The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 36 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 07:27 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Built a little cover for the top of my new master cylinder bracket to clean it up. Still need to polish it up a bit.
I tend to go a little overboard, even on little things like that. I grind the welds smooth and finish with surface conditioning discs before painting. Even a little body filler applied with a finger tip to pits in the weld and sanded, if needed. Just me.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 12:11 AM

Last journal entry: first part in paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Bruce, Thanks.
The entire chassis is a TCI Stage 3, my retirement 'present' to myself.

Dave W
Ha thought so did you find enough caster adjustment on the top bush, I recon there is just enough and no more, also did you get the discs to wondering what type of car they came from
Old 03-03-2012, 06:56 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce mckenzie
Ha thought so did you find enough caster adjustment on the top bush, I recon there is just enough and no more, also did you get the discs to wondering what type of car they came from
Bruce - I'm currently at between 4 and 5 degrees caster with 31" tall tires in the rear, 25" in the front creating somewhat of a chassis angle "rake". There is possibly another 1-2 degrees left. The front rotors are American Granada, 1975-80 with a the standard Ford 4-1/2" wheel spacing
Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

1) A MK4 VW jetta: did a cv shaft swap. Turns out the CV shaft nut didnt tighten down properly when i torqued it. By the time i had it parked in the street I could hear the wheel bearing dieing a quick death.

By the time i had the car back up to the shop, it was totaly done for. I had to torque the thing down beyond belief to get it to pull back together enough to send the customer on his way overnight.

Monday I will be swapping out his month old wheel bearing for a new one. Luckily its and hour job and the bearing is lifetime warranty.

2) 2000 Audi S4: has a pesky low oil pressure light. Spent 3 hours screwing with it while the customer that JUST bought the car waited in the office. Swapped the sensor, motor flushed it. dropped the pan and inspected the oil pump. pulled the sensor and screwed in a pressure gauge to see what the actual pressure was ...

Turs out the pressure is ABOVE SPEC and the problem is that the car has an aftermarket tune thats got a glitch.

Monday we will be swapping the ECU w/ a brand "X" tune for the one we have laying around with a brand "Z" tune
Old 03-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Well I got out to the garage and sand blasted and epoxy primed my battery tray brackets. Painted another color on my instrument cluster, pretty close to being done with that. I then went thru all the bezels and knobs I have to find the best ones that I will detail. I found that my work horse gun wasn't working up to par and I pulled it apart to find that it was FILTHY. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it being it isn't for base coat or clear or anything like that, I use it for shooting chassis stuff, something that isn't too critical. I also loan it out for people doing primer and just not to worried. Well, it was full of crap! LOL, guess I should think about it a little more. So I cleaned it up for the black tomorrow on the battery tray.

Didn't get a whole lot done but this still took me five hours!

Brian
Old 03-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Managed to get everything in the garage and shop packed in a 24' truck for the move to Texas. All my tools, and two big block Mopar engines in pieces and one assembled including a half ton of extra parts along with a TH-350 trans I need to rebuild one of these days.

Won't be working on cars for a while.... at lesast till I get my new garage and house built.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"If money is what makes cars fast, mine otta be going 400 miles an hour!". - Felix Sabates
Old 03-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Managed to get everything in the garage and shop packed in a 24' truck for the move to Texas. All my tools, and two big block Mopar engines in pieces and one assembled including a half ton of extra parts along with a TH-350 trans I need to rebuild one of these days.

Won't be working on cars for a while.... at lesast till I get my new garage and house built.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"If money is what makes cars fast, mine otta be going 400 miles an hour!". - Felix Sabates
WoW, now that's a big deal! Drive safe!

Brian
Old 03-04-2012, 07:22 PM
quadrajunk, best junk there is

Last photo:

Accomplished a lot on the 70 LeMans.

Got all rear lights working.
Rear bumper is ready for installation.
Removed both rear side windows, regulators and weather strip.
Started inside door clean up & inspection.
Tried starting the 400 cid but forgot I had a low battery.

BT
Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

My Lawn Tractor
Transmission went out----ordered new one.
Today started the task of removing the trans

damn jack stand bit my finger before i even got started.

