The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 316 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
And how about your physical therapy, what is that for?

Brian
I did not mean to ignore this. Just overlooked it.

I had a mild heart attack on 7-7-07 and after getting my 3 stents I went to 90 days of cardiac rehab at the local hospital. They offered a continuing plan that included spouse for about 35 dollars a month so Barb and I work out Tuesdays and Thursdays at the hospital cardiac rehab gym. If you are going to have a problem there is no better place than 500 feet from the emergency room. Huh?

Just so you know, I am one of the lucky ones. Normal EKG, no heart damage and no physical limitations. The only issue I have is a 40% blockage in one artery which I wonder if it will give me problems in the years ahead. I asked the Doctor and he told me, we would know in the years ahead. That makes sense Huh?

John

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Prayers are headed his way!

You had to go use that word didn't you! "utilitarian", crap, now you have me thinking again. This is one of the fun things though about doing something like this, you are creating something that didn't exist the day before, have fun!

Utilitarian, darn you!

Brian
You know I have sales training don't you...........
Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Last photo:

finally put the blow off valve on my camaro , this was late last night/early this morning when i picked my gf up from work
only 1-2 psi at very light throttle, damn thing is about 3x as loud when it goes off at 8 psi and 10x as loud above 13 psi

Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Glad you are getting some garage time David. We have missed your updates on the truck.

Thanks guys for asking about my friend Jim. Jim had surgery to repair a leaking heart valve. The surgery was not an emergency but he wanted to get it done before he got any older.

The first day after surgery he did well but then his blood pressure began to drop. They put him on a heart pump to give him time for his heart to rest. That was 2 weeks ago. They have attempted to take him off the heart pump 4 times but had to put him back on it everytime because his heart will not keep up without it. He is in very critical condition and I do not know what if any options there are. Now they say he could loose a leg do to the lack of circulation. Prayers are definitely in order.

Brian, I agree with David. Only your opinion is really important on the chop but you did ask. I personally like the slight rake you had earlier. It has a less utilitarian look but is a discrete change. I think it gives that futuristic look you are striving for.

Believe it or not David, So far it has not rained here. Go figure.

John

Well I did get a little done today ,this is what I have been doing got the cell installed ,ran the1/2 in hard lines to tje mechanical pump and installed the water seperat on cross member forgot my electric pump left it at home so I couldn't hard plumb the separator, on the front bottom of tank I will be running a line to the rearfor a water drian,i am installing a reece hitch for some rear end prctetion I will put the drain valve on it.

you will have to overlook sanding dust ,I know no one has any on thiers,LOL

we we are in the clear now ,march 03 ,light heart attack
april 04 two stints in my heart
may 05 dialysis
june 06 kidney transplant note months and year
yours 07//07/07 One good thing there is no 13/*13--14/14 so we are good for another 100 years ,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Cell install 872013 001.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	76472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Cell install 872013 002.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	76473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Cell install 872013 003.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	76474  

Last edited by 496CHEVY3100; 08-07-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Well I did get a little done today ,this is what I have been doing got the cell installed ,ran the1/2 in hard lines to tje mechanical pump and installed the water seperat on cross member forgot my electric pump left it at home so I couldn't hard plumb the separator, on the front bottom of tank I will be running a line to the rearfor a water drian,i am installing a reece hitch for some rear end prctetion I will put the drain valve on it.

you will have to overlook sanding dust ,I know no one has any on thiers,LOL

we we are in the clear now ,march 03 ,light heart attack
april 04 two stints in my heart
may 05 dialysis
june 06 kidney transplant note months and year
yours 07//07/07 One good thing there is no 13/*13--14/14 so we are good for another 100 years ,,

Looking good David. We sure like those progressive numbersmdon't we.

I have spent the day rebuilding the A Pillar on the drivers side so I can install the toe board and body mount. I posted pictures of the passenger side so I won't bore everyone with the same thing again. I will say this side was worse than the other and I had to disect the pillar even further than I did the other. I am on the down hill slope but Barb has a doctor appointment tomorrow and we have a car club meeting tomorrow night. It remains to be seen if I will get my 5 minutes in or not.

John
Old 08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Looks good David. Wish I had done something today. I have nothing at all to brag on. Nothing. Trip to physical therapy, trip to hospital to see criticaly ill friend, nap on the couch, mowed the front yard......The nap was good

John
Going to see your friend was a significant event. It may seem like drudgery to us and not much fun but to those in the hospital, it may well be the high light of their day. Congrats.
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
John long (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Ok guys, I got to thinking about the forward rake on the roof and did a little playing tonight, what do you think? I am liking it, still a tiny rake but not as much as before.

