower ,closer to the belt line..
Old 07-28-2013, 10:40 PM

Last photo:

unfortunatly i had to do the intake gaskets on my truck today, been putting it off all week , but with rain hitting this area for the next few days , i didnt want to be stuck driving a twin turbo camaro around in the rain

Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
the rear window will look great ,I wanted to do mine like that but didn't take time to make the change ,I think it will definatly look better with bottom of glass lower ,closer to the belt line..
It's going to be AT the belt line just like the corner windows, they will match. I am also thinking about widening it as well, check out my build thread.

Brian
Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
unfortunatly i had to do the intake gaskets on my truck today, been putting it off all week , but with rain hitting this area for the next few days , i didnt want to be stuck driving a twin turbo camaro around in the rain
Have you tried "Super clean" for that stuff, it works great! I get it at my local hardware store.
SUPER CLEAN DEGREASER -- GALLON : Amazon.com : Automotive SUPER CLEAN DEGREASER -- GALLON : Amazon.com : Automotive

Brian
Old 07-28-2013, 11:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Have you tried "Super clean" for that stuff, it works great! I get it at my local hardware store. SUPER CLEAN DEGREASER -- GALLON : Amazon.com : Automotive

Brian
love that stuff , unfortunately my local parts store is closed on sundays, hell the only thing open in this town on sundays is the church, and the gas station

purple power is cheaper and works just as good too
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 PM

Last photo:

Don't complain, that is the way it should be, store should be closed on Sunday, let people spend time with their families. I wish everything was closed on Sunday around here. My God, 24 hours a day 7 days a week and many are open 365 days a year! Open on Christmas and all!

I was in Ozark Arkansas one time on vacation and I went to a store a little after 6pm on a week night and it was closed. I sat there in the parking lot and was so happy, I was so damn happy that there was a place on earth that closed like in the old days.

Brian
Old 07-29-2013, 05:46 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Now you done it....grand kids and hotrods...Time for a story.
my grandson was over one day looking over my car in the driveway and asked :does it run? I said yeah, do you want to hear it? when I fired it up he ran into the house crying(open headers) he was about 6yr old then and never showed an intrest in hotrods again
I have two other grand kids(girls) that spend every other weekend here.they love doing things with grandpa like fishing and helping me work on the car.

That day,when my grandson ran into the house my grand daughter 3yrold at the time came running out hopped in the running car and said can we go for a ride pawpaw?she was still in her jammies (first pic)...It just goes to show hotrods are in the blood or they arent....and you never know where you'll find one...
another weekend I woke up early and was out in the driveway working on the car and miyah asked where I was she came out to keep me company and brought all her favorite books so she could read to me while I was working.(she cant read but she can sure tell a story...I dont know where she got THAT from. any ways it wasnt long before she was more interested in what I was doing than the books and she stayed out there with me all day (after she changed her Jammies)
these little ladies are going to be some kind of heart breakers they've got me completely wraped around their fingers,I'm completely powerless against their charms .I wouldnt have it any other way...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3052.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	993.1 KB
ID:	76119   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5810.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	76120   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3399.jpg
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	76121   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3402.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	76122   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3404 (Small).jpg
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	76123  

The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
tech69 (07-29-2013)
Old 07-29-2013, 05:58 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Well that was Miyah,,,Then theres Kaylah....she dont like getting dirty like her sister but she loves to watch and spend time hanging out with her pawpaw.
She's a hotrodder too but in a different way.insted of doing her own work on her car she'll probably have one(or all) of the ten guys hanging around do it all for her...she wont even go outside until shes all dolled up.
Now I know what your thinking every boys dream is to have a girlfriend that loves and has a hot car,but Ya'll can forget it, I made them promise not to start dating untill they're 25yr old. so keep your boys at home and save them the heartache....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3308.jpg
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	76124   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3310.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	76125  
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
John long (07-29-2013)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:13 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Now you done it....grand kids and hotrods...Time for a story.
my grandson was over one day looking over my car in the driveway and asked :does it run? I said yeah, do you want to hear it? when I fired it up he ran into the house crying(open headers) he was about 6yr old then and never showed an intrest in hotrods again
I have two other grand kids(girls) that spend every other weekend here.they love doing things with grandpa like fishing and helping me work on the car.

That day,when my grandson ran into the house my grand daughter 3yrold at the time came running out hopped in the running car and said can we go for a ride pawpaw?she was still in her jammies (first pic)...It just goes to show hotrods are in the blood or they arent....and you never know where you'll find one...
another weekend I woke up early and was out in the driveway working on the car and miyah asked where I was she came out to keep me company and brought all her favorite books so she could read to me while I was working.(she cant read but she can sure tell a story...I dont know where she got THAT from. any ways it wasnt long before she was more interested in what I was doing than the books and she stayed out there with me all day (after she changed her Jammies)
these little ladies are going to be some kind of heart breakers they've got me completely wraped around their fingers,I'm completely powerless against their charms .I wouldnt have it any other way...
she's so adorable! I'd be wrapped around their fingers too.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Come On Man! | - »