The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 377 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2013, 06:16 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
Surprise. Look what rolled into the shop today'

A bit of history with a sick Hemi.
Is that the real deal, or a clone? Friend of mine owns one of the original Dodges campaigned locally. Not one of the factory fully backed cars like that one, but still very cool.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 06:20 PM

Last photo:

My buddy and I spent all day trying to sort out the drag link and pitman arm for his '69 Nova A/FX clone. We finally got it, but need to put the pitman arm in the vise and heat it to bend it down a little. Too close to the pan, and I'd like to have a bit more clearance.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:28 PM

Last photo:

The owner is the real thing, one of the original Ramchargers. The original car was destroyed at Ubly dragway in Michigans thumb.
Salvagable parts were then used on this body. Owner found in a field in the Carolinas.
The car is still raced. Thus the modern parts in the brakes and cooling. Ran 10.52 on 7" tires. Smokin em hard..
Old 11-05-2013, 06:34 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
My buddy and I spent all day trying to sort out the drag link and pitman arm for his '69 Nova A/FX clone. We finally got it, but need to put the pitman arm in the vise and heat it to bend it down a little. Too close to the pan, and I'd like to have a bit more clearance.
Having similar clearance problems on the Stude, cept with a str axle. The steering link is uncomfortably close to the pan and the tie rod is binding in the joint at full left lock.. Gunna have to do some bending.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
Having similar clearance problems on the Stude, cept with a str axle. The steering link is uncomfortably close to the pan and the tie rod is binding in the joint at full left lock.. Gunna have to do some bending.
This A/FZ clone is also a straight axle car. Same issues with pan and drag link clearance. Had to make an offset in the drag link to clear the pan, and now still need to bend the pitman arm so it wont be so close in a hard left turn and bump situation. Clears fine when wheels are right or straight ahead.
My Friend's Ramchargers Dodge is a 426 wedge engine. All original, except for the new paint job that is copied from what it originally had.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,081 Times in 964 Posts
Didn't do a damn thing on the truck but got a bunch done in the garage to clean up the mess I have so I can work on it.

Brian
Old 11-05-2013, 10:10 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

reading up on this advanced metal shaping book and am enjoying. Funny how they tell us about the "yodel- yoder- yoda- whatever... as if any one reading is willing to spend 50k on one. Dude, just forget about going in depth about that and tell us what else is suffice, like deep throat shrinkers and shrinking disks. I dig the different styles of metal working but so far, and this is speaking from not knowing, I'd say Lazze has been the best teacher for me so far. I dig his ways of handling things. Logical, but then again, that's a whole new realm but the good thing is the stuff I'm doing now will help me later and so far it helps me understand the mumbo jumbo a little easier. Just trying to make sense of it all and decide on what "affordable" tools I can get to do good work. Man, I thought it was a cake walk when I read the Covell chapter(lol), then I flipped the page to Fay and was scratching my head.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Didn't do a damn thing on the truck but got a bunch done in the garage to clean up the mess I have so I can work on it.

Brian

I feel your pain,i am doing the same thing for last couple of days,BUT this time I am actually throwing some of it away to make some room in my home shop ,last couple of months I have to move something to get to something else.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:51 AM

Last photo:

I am seriously throwing stuff out. I have been exposed to a hoarder of the last few years and seeing what they do, seeing how nuts it is that we keep things we never touch again, just because we "want" them, or we have plans for them, it's just crazy! I am miles from a hoarder but I do save stuff way too much, stuff that I never touch again, be it scraps of metal I think I will use, or nuts and bolts I think I will use or a tool I think I will use, I am tossing stuff and giving stuff away at work.

There is nothing worse than finding stuff you don't remember ever owning!

Brian
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

I am not getting rid of any tools ,just buying an addiyional chest LOL
Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 AM

Last photo:

A lot of mine are just duplicate junk like five pairs of regular old pliers, stupid crap like that. I have no idea how this happen but I am cleaning up and use my bench broom to sweep junk into a dust pan, (one of two dust pans I had in a little two car garage????) and I am cleaning away and I find another bench broom, ?? I have two? Oh yeah, I had one of them on my tool box at work so when I brought home the box I now have two at home, ok....I continue cleaning, another bench broom? HUh? This must be one of those other two, I Look around, nope, there they are, I have THREE. I keep on cleaning, ANOTHER bench broom!! I ended up having FOUR friggin bench brooms!

Honestly, it's crazy, if I have four of them at least I should know where they are! One hanging on each wall or something. I can see that, so you don't have to go too far to grab one to speed up production, I can understand that. But to have four of them and not know you own them??

Brian
Old 11-06-2013, 08:13 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

yeah, that spitznagel spot weld cutter is taking up too much space. If you're trash can is full you can always throw it away in my garbage can.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:17 AM

Last photo:

Crap, the garbage man picked it up today, sorry Henry. That and the extra pneumatic planishing hammer, crap I didn't think of you.

No, now I have a place to put my planishing hammers nice and neat.

Brian
Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 AM

Last photo:

Henry, you really need to buy one, put a few dollars aside every pay check and buy a Spitsnagle you are the guy who would really appreciate it. I can't believe that we have one at work and no one uses it, a shop owned one and ONE guy used it with my prodding, he used it a time or two and went back to the die grinder and air chisel.

You can't believe how you "unbolt" the panel off, using only a tiny fraction of your precious body, a tiny fraction of effort compared to the grinder, hand held drill or what ever, just a tiny tiny fraction of the effort.

Your body deserves this tool!

Brian
Old 11-06-2013, 08:37 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

I've used it and it's quite cumbersome. I like the rotobroach bits. I'm settled on that, plus I have plans for other tools I want.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.