Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#630 ·
Got the bead roller dies tweaked up. Lucky I didn't need to make new ones. I kept shaving them smaller and smaller til I got pretty close.

Should be close enough to visually not see a difference between the lines on the body and the new hood sides.

Attachments

#632 ·
nissan

I went to talk to a friend of mine today and look at his 49 ford topless rat rod.the windshield is cut down so he is trying to fab a roof.I told him I needed fenders and he had a set off a 37 ford he sold cheap and through in a set of new stacks from a semi.he has so much nice old ford stuff and wants to clean house.I also talked to a young feller who has a 54 ford pick-up for $2000,it just needs assembled.he has a 56 2 door ford wagon he wants to finish. it was a great day.

Attachments

#633 ·
I know this has nothing to do with hotrods, but this is what I have been working on for a couple of weeks. These are steel piling for floating docks, they are 93 feet long. They are 2 pieces of 46 foot black iron pipe 16 inch diameter with a 1/2 inch wall. There is a point for driving into mud/silt that is about a foot long and weights about 125 lbs. When these pile are driven there will be another 46 foot piece going on top with an h beam to tie the pile together.

Attachments

#634 ·
I cleaned the garage. It has half a 78 Chevy worth of pieces, an entire 54 Chevy in pieces, and it's only a small 2 car garage. After cleaning it all up and arranging it and filling a garbage can full of crap, and I van full of scrap metal, I surprised the wife. I said honey come look at this. She kinda misted up a little, then got mad. I asked her why. She said at first she thought I was dying or something, and then changed her mind and knew I wanted something. So much for spring cleaning. Guess I should clean the garage more often. :D

#635 ·
jonahb said:
I know this has nothing to do with hotrods, but this is what I have been working on for a couple of weeks. These are steel piling for floating docks, they are 93 feet long. They are 2 pieces of 46 foot black iron pipe 16 inch diameter with a 1/2 inch wall. There is a point for driving into mud/silt that is about a foot long and weights about 125 lbs. When these pile are driven there will be another 46 foot piece going on top with an h beam to tie the pile together.
hot rod or not
its what you worked on, and you are a hotrodder :thumbup: