The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 311 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Looking good John, I didn't touch the truck tonight. I spent a little time cleaning up the Gran Sport as I am going to put it in a show tomorrow at an event here in town tomorrow. That's all for me.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Looking good John, I didn't touch the truck tonight. I spent a little time cleaning up the Gran Sport as I am going to put it in a show tomorrow at an event here in town tomorrow. That's all for me.

Brian
Cool. Pop some pictures while you are there.....
Old 08-03-2013, 08:34 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Heading up the gorge to Hood River to a picnic at the WAAM today! Going to take the scenic highway and drive the Austin gasser to our annual picnic. Should be fun, as I've not been to the aviation and automobile museum yet!
Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum
Old 08-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Heading up the gorge to Hood River to a picnic at the WAAM today! Going to take the scenic highway and drive the Austin gasser to our annual picnic. Should be fun, as I've not been to the aviation and automobile museum yet!
Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum
Before they closed the airport in Vancouver, Wa I drove the 57 Olds to an antique plane fly in for a combination car and plane show. What a great day that was.

Hope you have a great day!

John
Old 08-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Last photo:

i got the camaro back together , the nitrous managed to pop both headgaskets.
im thinking i have distribution issues as it burnt the gaskets between cyls 5-7 and 6-8.

im going to back it off to a 75 shot and see what happens , it could have been that the felpro gaskets and stock headbolts couldnt hold upto the 15 pounds of boost + the nitrous, but i know somone who runs alot more boost and hit his with the same amount of nitrous and he dont take out the gaskets

i will say im not in a huge rush to test out the nitrous tune again as i need the car working so i can get back and forth to work during the week
Old 08-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
i got the camaro back together , the nitrous managed to pop both headgaskets.
im thinking i have distribution issues as it burnt the gaskets between cyls 5-7 and 6-8.

im going to back it off to a 75 shot and see what happens , it could have been that the felpro gaskets and stock headbolts couldnt hold upto the 15 pounds of boost + the nitrous, but i know somone who runs alot more boost and hit his with the same amount of nitrous and he dont take out the gaskets

i will say im not in a huge rush to test out the nitrous tune again as i need the car working so i can get back and forth to work during the week
I've never been a fan of NOS. Just seen too many good engines ruined by it.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Before they closed the airport in Vancouver, Wa I drove the 57 Olds to an antique plane fly in for a combination car and plane show. What a great day that was.

Hope you have a great day!

John
The museum at Pearson Air Park is pretty cool too, but also quite small. The WAAM Museum was fantastic, with over 100 planes from just after WWII and earlier. Plus 130 cars mostly pre WWII, but a handful in the 50's and 60's. All beautifully maintained, as are the buildings and grounds. They were also having a small swap meet while I was there, so walked around it also. Didn't see anything I wanted though.
They're in the process of building another building that will house mostly cars, and add even more floor space to the 5-6 buildings they now have.
I drove the Scenic Highway both directions, after a short freeway jaunt. The drive is such nice curvy roads that I could drive it every weekend and enjoy it. For a short wheelbase straight axle car, the Austin handles the curves quite well.

Last edited by 1971BB427; 08-03-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:35 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I've never been a fan of NOS. Just seen too many good engines ruined by it.
this is the first time ive used it on one of my own cars. going to need it to run bottom of the 9's with the current engine. not to mention how much it cools off the boost charge even with me having a massive air to air intercooler .

funny thing is when it poped the gaskets it was running right at 11.0-1 afr not sure if i need to richen it up at all but i dont think so. on boost alone i run 11.8-12.1 afrs
Old 08-03-2013, 06:55 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
this is the first time ive used it on one of my own cars. going to need it to run bottom of the 9's with the current engine. not to mention how much it cools off the boost charge even with me having a massive air to air intercooler .

funny thing is when it poped the gaskets it was running right at 11.0-1 afr not sure if i need to richen it up at all but i dont think so. on boost alone i run 11.8-12.1 afrs
A lot of guys I know who run high compression engines with either supercharger, or a big NOS hit, also O ring their blocks to help the gaskets hold. Might have to do that if you're topping off the compression with a big shot.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
A lot of guys I know who run high compression engines with either supercharger, or a big NOS hit, also O ring their blocks to help the gaskets hold. Might have to do that if you're topping off the compression with a big shot.
what im thinking is im leaning out on cyls 7 and 8 , i tested the nitrous at 15 psi of boost , and ive run this engine with 22 psi before , which should make more power then the 15psi + 100 shot

i should probably get a bunch of egt probes and hook them to my ecm so i can data log all the cyls, probably be the only way to know for sure

with my wideband 02 sensor its not going to show if one cyl is leaner then the others

and o-ringing the block is out on this one , this engine was the ultimate go fast as cheap as possible style build factory 0010 block .030 over , hand picked factory rods with good bolts, factory forged crank , speedpro forged pistons, summit racing hyd flat cam.

im well past the sane limits of the factory block, (shooting for 8-900 crank hp) so no point in spending more money on it, this is one of those get the most power and smiles from it as long as u can, and when it blows up the real engine goes in
Old 08-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Last photo:

Delete extra post.

Last edited by MARTINSR; 08-03-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 PM

Last photo:

I spent the entire day at a local show. But after a short nap on the couch I got out to the garage for a little blasting of the rust out of the jamb of the cab.

Brian

Old 08-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I got up and spent the entire day at a local show.

But tonight after a little nap on the couch I got out to the garage for a little blasting of rust in the jamb of the cab.

Brain
what's with the pans under the cars ???
Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
I guess it was a city thing, they provided one for every car! You don't want to get the street dirty do you! LOLOL Yeah Randy, it seemed pretty funky to me too, and my friends.

Brian
Old 08-03-2013, 11:53 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post

thats so all the tree huggers can collect the pans after the car show and say look how much these old cars leak and pollute, so they can try to get them taken off the road lol

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Trivia thread | - »