The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 320 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I completely understand John, for some reason I couldn't get a bunch done today either...Even Chuck Connors couldn't motivate me. Probably only John would understand that...LOL

Ray

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
John long (08-10-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
There was just enough shop,time tonight to plug weld my pieces together. I took some pictures as I did it I can post over on my rust repair thread. I just could not make myself get up and get started today. At least I did a little.

John

john you should clear powder coat those parts and install them so every one could see your craftsman ship .
Old 08-10-2013, 07:26 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

[QUOTE=John long;1703679]There was just enough shop,time tonight to plug weld my pieces together. I took some pictures as I did it I can post over on my rust repair thread. I just could not make myself get up and get started today. At least I did a little.

John

Hey, it's Saturday. You deserve to rest up after working hard all week at being retired.....

Now that I'm not sitting on my butt, steerin' an gearin' a truck for 10 hours a day, my life is busier with more physical tasks and I'm more tired as a "retiree' than I was working....
Old 08-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,359 Times in 1,103 Posts
Well guys, being the kindly old grandfatherly type that Josh Lizer says I am, I do hope I get enough energy to finish this thing befor I die.

John
Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

He dosnt know you ,Us very well,
Old 08-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
He dosnt know you ,Us very well,
LOL. The way time flies he will be one of us soon enough.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Widetrack does,

Lucas and Mark McCain Johnny Ceawford ,,Chuck Conner ring a bell.lol
Old 08-10-2013, 11:51 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I completely understand John, for some reason I couldn't get a bunch done today either...Even Chuck Connors couldn't motivate me. Probably only John would understand that...LOL

Ray
What did he do? Stick a Winchester up your butt?

BB
Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

played basketball today and for a while been feeling old. I've been getting better with my handles but it hasn't resulted in more points. It has resulted in less turnovers and more assists, but still playing pretty good. Then the trees left and I took over the gym. I guess I haven't been giving credit enough to how the competition at the gym got a lot better. I'm hearing the Roseville 24 hr has been dead so we're getting those players at my gym now. A lot of college players, highschool, and a few d leaguers. High intense games and the guys that used to come that can't hang seem to come later now when it dies down-lol. I just go for it and am getting the ball a lot but know my role and have been dishing some pretty impressive passes and getting easy baskets by driving and dishing but haven't been too aggressive trying to score. Lots of fun.

After that I took my daughter to a nice lake and picked wild berries for her. She had a blast. No car stuff on the weekend til I get my car at the shop.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Yes "496CHEVY3100" I do understand. When your a kid...everything is exciting. We didn't have a television at home until I was about 9 years old...my Dad had one at his service station so, in order for my Mom to get a break from my older brother and me, we would spend some quality time with Dad at the B/A station on Sundays...I got to watch the Rifleman...Like I said, it was exciting.

Then I hit my teens, I was invincible, I knew everything, I was so smart...LOL.

Got to my 20's, lots of energy, got married and started a family.

In my 30's, I started to wonder where my money was going but, it's all worth it, I have great kids.

In my 40's, well, it's time to think of College and University so, some sacrifices needed to be made.

Now that I'm in my 50's and being fortunate enough to be able to do what I enjoy, I get up early (between 5 AM and 6 AM) on Saturday mornings and watch re-runs of the Rifleman while I work. Funny how it took 50 years but I've come full circle...most times the old episodes are new again, but, yesterday I remembered every last one. So, that's why Chuck Connors couldn't even motivate me yesterday.

And "BoothBoy", your suggestion would have definitely got me motivated and off my butt...how else could Chuck Connors have so strategically placed that Winchester?...LOL

Ray
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (08-11-2013), John long (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Mornin Ray
Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

I watched 3 episodes of Andy Griffin Friday still funny after all these years.

All of these reality shows
Old 08-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

And Mornin back at ya John, I actually felt guilty about going to the trouble of getting up early yesterday and not getting anything worthwhile or to be more specific, anything done that I promised myself I'd get done. So I tried it again today...So far, it looks like I'm going to get done what I wanted to get done yesterday. Maybe the thought of "Boothboy's" suggestion yesterday etched in my mind was the motivating factor here...LOL.

I love watching the "Andy Griffith Show", "496CHEVY3100", that's another one of those old nostalgic shows that brings back memories of a more simple time. Isn't it amazing how the shows that are now considered Classics still make you smile. I've often wondered why in today's 500 to a 1,000 channel cable TV offerings, I can't find F-Troop on anywhere. With Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker, always conniving with the Hacowie Indians. I remember belly laughing at that show in the 60's.

Well, it's back to work, you never know, "Boothboy" might be watching and packing...LOL

Ray
Old 08-11-2013, 08:47 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

I'm watchin, just not packin----right now. Did you know that Chuck Conners played for the Brooklyn Dodgers?

BB
Old 08-11-2013, 09:02 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post

I have an 11 lb spool of EZ Grind wire lying on the table right now. Have not put it on the welder yet. A couple of things here:

First, it has no WS Classification. (not rated by the Welder's society)

Second, it is unbelievably expensive regular spool of .024 wire is about 26 dollars. The EZ Grind is about 69 dollars.

I have had several people say they would not use it without a certification, One said it did not like rusty metal. Of course no MIG welder does.

I thought I would do a test. I will butt weld a couple of 2 inch wide strips of 18 ga metal with my regular wire before I take it off the machine and then weld a couple of pieces with the EZ Grind. Then I will bend them back and forth and see how many bends it takes for them to break. See where they break and of course compare grinding.

I will give you guys an update in a few days.

John

I would like that very much ,John I'm sure everyone would like to know about it...

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.