The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 39 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
i bought some rototiller parts, more on order
I like how you mentioned that they are the wife's tillers.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Excellent idea and execution.

Gives me something to think about with my build.
I agree, beautiful work! However, I am itching just looking at that fiberglass, no kidding.

Brian
Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
I like how you mentioned that they are the wife's tillers.
we have 4 tillers, 3 (2 big and 1 small) are hers, 1 (medium) is mine

the garden is her deal---there is a fence around it, to keep the deer and me out

once the garden is going good, I will use my tiller to go between the rows for her, after she is done weeding

today i bought a HF lifting table because it seems like Im always working on her tillers, or her lawn mower, etc
that junk is heavy, and im tired of working on my hands and knees
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tillers.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	63859  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 PM

Last photo:

Well, one step forward and two back, CRAP. I was so excited to get my other instrument cluster piece in (with the radio) and going to button up the dash, then I found that the friggin cables operating the heater controls are all screwed up. I have a few extras thank goodness but I am going to have to pull it apart again to make it easy to change them. I also have a concern about the heater box, the control doesn't seem to want to move. We will see probably on Saturday.

Brian
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Dont feel bad Brian I finally got my parts in for a little collision job and they sent me the parts for the other side so before I called to tell them they made a mistake I checked my papers and sure enough,I got the ones I ordered.after getting everything straightened out I called the customer to tell them I needed 2 more days and being a bodyman that never makes mistakes I couldnt tell him him I screwed up and not wanting to be a liar I told him the truth,the parts they sent me were for the wrong side,which IS true I just left out the part where they sent the parts I ordered.
I've been using a tag along diesel generator to power the shop for two weeks nowI'm being inspectored to death ,where the heck do all these inspectors come from and why does each one tell you something different?To tell ya the truth I think they just want you to pay them to go awayif thats true why dont they just tell you that instead of running you around in circles???when the power pole went through the roof They said they wouldnt hook the pole to the meter until our box was inspected ...Of coarse it failed so we had to hire a well paid electrician to change out the box and breakers..since we had 3 phase electric and wanted the cheaper single phase ,we had the electrician wire it all up for single phase and got rid of all those humming boxes that took up so much space.He did a good job and had it ready to hook up two days later,that passed inspection but another inspector showed up and said we had to repair the hole in the roof before the juice can be turned on .ok that makes sence so up on the roof we went,then another inspector showed up (uninvited) and told us if we didnt get down off the roof there would be a 5oo.00 fine each and we had to have a liecenced commercial contractor up there. That diesel is expensive I hope no more inspectors show up I might have to throw them into a barrel and use them as a bio fuel
Old 03-09-2012, 07:31 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

and it just keeps on keeping on, they get you over the barrel, and start insertring,, we need more goverment
Whats the difference in whether you fall off the roof, or some guy with a slip of paper in his pocket, that says he is lisenced to fall off the roof,? always something isn;t it? the bad part is YOU have to pay them to harass you,,
Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 AM

Last photo:

Man o man, that sucks, my problems don't seem so big all of a sudden. I had forgotten all about the pole falling on your shop, you are still fighting with that stuff, that sucks!

When I had my shop a fire inspector came in and told me I needed an explosion proof cabinet for my paint. I went out and bought one to the tune of about $500 which was VERY hard to come by for me at that time. I bolted it up on the wall and months later another inspector came by and said I didn't need it! He showed me how he was right after I told him what the other guy said. Sure enough, I didn't need it!

Side note: When I closed up my shop I sold it to a shop near by (there are probably 50-75 shops in the surrounding areas) that I now work at. The other day my boss gave me that box. I now have it at home and plan on painting it like my old shop sign.

Brian
Old 03-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

And crap like that is why so many people avoid getting permits and having things inspected! After a lifetime of dealing with inspectors and their egotistical attitudes I have but a few good experiences with them.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:32 PM

Last photo:

Didn't do anything except open boxes today! FedEx delivered the new seats for my gaser project. Got two CJ5 black buckets from Summit, so tomorrow I'll start mocking them up to see what kind of mounts I need to fab.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:19 PM

Last photo:

Well first off, yesterday I had a project to do in the house, put up my little grand daughters pictures on the living room wall!

Today on the Gran Sport, some ^%&$ got done baby! First off I finally got the whole dash done, the heater/defroster cable problems were bigger than I thought but to make a long story short I pulled out all my MacGyver and fab powers to make magic happen. It all works great, for some reason I got no radio but I can live with that.

I went and bought a new battery and installed it.

An old gear head friend of mine came by right when I was going to start it up for the first time in a few years and he gave me some tips that really helped, it fired right up. Man was it good to hear that nailhead come to life!

I then stripped all the crap off the top, I am ready to start on it and I am jazzed!

I am going to be driving it very soon!

Brian
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF9641.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	63898   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9643.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	63899   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9691.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	964.5 KB
ID:	63900  
Old 03-10-2012, 09:20 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Well first off, yesterday I had a project to do in the house, put up my little grand daughters pictures on the living room wall!

Today on the Gran Sport, some ^%&$ got done baby! First off I finally got the whole dash done, the heater/defroster cable problems were bigger than I thought but to make a long story short I pulled out all my MacGyver and fab powers to make magic happen. It all works great, for some reason I got no radio but I can live with that.

I went and bought a new battery and installed it.

An old gear head friend of mine came by right when I was going to start it up for the first time in a few years and he gave me some tips that really helped, it fired right up. Man was it good to hear that nailhead come to life!

I then stripped all the crap off the top, I am ready to start on it and I am jazzed!

I am going to be driving it very soon!

Brian
What, no video? I'm not sure I believe it without pics!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427
What, no video? I'm not sure I believe it without pics!

I'll shoot a video when I go for my first ride but until you buy a season ticket I don't just give away my art.

Brian
Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM

Last photo:

One of the things that made me smile today was solving a problem that I came up with while installing the dash. I plugged everything in but the darn top switch, there was no wire there to plug in! I searched and searched twice looking for what I was missing. The wires came up from the floor to the firewall and ended right there, 18 inches from the switch, WTH? Today I was putting in the radio section and low and behold on the floor under the glove box was a wire lead that goes from the piece at the firewall to the switch (and the fuse block, there are three wires at the switch). So yes, listening to the Giants spring training and working on an American Muscle car, what could be better?

Brian
Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Glad to see you're getting somewhere Brian.
I've done nothing in the last three days.

The brother in law is coming over to do his front brakes today.
I also got to get the stripped lug nut off one of his wheels. I got him barred from his mechanic for telling him to bite beans for asking 500 bucks to remove the stripped lug nut. This is the same guy that removed the snow tires and installed the summer tires. He had to know there was a problem with the lug nut at that time. If I can't get it off I'm gonna look like shnook.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:06 AM

Last journal entry: 1930 chevy ratrod pick-up
Last photo:

what did you work on today

sold the 30 chevy streetrod today,got half what I was asking,but it's outta here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ratrod#1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	63906  

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

« Trivia thread | - »