The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 31 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Very cool pics of the scenery! Looks like the beavers are headed towards a clear cut eventually!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Another just for chuckles:

There were several areas of beaver activity - but never found the beaver house. There are many streams and a pretty large wet land where it was just too mucky to wander. Surprisingly, when in there, very few beasties seen - but there are lots of signs of turkey and deer along with a red fox that met his demise on the adjoining road.

Craig - I've seen write ups on the EFI Hillborn so will be interested to hear how yours performs. I've taken an interest in the new MSD 'Atomic' almost plug 'n' play for my near stock engine but don't intend on being one of the first - I've done that before.

Looks like you have solved the a/c location problems as well - it does take time to work these little situations out

Dave W
Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 AM

Last photo:

I'm also looking forward to hearing how the EFI Hilborn works out. A friend of mine put that setup on a SBC in his 32 Roadster, and took a lot of tweaking to get it working. He said once he got it running well it was great, but lost several MPG over the tri power setup he had before.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:06 PM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Craig - I've seen write ups on the EFI Hillborn so will be interested to hear how yours performs. I've taken an interest in the new MSD 'Atomic' almost plug 'n' play for my near stock engine but don't intend on being one of the first - I've done that before.

Looks like you have solved the a/c location problems as well - it does take time to work these little situations out

Dave W
Thanks, Dave, and as idiot sounding as it was, I was a bit confused on the a/c placement-it did work out in the end, though-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427
I'm also looking forward to hearing how the EFI Hilborn works out. A friend of mine put that setup on a SBC in his 32 Roadster, and took a lot of tweaking to get it working. He said once he got it running well it was great, but lost several MPG over the tri power setup he had before.
Dave and 1971BB427,

I have been a little concerned about the Hilborn too, but I've done my homework ( ), and hopefully it all works out-

I will say that Andy Starr at Hilborn has been very informative (unlike Kinsler ), and, part of my decision was based on the fact that Hilborn is now offering the Holley ECU (either the HP or Dominator) as part of the package-I know that their current "Carrabine" and the FAST ECU's do work (less on the former), but the Holley IMHO is the best ECU on the market right now (although, I'm sure there are some who will debate this)-

Anyway, from everything I can tell, it matters whether you buy a complete system or make it yourself, as a few FAST tuners told me that when you weld the bungs onto a Hilborn manifold that it distorts the castings around the butterflies and makes a vacuum leak, further complicating tuning-the Hilborn system supposedly doesn't have those problems-we'll see!

As for the mpg, they say that it actually gets better (but who buys something like this for mpg?), and the throttle response is supposed to be amazing-watch this:

http://youtu.be/7X0J1-VxqFc

My Brother-In-Law is building a '67 fastback Mustang and is using the Professional Products EFI package on a 302-so far, he's in love with it-hope mine goes as well-
Old 02-21-2012, 12:08 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:

With gas prices headed to $5.oo a gallon, gas mileage is definitely a factor in how much some of us, like me, living on disability or retirement get to enjoy cruisin' in our hot rods.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
With gas prices headed to $5.oo a gallon, gas mileage is definitely a factor in how much some of us, like me, living on disability or retirement get to enjoy cruisin' in our hot rods.
I'm retired too, so I know the fixed income thing! I pinch and save on everything just so cruising in my cars wont have to suffer! Guy's gotta make sure his priorities are correct!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Last photo:

Got the last add on done today on the gasser! Went to the spring shop and had them bend up the U bolts for the wheelie bars so I could bolt on my axle bracket.
Then came home and mounted the bars up.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Was gonna go get the new headliner today, but the rain is just del-huge-ing out there. A real frog drowner, so I worked on some more clean up in the shop instead.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

Quote:
Got the last add on done today on the gasser! Went to the spring shop and had them bend up the U bolts for the wheelie bars so I could bolt on my axle bracket.
Then came home and mounted the bars up.
Beautiful-
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:

Tonight I cut the hd seat rail steel mount pieces to size. I started on the drivers seat and drilled out the mounting holes and welded some nuts on the bottom. To clear under the low clearance of the sliders, I'm going to use some stainless button head screws that I have. I'll have to wait until I have the floor panels down permanently before I can finish mount these, but I already tried them out for comfort and fit within the width with doors closed. I positioned the slide mounts with the seat as far back as it would go within 1" of the rise of the rear floor center panel. I should get the passenger side done tomorrow eve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1645.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	63231   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1646.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	63232   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1647.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	63233   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1648.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	63234   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1650.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	63235  

Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM

Today

Modified my engine lift so the head will now pivot. Had to make a bracket as I could not find anything strong enough. Watched the 3 year old grandkid this afternoon. Lots of fun. He has a small toy car that comes apart with a small electric screw wrench. He pretends he is helping grandpa. Maybe this one will be a gearhead. None of the other Grandkids are interested. They just want to drive my race cars not work on them. Spent the evening prepping the 360 LA to put back into the 1ton. Been thinking about what to take to the Portland Swap meet in April. We got 2 stalls at the track. Ter409
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
Tonight I worked on BOWL AFTER BOWL of Jambalaya, Gumbo, Shrimp Creole, red beans and rice, Kings Cake and a number of Hurricanes.

Glad to see you guys got something done on your cars.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2321.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	63237   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2322.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	63238   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2323.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	63239   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2324.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	63240   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2325.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	435.7 KB
ID:	63241  

Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Tonight I worked on BOWL AFTER BOWL of Jambalaya, Gumbo, Shrimp Creole, red beans and rice, Kings Cake and a number of Hurricanes.

Glad to see you guys got something done on your cars.

Brian

Brian, I assume you got the job done on those vittles ?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
Brian, I assume you got the job done on those vittles ?

We had so much food, I don't think I got much more done than I do on my car on the average day.

Brian
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Brian,,, all that food made me hungry,, but I had to settle for a bowl of cherrios,,
just curious: what is that pink object poking out of the center of the last picture? looks like a bald headed Barbee doll

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.