The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 360 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,079 Times in 962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx22 View Post
block sanding some filler on the sides of the bucket body before my last 2 layers of glass and Kevlar - slow work but needed for smooth lines - passenger side almost done - grill shell done - hope to finish the block sanding this weekend
Finishing it up is always nice, looking good!

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 10:38 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

What makes it worse is that he stole the tools of your trade. Being a body man is tough work, honorable work, and so for somebody to just come along and snake your tools that you worked hard for is just grrrrrrrrrr-
Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 PM

Last journal entry: C10
Last photo:

JoAnne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Everything going ok I hope.

Brian
Yes thanks for asking, she is being evaluated for a test program for rheumatoid authorities. So far so good.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 AM

Last journal entry: C10
Last photo:

Quote:
My God do I hate a thief, and we had a bad one where I was working once. The guy came to work and he was just there a few days and tools started missing. The bosses new motorcycle was stolen out of a storage building, it was crazy! One of our vendors who VERY seldom had a harm word about anyone when he saw him in the shop told me "Lock up your tools". I said come on, that is a hell of a thing to say. He said "All I can say is when he is around, tools disappear". Geeeez, he was soooo right. Wow, it was sick! He stole a DAQ of mine, a friction jack and a SnapOn 1/4" ratchet and that was just me! What scum, what friggin scum.

Brian
The only wers is a lier and a thief, the lowest of low.

Bill
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Last night on the way home I was told Marge had no brake lights. So I called to order a switch and had to pull the wheel off to see if the one they had was correct. I got it open and damn it's so simple, what could go wrong? I sprayed the switch with an cleaner designed for switches or potentiometers and that sort of thing, Marge has brake lights once more! Cross your fingers for me that it remains. I should just by the switch anyway but if I can put it off a while I'll watch for one on eBay and get it much cheaper.

Brian

I see the problem brian ....Your missing all the plastic pieces...
Old 10-04-2013, 07:51 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
I see the problem brian ....Your missing all the plastic pieces...
LOL, they were built quite different back then weren't they!

Brian
Old 10-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman Sr. View Post
The only wers is a lier and a thief, the lowest of low.

Bill
Right up until the last day he was there! No kidding, the day or so before he left a set of new tires disappeared out of the storage building. From the day he got there to the day he left! His MO was to swap out your tool for a worn one, NO KIDDING! The first one was just days after he got there, one of the guys found that his MAC air ratchet wasn't his, it was a worn out one. Never did figure out that little "mystery" of course we did after it kept happening.

My friction jack, went to use it and the head slid on the bar and wouldn't tighten up on it, ahhhhhhh, my license number wasn't engraved on it, hmmmm, again, went around the shop and no one knew were mine was or who's this worn out one was, and HIS was "at home".

The DA, my DA was on it's last legs and I was talking at the break about it. He said "I have one you can have, I'll bring it in tomorrow". The next day he hands me a PERFECT DAQ, it was BRAND NEW, not a scratch on it. I told him I can't take that for free, (they are about $200) I had something like $22 in my wallet or something I don't remember, I offered it to him at the very least I said, he took it and I had a new DAQ. I engraved it with my license number and name. One day he was doing a door skin and I showed him how I use the DAQ to metal finish and he was impressed. A day or so later I grabbed my DAQ out of my box and while using it noticed it didn't have any torque, I then saw that the cap was cracked, I looked at it closer and it didn't have my license number on it! Again, went around the shop (it was a big shop with about 12 painters and bodymen) and damn if everyone had their's except you know who, he didn't own one I am told.

The day he quit he was told he couldn't get his box until the end of the day because for some reason, he called the police and told them the shop was trying to hold his box ransom. The police came and told the shop owner he had to let him take it now. When I drove off the dude was sitting on the curb with his box on the sidewalk waiting for a ride.

Now the kicker, I was talking about this guy at work one day with a new guy, just a few months ago and he said, is that guys name XVZX I said yeah.............he had worked at shop with that guy and the story was exactly the same....right down to calling the cops!!!!!! He has burned every friggin bridge he has ever gone across!

Brian
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 PM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:

Didn't work on jack squat today in the garage, but I did buy a tool. Picked up an old power hacksaw. For a long time I needed something to make straight cuts in metal. I can cut metal, just not straight. I have a few grinders and a dremel. Also have tried the cutting blades in a cheap circular saw. It works ok, but not as straight as I would like. Figure for 45 dollars it was a decent deal.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Didn't work on jack squat today in the garage, but I did buy a tool. Picked up an old power hacksaw. For a long time I needed something to make straight cuts in metal. I can cut metal, just not straight. I have a few grinders and a dremel. Also have tried the cutting blades in a cheap circular saw. It works ok, but not as straight as I would like. Figure for 45 dollars it was a decent deal.
I am in the same club, why in the heck is this so difficult to me? I can do a lot of things with metal very well, cut a straight line in a piece of tubing isn't one of them! A piece of wood, same thing.

I need to get some schooling, any ideas guys?

Any tricks or tips you guys use to cut things straight?

Brian
Old 10-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Last photo:

Well, this is what I did yesterday, took off early from work and Nick and I went to get the Sunbeam. We are very happy with this purchase, it's very solid, going to make a great little car.

Brian

Old 10-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Well, this is what I did yesterday, took off early from work and Nick and I went to get the Sunbeam. We are very happy with this purchase, it's very solid, going to make a great little car.

Brian

When you get a chance to give it a good assesment, let is know. Tell Nick we are excited for him. I hope he won't mind if you post some pictures as you guys work on it.

John
Old 10-05-2013, 01:04 PM

Last photo:

We pulled some of the pats and stuff out of it and it looks VERY solid!

Brian
Old 10-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Last photo:

We haven't gotten all the insulation out but it is looking pretty damn good. Here is what so far is the worse of it, the front 10 inches of the left frame rail has a little "accordion" and some funky welds. Out side of a poor 40 year old paint job it looks pretty much unmolested.

Few other photos.

Here is the worse of the rust, the only rust thru in the floor is here.

The right side.

Here is the right frame rail at the front, solid as can be.

The motor needs a tune up.

My grand babies are on the way, should be here any minute, we will get back to the Alpine later.

Brian
Old 10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
We haven't gotten all the insulation out but it is looking pretty damn good. Here is what so far is the worse of it, the front 10 inches of the left frame rail has a little "accordion" and some funky welds. Out side of a poor 40 year old paint job it looks pretty much unmolested.

Few other photos.

Here is the worse of the rust, the only rust thru in the floor is here.

My grand babies are on the way, should be here any minute, we will get back to the Alpine later.

Brian
They always look soooo much better when you get the undercoating, flaky rust and rat's nests cleaned out. Nick should really get into cleaning it up and wire brushing it some.

It is really good you have it home but that doesn't mean you can just quit on the truck either.

John
Old 10-05-2013, 08:55 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
They always look soooo much better when you get the undercoating, flaky rust and rat's nests cleaned out. Nick should really get into cleaning it up and wire brushing it some.

It is really good you have it home but that doesn't mean you can just quit on the truck either.

John
I'm not but it is getting seriously side tracked. I need to add on to the garage to get it all under a roof.

Five minutes a day may turn into five minutes a week until then, and that IS better than the 20 years it stat behind the garage.

Brian

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.