Brian

Looks MUCH better to me. More asthetically pleasing to the eye.......it flows better.... Appears the A pillar lines up slightly better too. It's got my vote.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Pulled my crank pulley today, and made up studs to fit the balancer, so I could get things tighter. The gilmer pulley seemed to have too much play around the bolts, and no way to eliminate it without changing bolt sizes. I replaced the 3/8" bolts with 10mm that I made into studs.
I cut the heads off, then put the bolt in my lathe and turned the 10mm down to 3/8" for the last two inches. Then I threaded them to 3/8-16 and put them in the balancer with blue Loctite. The 10mm fit perfect in the pulley holes, and I got 10mm nuts for the end that was already threaded to hold the pulley on.
With everything tight, I readjusted the belt, and took it out to the Wed. night Beaches cruise-drags, and I'll check the studs again tomorrow to see if they stay tight. Don't want to lose another spendy pulley!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
I got a strip cut to fill the gap on the roof skin. Got some braces made to hold the roof together there. I have to tell you this electric sheer I got years ago and have hardly used really works well. Another thing I wanted to show you guys was the metal I got at a metal supply place that I have been going to for 35 years, they have all kinds of stuff. But check out the stuff I got from their "scrap" section for next to nothing. The big one is 2 inches thick and 14" in diameter. The smaller one is 2.75 inch thick and 5" in diameter. Damn they are nice to have around. I used the smaller one in the vice tonight to bend some flat stock for the braces on the roof.

But check out the strip of metal I cut with literally zero distortion.

Brian

Click here to buy one of these sheers.
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 AM

Last photo:

I have formulated a plan for a trailer hitch on the '38 and went to a local fabricators for some material too. I can pick thru their cut off and scrap pile to see what I can use and then they weigh it and sell it to me for scrap price. I bought 25# of angle and plate steel for $20 Monday... The receiver tube was the spendy part. $30 for an 18" tube and it only comes poweder coated... I asked for a plain steel tube as I have to cut this to length and weld 4 angle brackets to it for mounting. Doesn't make any sense to grind off the coating I just paid for... I'm not a fan of powder coating anyway. Seems once rust gets started under it, and it WILL, the rust grows unseen until the coating starts to peel off. I may just grind it all bare and paint it along with the rest of the hitch.

Car is going in for an alignment today after the power rack and coil-over conversion. It's really close to being ready for Kool Deadwood Nights...
Old 08-08-2013, 07:13 PM

Last wiki edit: Electrolytic rust removal
Last journal entry: 2.75 in..3.50 posi out
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Something easy...

Don't judge....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	76502  
Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 PM

Last photo:

yay for the first time since i put the camaro into daily driver duty i havent had to do anything mechanical on it for a change.

instead i was able to get a good portion of dialing in the street tune

this is part throttle in second gear only 4-6 pounds of boost with a decent street tire and a good suspension , lol think i need to take more out of it for the street, or start making use of my ecm's traction/anti rev controls

Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
Yesterday I made these pieces of flat stock to clamp the top together along the seam. It sure as hell beat the way I did it the first time I chopped it 40 years ago....I made a piece of wood that went across and held it up with a jack off the floor.

I cut a piece of metal a little wider than the gap and clamped it up underneath. I then scribed along the edge so I could trim the metal to perfection for a nice butt weld.

After trimming the metal down and clamping it all back together it's ready to weld.

Brian
Old 08-09-2013, 12:24 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

got nothing done, doctors mon/wens/thurs/Friday(tomorrow) and then wait on test.. yet again..
so only thing I've done is order some parts and research info for my other cars, really need to get the printer working..
and find out how to transfer ei favorites to another computer, I fixed my other laptop and want to use it in the garage..
and would like all my car bookmarks on it.. without manually adding them all one by one.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Yesterday I made these pieces of flat stock to clamp the top together along the seam. It sure as hell beat the way I did it the first time I chopped it 40 years ago....I made a piece of wood that went across and held it up with a jack off the floor.

I cut a piece of metal a little wider than the gap and clamped it up underneath. I then scribed along the edge so I could trim the metal to perfection for a nice butt weld.

After trimming the metal down and clamping it all back together it's ready to weld.

Brian
Now the nervous anxiety begins. Good luck on the welding it in.

John

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.