The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 309 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 05:21 AM
Blown 502

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
this sound like its missing on 1-2 cyls to any of u guys ?? ( disregard the squeeling belt im waiting on new alt brackets since my top bracket flexes and makes it squeal )

guys on my local forums swear up down its only running on 6/7 cyls , even though i know its running on all 8

and yes this is what i worked on today
Definitely doesn't sound right and it sure does seem like it's missing (as if it's not running on all cylinders)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ProStreetRob For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (07-31-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 08:13 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

I'm assuming you've checked the "Crash Relay " to see if it needs to be reset. It should be up under the dash on the pass side on the firewall.I remember having a similar problem with a Ford and that was the answer. When it's activated it's function is to cut off power to the fuel pump.

BB
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
I'm assuming you've checked the "Crash Relay " to see if it needs to be reset. It should be up under the dash on the pass side on the firewall.I remember having a similar problem with a Ford and that was the answer. When it's activated it's function is to cut off power to the fuel pump.

BB
Wow, I knew they existed but probably would never have thought about reseting it. I wonder how many good fuel pumps have been replaced? Do they make them for after market installations like street rods or could you take one out of a wreck and wire your pump through.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
RUST CONVERTER !!!! spray it on, let it dry and forget about that rust.

And quit whining about rust...when your whole floor falls out, THEN you have rust...

LOLOLOLOL, waaaaa, waaaaaaa, I am still crying.

Brian
Old 07-31-2013, 08:48 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

today I'm just glad to be out of the shop. It's like trying to do things the right way is a sin around here. Time to go on vacation and have some fun!

Last edited by tech69; 07-31-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:00 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
LOLOLOLOL, waaaaa, waaaaaaa, I am still crying.

Brian
If Brian is crying about rust, I am hysterical.......
Old 07-31-2013, 09:32 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
If Brian is crying about rust, I am hysterical.......
John, I have so much respect for you guys who rebuild a super rusty car. I have done a LOT of rust repair over the years, but it was all pretty localized. Window channels for instance, my shop was across the street from a glass shop so I did too many sixties and seventies GM cars to count. I sure as heck did stuff more severe but don't remember them (must have blocked the memory out ).

But this every square inch rust crap, haven't dealt with it since my brothers Roadster, we simply had it sand blasted inside and out as it needed work on every square inch. But damn in a garage with the limits we have, it's tough.

Brian
Old 07-31-2013, 09:42 AM

Last journal entry: Getting it together.
Last photo:

Quote:
Wow, I knew they existed but probably would never have thought about reseting it. I wonder how many good fuel pumps have been replaced? Do they make them for after market installations like street rods or could you take one out of a wreck and wire your pump through.
Just grab one from a wreck and install yourself, make sure you get the pig-tail as well as it will help in keeping the wiring attached
Old 07-31-2013, 12:16 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetRob View Post
Definitely doesn't sound right and it sure does seem like it's missing (as if it's not running on all cylinders)

its running on all 8 maybe its just the way my iphone records sound on its videos, its got brand new plugs in it acdelco r42's and they all look good just a touch rich but none of them are fuel soaked or clean
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
The fuel pump on my '66 Chevelle is wired thru the oil pressure switch. If the engine quits from a frontal crash, roll over or brake/wheel lock up ( I have a 4 speed), the pump quits too. It is a common 3 pole switch but I can't remember the NAPA number right now. I actually have a T at the block for this as I also have a mechanical oil pressure gauge under the dash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
John long (07-31-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Been working on the '38 for weeks now. Many surprises and set backs along the way but it is starting to shape up.
Went from this..manual rack, single quad tunnel ram.

To power rack, coil over conversion, Vintage Air/heat, Performer RPM and TH350 to 200r4 trans.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Bought a bunch of stuff, air hose, air tool accessory pack, 3 wrenches and a handful of sockets, new welding gloves, new safety glasses, and a hone for the wheel cylinders.

I used the hone already to clean up the wheel cylinders. Put it in my new drill press, which illustrated I need a vise there, even if just a cheap one. But I made it work. Held the wheel cylinder with one of my new welding gloves.

Also tried some to loosen the exhaust bolts on the caddy. Not much luck with the 3/8 MAC impact, but I didn't try the 1/2 inch CH wrench or even find my PB blaster. So I really didn't try to hard. Will leave it for the weekend.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:51 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Been working on the '38 for weeks now. Many surprises and set backs along the way but it is starting to shape up.
Went from this..manual rack, single quad tunnel ram.

To power rack, coil over conversion, Vintage Air/heat, Performer RPM and TH350 to 200r4 trans.

You are going to be riding in style AND cozy.

Brian
Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Bought a bunch of stuff, air hose, air tool accessory pack, 3 wrenches and a handful of sockets, new welding gloves, new safety glasses, and a hone for the wheel cylinders.

I used the hone already to clean up the wheel cylinders. Put it in my new drill press, which illustrated I need a vise there, even if just a cheap one. But I made it work. Held the wheel cylinder with one of my new welding gloves.

Also tried some to loosen the exhaust bolts on the caddy. Not much luck with the 3/8 MAC impact, but I didn't try the 1/2 inch CH wrench or even find my PB blaster. So I really didn't try to hard. Will leave it for the weekend.
The impact on stuff like that works wonders. Turn it down low and let it hit hit hit hit hit that hitting will break stuff loose if anything is. I will even go in and out turning it in and out. If it goes just a hair out you may not know it. While if you go in and out it will screw back in that hair, then on the way out it has a better chance of moving two hairs. Then over and over and over and next thing you know it's unscrewing all the way.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
silentpoet (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Good advise Brian ,that works good for me also ,I also replace the nut that comes off with a Brass nut ,I get them at NAPA they hold good and will come off easy the next time they need to be removed ,,don't over tighten .
The Following User Says Thank You to 496CHEVY3100 For This Useful Post:
silentpoet (08-01-2013)

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Trivia thread | - »