The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 352 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2013, 06:30 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
this guy apparently got into it with his wife and was going thru a divorce. It was suicide. Today my radiator went out so I didn't clock in and just took out the radiator and ordered a new one and walked home. I crossed the street so I wouldn't walk in the bike lane or anywhere near where it happened. I saw a bunch of orange spray paint and I'm guessing it had to do with the investigation. One guy takes his own life and many other people will be affected for the rest of their lives, even the garbage truck guy. Sad. As for my day, you just read about it and I'm not very happy about it but at least I'm still alive and I have a healthy baby girl.
We all can count our blessings.

BB

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:

Quote:
I'm still alive and I have a healthy baby girl.
We all need to focus on the positive aspects of our lives and keep moving forward.
I'm still learning how to do that....
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (09-27-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Today I installed a water pump on a 1998 Chevy 3800. I borrowed this car while I rebuild the front end of my 1976 GMC Sprint...then the thing starts leaking.....bummer! No work on the Sprint
Scholman
Old 09-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

When you read about life and death experiences that other people are dealing with it makes these old cars seem pretty unimportant. I sure am thankful for my blessings.

I did manage to get the next row of floor pan supports built but.......It is out of square but I have not attempted to figure out why yet.

John

Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

opened up on you? In the back?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,073 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
this guy apparently got into it with his wife and was going thru a divorce. It was suicide. Today my radiator went out so I didn't clock in and just took out the radiator and ordered a new one and walked home. I crossed the street so I wouldn't walk in the bike lane or anywhere near where it happened. I saw a bunch of orange spray paint and I'm guessing it had to do with the investigation. One guy takes his own life and many other people will be affected for the rest of their lives, even the garbage truck guy. Sad. As for my day, you just read about it and I'm not very happy about it but at least I'm still alive and I have a healthy baby girl.
Yep, it sure makes us see things different, thank goodness. Life is precious that's for sure.

Brian
Old 09-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
opened up on you? In the back?
No, the car is still square Henry. Just the last set of body mounts and floor board channel are forward on the passenger side. The seat mounting bracket does not fit. I have not pursued it yet but it can't be very difficult to correct. Nothing os welded in yet. It may be drilled a little off or it may be the vertical side of the body mount is angled forward. Maybe both??

John
Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
No, the car is still square Henry. Just the last set of body mounts and floor board channel are forward on the passenger side. The seat mounting bracket does not fit. I have not pursued it yet but it can't be very difficult to correct. Nothing os welded in yet. It may be drilled a little off or it may be the vertical side of the body mount is angled forward. Maybe both??

John
While I was out today I went by Staples Office Supply and picked up 10 sheets of poster board and a box of 12 sharpies to get ready to make floor pans but.....Santa brought me a set rear floor pan body mounts so I just have to do them next. .....Thanks Santa who ever you are.

John
Old 09-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Shop ceiling insulation

I spent the last couple of days pricing out the R40 Insulation for the shop ceiling. I have the poly and the plywood already (and already painted the plywood!)

Went to a couple of places and found that the "listed" price is $55.95 for 48 sq ft bundle of R40 (or 40 Sq feet bundle in some places!) (Gotta watch what it is U R getting!)

Then by going from one place to another with a "Yes, but I need 2200 sq feet " and asking for a best price on that much all at once. "Can you match the price I got at xxxx"

Then "can I get it delivered?"

Believe it or don't - best final price was $40.00 per 48 sq ft, bundle, delivered, from Home Despot!

They beat 3 of the local (independent) lumber yards, plus they beat Rona (not hard to do) and they beat a couple of other chains. BTW - Rona said - the price is the price. (Thanks a bunch, you censored bleeps!) No Lowes anywhere near.

2 local yards could match the $40.00 price (and one of those was $40.00 for a 40 sq ft bundle!) but they wanted $200.00 for delivery, non-negotiable.

So it will be delivered on Oct 9, and now I gotta clear a spot on the floor for it all!

Saved over 750 bucks and got delivery tossed in.

I can see where MY time will be spent for the next month or two - stuff insulation into the rafters, cover the underside with poly, then put the plywood up, then reinstall the lights. Wonder when I'm gonna be able to get back to working on a car!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,073 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
When you read about life and death experiences that other people are dealing with it makes these old cars seem pretty unimportant. I sure am thankful for my blessings.

I did manage to get the next row of floor pan supports built but.......It is out of square but I have not attempted to figure out why yet.

John

It may sound kinda stupid but I count my old cars among my blessings. I know there is much more important and profound blessings like family and health, but I will often be hit with a thank you to God for the good fortune of having what I have. I am MILES from materialistic and and don't have much anyway. I look more at my cars as an "experience" than a "thing". I am so thankful for the experiences my cars bring me each day.

Brian
Old 09-27-2013, 02:17 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
It may sound kinda stupid but I count my old cars among my blessings. I know there is much more important and profound blessings like family and health, but I will often be hit with a thank you to God for the good fortune of having what I have. I am MILES from materialistic and and don't have much anyway. I look more at my cars as an "experience" than a "thing". I am so thankful for the experiences my cars bring me each day.

Brian
I agree 100%. Having a hobby that provides the friendships, personal satisfaction, and pays it's own way is indeed a blessing.

I had dinner at a small local restaurant with 4 other couples last night. All friends with old cars who get together on Thursdays. We don't even drive our cars but if it weren't for the cars we would not even know each other.

The scripture says all good things come from the Lord. Why would we not include these old cars.....and their owners.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 07:57 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post

Brian
Ditto here too Brian! I feel bad for those who don't have a hobby that gives so much satisfaction as the car hobby does for so many of us! It truly is the most enjoyable thing I do for relaxation, even when I'm worn out from it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1971BB427 For This Useful Post:
John long (09-27-2013), MARTINSR (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Emptied the rear of the car of all the stuff I had stored in it. The area under the seat along with the convertible structure was more intact than I expected. The trunk is not. Looking forward to removing the undercoating, cleaning it up and really evaluating the work required.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

finally got my car done. I was waiting for a special coupler for the upper hose cause I couldn't get it off the old radiator with hot water and prying it without thrashing it. One cool thing about this german engineered car is that you can set back the support to give you more room to put in the radiator. If you ever do a front end hit on one of these and you need to e-vac your AC system you can take the bumper/headlights/support/condensor/radiator out as one unit. I recall doing one years ago but for this repair I had to take the bumper off to separate the condenser from radiator.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Didn't work on a car today ,but I did work I bought 2 ,55 chevys today 1 belair and 1-210 both two door sedans and 2 truck loads of extra parts,still have to pick up the belair tomorrow it is still in the barn,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	84594  

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.