The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 322 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 10:44 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Hey Mike, I just remembered Branded...mentioned it in post #4802....those old shows like "The Carol Burnett Show" with Tim Conway, I think are as funny today as they where back in the day...I was watching an episode with my Nephew a few months ago, he was on the floor laughing. What caught his eye and made him laugh more was Carol trying to keep a straight face and having to turn away from the cameras when Tim was doing some improve...it was hilarious.

"Boothboy", with all the Chuck Connors information we have between the two of us, how about we start a new board game, Trivial Pursuit, the Chuck Connors edition...LOL

Ray
Ray what you probably don't want to know is that when "Mark"grew up he became a body builder and worked in the "Adult" movie business.

BB

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
Hit the local trade school car show this morning. It's less than a mile away, and I enjoy supporting the kids and the school. They had a "cackle fest" which I wasn't planning on entering, but got talked into by the club putting on the show. Contestants had already lined up when they asked me to bring the Falcon over, so I declined, but two guys started helping me uncork the headers, and I was ready before I could protest too much!
The Falcon's BBC is obnoxiously loud uncapped, and today was no different. I swore I wouldn't uncap without being at the drags, but made the exception today. In the end I was happy, as the winning trophy was hand made by one of the club members, and I love hand built trophies. The plastic ones do nothing for me, but this is so cool!
Damn that's neat!

Brian
Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

I read a bunch of childish responses from a bunch of old stubborn farts on this website. Trolls.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

It would be nice if you had a video of that truck with sound ,with that setup ,exaust and intake
Old 08-12-2013, 02:28 PM

Last journal entry: Getting it together.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496chevy3100 View Post
it would be nice if you had a video of that truck with sound ,with that setup ,exaust and intake
agreed!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:29 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
It would be nice if you had a video of that truck with sound ,with that setup ,exaust and intake
Unfortunetly that motor is long gone. One of those dumb things, I should have kept the intake. I have thought about making another just to hang on the wall. But yeah, I have nothing, just photos and a film without sound (old 8mm) my dad shot.

It ran pretty good, best was 16:42 at 85 mph in the quarter.
It had a pair of glass packs right at the transmission then twin pipes side by side ala Jag out the back under the bumper. Going down a hill in first it rapped big time, I had a lot of fun with it.

On Saturday my friend went all through how they (him and my brother) modified the carb which was a 57 Chevy or something like that, the predecessor to the AFB. They drilled four holes for the accelerator pump. It really ran very well, it was my daily driver for a number of years like this. I later made new headers that were much better than these though. The carb was pretty high, the only air cleaner that fit under the hood was an inch thick 6" round. That's saying a lot when a big block with a blower will fit in there! But of course it hardly ever had a hood on it. The carb was 14" off the top of the valve cover as I remember. The packed the tubing with sand so they could bend it without it folding in half.

Brian
Old 08-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

What did I do today? Well, so far I written another 21 pages for a report for a client.

Took a sympathy card over to a friend who's wife passed away last week.

Next comes stuffing some insulation into the rafters of my shop so I can then apply the vapor barrier poly and then install the ceiling. Hoping to get a few square feet of THAT done today, too. Little by little...

(But project report has to be done by the time of a conference call Friday morning. Call is already scheduled, and it is for the purpose of reviewing the report, so I must "de-digitate forthwith")
Old 08-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Done in true hot rodder style ,

hope this meets the approval of everyone.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:43 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Spun my wheels for hours trying to figure out the 2 speed motor on my Falcon's wipers. Not sure how to wire it to run, and don't have a switch, as the '63 two speed is so rare. Can't seem to find any info on it either. May end up swapping it out for a F100 wiper motor and switch, if I can't get it going.
Then the wife's car battery died suddenly. Not sure what happened as it's only 2.5 yrs. into a seven year battery. But took it in for warranty and she's back on 4 wheels again!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:48 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Friday I had to neutralize some rust mort and was having a good time metal working the severely screwed roof, slapping it, shrinking it with a disk just enough to get it stout but the entire roof was screwed so I had to skim it and block lightly. So when I came in today the last thing I wanted to see was bondo and what was awaiting me was a 10 hr quarter. Joy.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 AM

Last photo:

Photographed a female college volleyball team. Yeah buddy! Cold water a must.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppinblock View Post
Photographed a female college volleyball team. Yeah buddy! Cold water a must.

We need to see this "work"....
Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM

Last journal entry: Continuing BodModOp... Body Modifiation Operator
Last photo:

I'm finishing up my wheel

I'm just about done with my steering wheel. I still need to male some sort of cover/horn button for the center.

The wheel is aluminum and Koa wood I sent back from Hawaii. The out fasteners are stainless with counter bored pockets for the nuts on the back. The hub is a quick disconnect from Speedway redrilled for my bolt pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	76618  
Old 08-13-2013, 03:49 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Went over to the local sheet metal shop today, and had him bend me up a fan shroud for the Falcon. He does nice work, and at $20 I sure can't complain. I mounted it, and marked out the center hole; then cut it out and drilled the 4 mounting holes for the fan, and 4 more for the shroud to radiator.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:38 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuggMills View Post
I'm just about done with my steering wheel. I still need to male some sort of cover/horn button for the center.

The wheel is aluminum and Koa wood I sent back from Hawaii. The out fasteners are stainless with counter bored pockets for the nuts on the back. The hub is a quick disconnect from Speedway redrilled for my bolt pattern.
Damn neat work there guy.

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.