Had son take me to the hospital
Six stitches to hold the tip of my finger on---hope it stays there
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: Try again
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
WoW, now that's a big deal! Drive safe!

Brian
X2^^^^^^good luck, be careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan59EC
My Lawn Tractor

yikes I hope you are OK

I also was working on the outdoor equipment, my wife has 2 big rototillers both are broken, each for different reasons, so I tore them both apart

now I'm going to take all the best parts, order a couple of new parts, and make one really good tiller, and one not so good tiller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tillers.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	63710   Click image for larger version

Name:	030412170347.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	454.5 KB
ID:	63711   Click image for larger version

Name:	030412152034.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	820.2 KB
ID:	63712   Click image for larger version

Name:	030412151945.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	63713  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Last journal entry: Finally some floor!
Last photo:

Didn't really have too much energy today to get much done. Got back around 12:30 am from flying to Richmond, VA. and picking up my wife's replacement car. She's got about 230,000 on her 98 Cavalier so it was about time. Found a nice 2005 Buick LaSabre with an honest 12,500 Miles! I was kinda apprehensive but it is a really nice car. I know you are all going to laugh at this, but it was REALLY owned by a little old lady who drove it to church, store, and to get her hair done. Fell and broke her hip and now she can't drive! Been off her feet for a while I guess. She gave her hair dresser Power of Attorney and that's who sold her car for her. (Honest guys I'm not makin' this up!). Anyway, I flew there from Indianapolis yesterday morning and left there about 3:00pm. Put it in the wind and used the cruise as much as possible and it took me right at nine hours. I sure hope that it lasts her a long time because those flying low trips aren't nearly as much fun as they used to be! Only problem will be the garage door (I already hung the tennis ball from the ceiling so she can have something to aim for when she pulls it in!)
Not really been getting a lot done on the project lately. Putzin' with brake lines, fuel, etc. Couldn't decide what to do with the firewall. I plan on an aluminum faceplate but I wanted the firewall behind it to be decent also. The stock one has a lot of unused mount holes, etc. Have finally decided to replace the biggest part of it. Pulled the master cylinder and all lines I have made from the master and get ready to cut it out.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:38 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan59EC
My Lawn Tractor

Oh damn Bryan that sucks!

Brian
Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Last photo:

I got a lot done today, first off I said goodbye to the SHO, no more Fords for me. For a number of years there that is all that was in the driveway were a couple of Fords, now I'm a Mopar Dude with the Caravan and the Rambler (well Chrysler did end up buying them).

I did a bunch of parts cleaning and painting on the dash, painted and installed the battery tray brackets and tray. Went up into my "stock" and found a bunch of stuff I forgot I had. I have everything I need for the convertible, window rubbers and top rubbers and tack strips and everything! WHOO HOO.

I got the visors in, I really got a lot done, double WHOO HOO!

Brian
Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Last journal entry: My Last Hot Rod
Last photo:

No parts

I cut a tree up that I flopped last fall. Going to need that fire wood for the next winter
Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

Well,

I bought a new Moroso kick-out Pan (#20411) for my build (everything else is going to the Machine Shop week of 3/12), and thought I should put it on and see how it fits before I take it-the darn thing is 1/2" too wide for my Headers and the drain plug points directly at one of the Collectors-

So, this morning I found one from B & B (Stef's) and ordered it-no kick out, but it has a Trap Door and Baffle/Crank Scraper-

I then cut-out the front piece for my Console out of 18 gauge CRS, put it in the Bead Roller, beaded it and then used my tipping dies and bent the flange-because it is such a drastic contour (5" at the bottom flaring to 14" at the top in 20" or so) I had to get out the Lancaster stretcher so that the Flange would bend over-then I made an angle bracket, stretched it as well to match the contour of the bottom of my Dash-mounted it w/button heads, then punched three holes in the Console piece and plug welded it to the Flange, mounted it-when I got ready to Mig Weld it, I realized that I forgot to turn off the Gas last week and it was empty- , so I broke out the Tig (I can use the practice anyhow)-

Next, I am making some Panels to go toward the Firewall, and I will punch/dimple die some holes in that so that the Heater can vent to the Floor-prodding ever so slowly ahead, but at least it's progress!

Last edited by 35WINDOW; 03-05-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.