The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 321 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 09:04 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Looking good, how many pairs of vice grips do you have?

Brian
Not enough ,I'll bet....you just cant have too many pairs of vice grips....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I did not know that, that's very interesting. With his baseball and acting skills, he could have played, who was it...Buford Puser I think in Walking Tall. After "The Rifleman" he went on to play in another Western about a Civil war Soldier that got accused of being a coward and court marshaled. That series didn't last to long but I think it was called "Branded". I always liked the introduction of the show, he would be getting court marshaled, the commanding officer broke his sword and handed the stub back to Chuck. He kept the stub, turned it into a knife and fought off all the bad guys with it.

Oh the trivial trivia on a Sunday morning...LOL

Ray
Old 08-11-2013, 09:15 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I did not know that, that's very interesting. With his baseball and acting skills, he could have played, who was it...Buford Puser I think in Walking Tall. After "The Rifleman" he went on to play in another Western about a Civil war Soldier that got accused of being a coward and court marshaled. That series didn't last to long but I think it was called "Branded". I always liked the introduction of the show, he would be getting court marshaled, the commanding officer broke his sword and handed the stub back to Chuck. He kept the stub, turned it into a knife and fought off all the bad guys with it.

Oh the trivial trivia on a Sunday morning...LOL

Ray
Well here's another tidbit. Prier to his baseball career he played for the Celtics.

BB
Old 08-11-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
I watched 3 episodes of Andy Griffin Friday still funny after all these years.

All of these reality shows
yes they're still funny .....but only to us... any of you guys remember Branded? from before the rifleman The Carol brunet show with tim conway ,now thats one of the funniest shows ever when they got together even they couldnt help cracking up...Tim conway still crakes me up ...with just a look...
Old 08-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Hey Mike, I just remembered Branded...mentioned it in post #4802....those old shows like "The Carol Burnett Show" with Tim Conway, I think are as funny today as they where back in the day...I was watching an episode with my Nephew a few months ago, he was on the floor laughing. What caught his eye and made him laugh more was Carol trying to keep a straight face and having to turn away from the cameras when Tim was doing some improve...it was hilarious.

"Boothboy", with all the Chuck Connors information we have between the two of us, how about we start a new board game, Trivial Pursuit, the Chuck Connors edition...LOL

Ray
Old 08-11-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Hey Mike, I just remembered Branded...mentioned it in post #4802....those old shows like "The Carol Burnett Show" with Tim Conway, I think are as funny today as they where back in the day...I was watching an episode with my Nephew a few months ago, he was on the floor laughing. What caught his eye and made him laugh more was Carol trying to keep a straight face and having to turn away from the cameras when Tim was doing some improve...it was hilarious.

"Boothboy", with all the Chuck Connors information we have between the two of us, how about we start a new board game, Trivial Pursuit, the Chuck Connors edition...LOL

Ray
carrol, Tim and who was that other guy? Harvey,Harry ??? I've actually laughed so hard I could'nt breath, watching those three,I hate when that happens...Just when you startbeing able to breath again they do something else and it starts all over again, there were times when I actually thought I was gonna die laughing....come to think of it that wouldnt be a bad way to go...when my time comes, insted of lingering on I'll just watch those reruns...
Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Heathen

Last photo:

Harvey Corman
Old 08-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

I did get my floor pan corner put in today. Still need to heat the upper brace and form it to the new assembly and weld it. It will be good to get shims back under it and do away with the jacks.

John

Old 08-11-2013, 05:29 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Hit the local trade school car show this morning. It's less than a mile away, and I enjoy supporting the kids and the school. They had a "cackle fest" which I wasn't planning on entering, but got talked into by the club putting on the show. Contestants had already lined up when they asked me to bring the Falcon over, so I declined, but two guys started helping me uncork the headers, and I was ready before I could protest too much!
The Falcon's BBC is obnoxiously loud uncapped, and today was no different. I swore I wouldn't uncap without being at the drags, but made the exception today. In the end I was happy, as the winning trophy was hand made by one of the club members, and I love hand built trophies. The plastic ones do nothing for me, but this is so cool!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1971BB427 For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (08-11-2013), MARTINSR (08-11-2013), tech69 (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Pretty cool. I uncapped the flathead a while back when I went to a show. I thought it really sounded good and then my buddy uncapped his BBC with a Thumper cam. How embarrassing. Made my flatty sound like a Briggs and Stratton.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Pretty cool. I uncapped the flathead a while back when I went to a show. I thought it really sounded good and then my buddy uncapped his BBC with a Thumper cam. How embarrassing. Made my flatty sound like a Briggs and Stratton.
That's kinda like what I thought when I uncap my 327 Chevy and thought it sounds good. But then I uncap the 464 in the Falcon, and every head in the show is trying to see where it's coming from.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Sitting here on the front porch. Thunder is rolling in the distance. A storm is rolling in.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Sitting here on the front porch. Thunder is rolling in the distance. A storm is rolling in.

we were the distant thunder you heard LOL,,

another storm today while I was finishing mowing,last 20 minutes in rain,very little lightning,

Great picture,John
Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
we were the distant thunder you heard LOL,,

another storm today while I was finishing mowing,last 20 minutes in rain,very little lightning,

Great picture,John
Hmmmmm, Mowing, I knew there was something I was going to do after church.

John
Old 08-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Nothing on the truck today, had a very interesting day though, wonderful in fact. We went for quite a drive (almost 2 hours) to a friends surprise 60th birthday party. It was my brothers friend who sold me my truck.
What do you get a 60 year old guy for his birthday? It hit me last night to print out a bunch of photos of my truck from the day I got it from him until now and put them in a little photo album with a thank you note to him for selling it to me (basically giving it to me it was so cheap) and how it started my career and fed my family and bought my homes and just a big thank you for being such a big part of my life's work.
Kinda corny but I know he and I have talked about the truck in the past when I have ran into him. Well this went over BIG, he was very happy seeing the photos as he said he has so few, the photos of the motor where he made the intake and headers from scratch in auto shop at the highschool when he was a junior, he didn't have any photos of it and was very happy to have them. We talked and talked and talked with his friends about how they made it and the names of the flange company and on and on, it was a GAS listening to him. Very good day, yes indeed.

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.