The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 358 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I installed my "Moon" "Cool Can" I bought for 5 dollars, and my "Cam Dynamics" vacuum Brake booster reservoir I picked up for 5 dollars and routed the lines. I also scuffed & sealed the scoop I picked up for 20 bucks and sat it over my carbs to show the wife what it would look like on her engine She smiled and said it was Bad A S S LOL

Jester

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/atta...1&d=1380665335
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cool can (10).JPG
Views:	31
Size:	774.6 KB
ID:	85810   Click image for larger version

Name:	cool can (11).JPG
Views:	27
Size:	771.7 KB
ID:	85818   Click image for larger version

Name:	cool can (3).JPG
Views:	23
Size:	798.3 KB
ID:	85826   Click image for larger version

Name:	cool can (1).JPG
Views:	31
Size:	795.9 KB
ID:	85834   Click image for larger version

Name:	cool can (7).JPG
Views:	21
Size:	764.5 KB
ID:	85842  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
John long (10-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 07:09 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Finally feeling better after a week of some rotten cold virus. Went down to my buddy's house and helped him begin mockup of his '69 Nova A/FX clone. We stripped out the front suspension today, and began mocking up his straight axle. Have to figure kingpin angles tomorrow and then start fabbing up mounts.
It was raining hard when I got there, but when we stopped and opened the garage door it was beautiful sunshine! So I ran home and took the Falcon for a quick drive to enjoy the weather after a week of record rains!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,096 Posts
I continued to chip off the under coating on this thing today. Also removed the convertible top mechanism and the RH top cylinder. Also got the body bolts out of the RH side.

I am really pumped the inner structure is as much intact as it is. Since the car is on the frame I am going to have to remove some of the structure to get to the floorboards and mounts to replace them. I also have to replace the inner rocker for about the last 18 inches or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (10-02-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Took the T-bucket for a long overdue ride to my buddy Bron's. Have only put 400 miles on the bucket since May 3rd. That means that I have been way too busy for a retiree. Working on Bron's $800 Four Winns 170 Freedom inboard/ outboard. Has a 2.3 Ford ain it that had not run in at least 6 years, and found out why this week, after getting the engine runnning perfect. Short explanation : bolt in transom bracket backing out and eventually falling out of cable that shifts lower unit, coinciding with owner continually misadjusting cable in attempt to compensate, resulting in stripped lower unit. Whew that was a mouthful. I have refurbished a distributor that was a pile of rust, with the centrifugal advance unit seized solid and the breaker plate comletely rusted. The stud that the coil wire connects to on the side of the dist was even rusted off. And the choke wire terminal was rusted off. Not to mention that the timing belt tensioner pulley was rusted through to the bearing. Of course the cam was also 90 degrees out of time and the alternator was locked up also. To beat it all, when Bron bought the boat, all the guy told him, was that the engine wasn't getting any spark. Oh well, eventually we will get to go boating. After Bron's dad gets done replacing the rotted out floor and the non existent seating.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

2 weekends ago I got an old prentiss vise for 7 dollars at a garage sale. Not too bad rusty, but most of the rust is down in the swivel. So I am going to clean it with electrolysis. Tonight I bought the stuff to get the electrolysis tank going. Tractor supply had the steel rod and walmart the washing soda. Got home and cut the rod to length for the plastic tote I already had. Also dug out some wire in the basement for the setup. May finish it tomorrow or wait till the weekend. The vise also needs one new jaw face, which I will also have to fabricate.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

tried to get my car smogged and it's throwing codes that there's a vacuum leak, swapped some lines that were leaking and reset. Will go back on Friday to see if it stays that way but am also trying to find other leaks. I hear one but couldn't find it with starting fluid. Also I see my chinese crap aftermarket radiator that I just put in on Friday has a leak in it. It's guaranteed but man, what a piece!!! I'll deal with that after my car passes smog. Got til the 8th to register and it doesn't look good at the moment.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
God how I hate the late model computer controlled junk! I HAVE to have it for the family (realistically) but damn I hate it.

Tonight I got back out in the garage on the truck for a half hour or so making the patch for the gap on the drivers side over the door. Damn that little thing is hard to make with the folds and the perfection of a perfect fit to butt weld without a filler rod, holy crap. The long pieces are easy without the folds but that sucker is a project. I had to walk out before it wasn't fun. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Brian
Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
2 weekends ago I got an old prentiss vise for 7 dollars at a garage sale. Not too bad rusty, but most of the rust is down in the swivel. So I am going to clean it with electrolysis. Tonight I bought the stuff to get the electrolysis tank going. Tractor supply had the steel rod and walmart the washing soda. Got home and cut the rod to length for the plastic tote I already had. Also dug out some wire in the basement for the setup. May finish it tomorrow or wait till the weekend. The vise also needs one new jaw face, which I will also have to fabricate.
I wish there was a tractor supply around here, that place has some good stuff. And it reminds me of my childhood when I go in there. I will have to plan on getting there when I go visit my kids. It's two hours from here but I pass one and then there's another near there house. Don't forget the Black Diamond blasting material they have, it KICKS BUTT over sand!

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
silentpoet (10-03-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 12:41 AM

Last journal entry: C10
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I guess I wasn't very clear Bill. The car is not out of square. The 3rd row floorboard channel and body mounts are. They are not even attached to the car yet. I will tweak them as needed but have to admit I got all excited about the fourth row and have not pursued it yet.

John
Well I'm glad I misunderstood and the bild is going well on your '53.

Bill
The Following User Says Thank You to Metalman Sr. For This Useful Post:
John long (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 AM

Last journal entry: C10
Last photo:

'53

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I guess I wasn't very clear Bill. The car is not out of square. The 3rd row floorboard channel and body mounts are. They are not even attached to the car yet. I will tweak them as needed but have to admit I got all excited about the fourth row and have not pursued it yet.

John
Well I'm glad I misunderstood and the bild is going well on your '53.

Bill
PS This iPad is driving me snaky, so please forgive the double post. Ya all have a great day.

Last edited by Metalman Sr.; 10-02-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post

I remember this process in the past but never tried it,what are yhe mixing ratios and the products
I have some small parts I would like to clean without bead blast or glass,
Old 10-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Last photo:

block sanding some filler on the sides of the bucket body before my last 2 layers of glass and Kevlar - slow work but needed for smooth lines - passenger side almost done - grill shell done - hope to finish the block sanding this weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	030.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	86169   Click image for larger version

Name:	032.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	86177  
Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 PM

Last journal entry: Getting it together.
Last photo:

Just hung out with my wife watched some idiot box.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,096 Posts
Dug out the body mount at the B pillar of the BelAir and started fabricating the replacement mounts. These are first mounts I have come across that are symmetrical. ...Bout time.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:57 PM

Last photo:

On the way home a co-worker of mine pulled up next to me to tell me I had no brake lights! Crap, so tonight was figuring out what wires to unplug in the signal light wireing and make the brake lights work. It's done and will order a new switch tomorrow.

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.