The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 325 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2013, 10:32 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Not sure what brand that flapper disc is, but some are great, and others wear out quickly! I love them, but it's hard to buy great ones! Seems like even the American made discs are not what they used to be for me.
What brand is the one you have?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,013 Posts
I don't know, I'll check tomorrow.

Brian
Old 08-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
They caught one of them, not sure which one but they did catch one of them. The one arrested was 46 years old! FORTY SIX years old for God's sake, this isn't a young punk. This piece of garbage has been the scourge of society for 46 years!

Brian
He'll be in trouble with his Mom, probably get kicked right outta her basement for this...

*makes ''L'' gesture with fingers and places them on forehead*
Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC View Post
He'll be in trouble with his Mom, probably get kicked right outta her basement for this...

*makes ''L'' gesture with fingers and places them on forehead*
Big time, what a pathetic life huh? Like I said, he needs to be eliminated from society PERMANENTLY!

Brian
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
try the norton blaze flap disks if you get a chance. They make really good 3" rolocs too. They are bright orange.
Ditto on the Norton Blaze, at least the orange 50 grit Rolocs.

Those Blaze flap discs are in Norton's industrial (not automotive) catalog and sound like they are ceramic-based.

Quote:
Our re-engineered Norton Blaze R980P ceramic flap discs with their improved Y-weight polyester backing and better base adhesion, have exceptional grain retention resulting in 30% longer life our original Norton Blaze discs. Highest Productivity Lowest Total Grinding Costs. Last 50% to 200% longer than any flap disc on stainless steel, cobalt, chrome, inconel, titanium and other hard-to-grind materials.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure-Discs-Flap-Family-Norton-8392.pdf (1.03 MB, 21 views)
Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
try the norton blaze flap disks if you get a chance. They make really good 3" rolocs too. They are bright orange.
I will give it a try, this one is SERIOUSLY impressive. I don't know if I got it at HF or my local hardware store. If it's HF I am going to buy a box of them!

Brian
Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Big time, what a pathetic life huh? Like I said, he needs to be eliminated from society PERMANENTLY!

Brian
If he hasn't got his act together by 46, he never will. Too late to have that life changing moment that would change him now. I think your idea may be the only life changing moment that would work.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:45 AM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Once I was done with the hitch, I needed a panel for the electric plug. None of the ready made ones would work for this application so I took a page out of John L's book and bent a piece of 20 gauge sheet.

Used a hole saw and self drilling screws to mount the receiver plug.

Quick trip thru the blasting cabinet.

Painted it with the same paint as the hitch and put it on.

MANY hours later of getting all the wiring together, I now have a functional hitch with electric brakes and 12v power to charge the on-board battery going down the road. This is what all the work has been for...going to Kool Deadwood Nights next week....

Old 08-16-2013, 01:55 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC View Post
Ditto on the Norton Blaze, at least the orange 50 grit Rolocs.

Those Blaze flap discs are in Norton's industrial (not automotive) catalog and sound like they are ceramic-based.
hmmmmmmm... maybe they don't make them for auto body anymore. I recall buying a couple singles at the local paint supply place. He's also the guy that got me turned onto the blaze rolocs. We never looked back since. the only drawback is they aren't flexible with your 1" backing pad. I like to have two die Grinders one with a 3" and one that flexes, and those don't flex very well, but they are awesome anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to tech69 For This Useful Post:
John long (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Once I was done with the hitch, I needed a panel for the electric plug. None of the ready made ones would work for this application so I took a page out of John L's book and bent a piece of 20 gauge sheet.

MANY hours later of getting all the wiring together, I now have a functional hitch with electric brakes and 12v power to charge the on-board battery going down the road. This is what all the work has been for...going to Kool Deadwood Nights next week...

That will be grear this fall TMP. I like it a lot.

A buddy of mine gave me a 1 inch thick piece of Phenolic material so I made a spacer for the flathead in the roadster with the help of another friend.

I also finished welding up the a pillar mounts for the BelAir conv. It has been a long time since Rusy didn't have a jack stand under one or both of the A pillars.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (08-16-2013), Too Many Projects (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:

MANY hours later of getting all the wiring together, I now have a functional hitch with electric brakes and 12v power to charge the on-board battery going down the road. This is what all the work has been for...going to Kool Deadwood Nights next week....

Looking extreamly good!!!

BB
The Following User Says Thank You to boothboy For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
A buddy of mine gave me a 1 inch thick piece of Phenolic material so I made a spacer for the flathead in the roadster with the help of another friend.

I also finished welding up the a pillar mounts for the BelAir conv. It has been a long time since Rusy didn't have a jack stand under one or both of the A pillars.

Car looks great sitting on all 4 paws without help....

Is the spacer a heat insulator or "performance" part...
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,066 Posts
Quote:
Car looks great sitting on all 4 paws without help....

Is the spacer a heat insulator or "performance" part...
Yes it is for insulation. Last month the car did not want to start hot. I ordered a new intake gasket, carb kit and made this insulator. I am also going to block off the heat risers.

I really want to drive the car to my buddies church show saturday and to the Sonic on Monday. Then I am going to tear it down. It shouldn't be a big deal with the flathead but I am going to go ahead and adjust the valves while the intake is off.

John
Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Yes it is for insulation. Last month the car did not want to start hot. I ordered a new intake gasket, carb kit and made this insulator. I am also going to block off the heat risers.

I really want to drive the car to my buddies church show saturday and to the Sonic on Monday. Then I am going to tear it down. It shouldn't be a big deal with the flathead but I am going to go ahead and adjust the valves while the intake is off.

John

Do you think it is vapor locking after getting hot or starving for fuel to keep it from starting

I boughta electric boost pump from car quest Tuesday it only runs 2.5 to 4 psi so I can run it in line with my stock pump

,i am also running a return line with a 4 psi regulator in the return line to keep the pressure at 4 psiif it tries to go above that anount the regulator will open to keep from over feuling the carbs since the holleys will unseat the needle off the seat if above that,

don't remember which carb you have I think wcfb carter ,as I renember they had well plugs under the bottom like a Qjet that would leak the fuel into the intake after turning off engine hot ,somestimes flooding the engine or leaking the fuel out the bowl would have to turn the engine long enough to fill bowl before it would start,

Just a thought,,might not have any to do with your problem,,
Old 08-16-2013, 11:04 PM

Last photo:

Nothing on the truck tonight other than a little planning. I cleaned up the Gran Sport for a great local show that I enjoy in a little old town near by. So it's all spiffed up and we are ready for the sun to come up tomorrow. Then I am off to my daughter-in-law's 30th birthday party.

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.